ATT beta with HD 3xxx (and may be 2xxx) support

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bhairava

Bhairava Guest

GPU:
    2x 5850
    Intresting.
    Does ATT support 4xxx series?

2. Broken Hope

Broken Hope Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB
    In CCC you can change the type of Adapative AA used, from super sampling to multisampling, how would you achieve this in ATT? Would you set multisampling to 0 in the adaptive AA setting to only have supersampling?

[Edit]

Yeah there doesn't seem to be a way to select Adaptive AA type, only set the qualities. There needs to be another option to switch between multisampling and supersampling.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  3. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    No. As I know new 4xxx boards has absolutely different registers that 3xxx boards! I'm really tired of ATI's new prdoucts :)

I wrote already! There ARE only MS and SS. You can only change values for both of them, and how they will be used only Catalyst knows.

I don't think ATT will helps you. But try to overclock your board before playing h264 video.

4. Broken Hope

Broken Hope Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB
    Surely changing the MS/SS drop down in CCC changes a registry entry though, or how would it remember what setting was chosen?

In CCC there is a dropdown for AA type then the slider changes depending on if you pick MS or SS.

5. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    CCC stores all values in internal database.

I know it. I already made investigation. Changing only type doesn't allow you to apply (Apply button is grayed). So this do nothing :)
    And also you can check what values actually changed after apply in registry. :)

6. Whisky

Whisky New Member

GPU:
    ATI 2900XT 512 @ 800/2100
    Is there any way to increase memory voltage in ATT ?
    I have ATI 2900XT and ATT v1.4.7.1203

7. Klaus_1250

Klaus_1250 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 AGP
    It already has! h264 is already much more smooth with ATi's MPEG decoder (Cyberlink / MPC-HC have never been an issue). I still think I might be able to do some more improvements, but for that, I need to know what everthing means.

Overclocking won't help. The card runs @300mhz in 2d mode, but Cyberlink/MPC-HC using DXVA work perfectly with those speeds. I personally think that ATI's MPEG decoder is only doing a small amount of work on the GPU and does too much on the CPU. Don't know why, but I'm hoping there is a registry tweak which forces it to use the GPU for certain tasks instead of the CPU. I don't even understand as to why it is slowed down by the CPU either. P4 3.2 is not fast, but it is just fast enough for CoreAVC and that doesn't use the GPU at all!

8. deny

deny New Member

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4850 512 MiB
    The newest Beta recognizes my HD4850, AA and AF Settings work, clocks are correctly detected. Havent tried overclocking yet, and all sensors (fan, temperature...) report zero.

9. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Yes. No support for overclocking yet.

10. rainwulf

rainwulf Guest

GPU:
    4870X2 1gig@891/1021
    Hi Ray.
    This is an interesting question.

On my laptop and desktop (2400XT/3870X2) i have powerplay, and the ati hotkey poller service is running.
    Now i KNOW that this means that overclocking using ATT is totally out of the question.
    Im ok with that.

However, would it be possible to have the sliders in the overclock panel dynamically update themselves? For example, if i am watching the overclock panel, and i fire up a 3d app in a window on my laptop, the core jumps up to 600mhz (i am watching this in the ATT monitoring graph), however the sliders dont move. How hard would it to be to have the sliders move as well?
    If i hit try to move the sliders, while in the 3d app, then they snap to the current clock speed. I was just wondering if you could have the clock speeds move the sliders automatically. It would also serve as a feedback to those who do overclock their cards that overdrive/powerplay is in effect. Moving the slider and then having it snap back would be a good indicator that something is preventing your overclock.

I know i could always just open the monitoring graph and watch there, so this is not a bug. Just a feature i thought would be useful.

On my laptop, there are 4 levels of powerplay, 2 on Mains, and 2 on Battery.
    Its interesting seeing the laptop adjust the clock speeds as you switch between mains/battery, and also while switching between 2d/3d.

Sorry for the long post.
    Thanks.

11. zbaic

zbaic Active Member

@Ray:

here's pic proof for AI off/low discrepancy bug in D3D/OGL in ATT (build 1204). Pic shows D3D but it's the same with OGL.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9434/attaiyh2.png

There's the same bug in CCC merged mode (just checked!).

Config: X1950Pro, Cat 8.5, XPSP3, no CCC installled (ever on this install).

maybe this issue is X1xxx specific? Anyone else experiencing it?

===

similar bug with Flip Queue Size in CCC merged mode only (0 vs. undefined) - proof pic:

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/1502/att02lt3.png

btw2: what is default value for CCC merged mode tweak after fresh ATT install: enabled/disabled/not specified (I forgot)?

btw3: could you add "Default" option/button in advanced tweaks like there's one in standard tweaks, please (which reverts to initial/original values)?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  12. deny

deny New Member

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4850 512 MiB
    Is there any way to get the sensors to work, without yourself buying a HD48xx?

13. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Do not use non CCC mode. I can not guaranty that everything will work as expected. No problem with it in CCC mode
    I will check Flip value

14. krakjen

krakjen Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290 Tri-X
    Yes but are there still some issues with CCC mode?
    I switched it off because of settings resetting at each startup...

15. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Ok. I have fixed bug with Flip Queue Size, but I unable to reproduce bug with A.I. even in non CCC mode. Can you provide step by step instruction?

16. zbaic

zbaic Active Member

Ray:

thank you for fixing Flip Queue Size bug :)!

as for CAT AI bug, I don't have to do anything special. I just install Catalyst, then install ATT, and simply go to these 2 places shown in the screenshot, and they show different things (low vs. off).

BUT: If I change from low to off and then from off to low again in context submenu, then in Settings windows the value somehow gets updated and then shows low as well (instead of off when it should be showing low as in context submenu).

So it looks like AI value shown in settings dialog does not get initialised/read properly 1st time around, and only changing it forth and back (low -> off and off -> low) in context menu causes it to somehow get read/shown right in Settings dialog.

what is registry location/value from where ATT reads current CatAI value for both locations in program? Looks like 1 of them is bugged initially and has to be "repaired" by changing the setting in other (context menu) place.

If it reads it from CatalystAI in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx}\000x

then it was set to low (CatalystAI=1) all the time, hence value in Settings dialog for D3D/OGL/3D(in merged mode) is not read correctly for some reason initially (it's as if it was CatalystAI=0 in registry), but it's read/shown ok in context submenu.

I assume that:

CatalystAI=0 //off
    CatalystAI=1 //low (default)
    CatalystAI=2 //high

... hope it'll help you repro this bug (although it might be X1xxx specific if you are not able to repro it on HD3xxx :(). But because this bug is present only BEFORE you change CatAI setting in ATT for the 1st time, I think, Ray, that best way for you to try to repro it, is to uninstalll ATT completely (including its registry settings), then reinstall it, and recheck it with fresh install (values). You should see this bug, then (if it's not X1xxx specific). I'm afraid you won't be able to find this bug without fresh ATT reinstall (or without deleting some of its internal variables in registry storing current Catalyst parameter values, so they get reset to initial state: equivalent of fresh ATT install).

@folks with X1xxx and newer/older: do you have this bug?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  17. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Ok. I found it. Where there are no CatalystAI registry value D3D settings shows its disabled just because combobox will not be updated and Off is default value for this combo box. But for popup menu default value is Low.
    I just don't know what is exact default value of CatalystAI in driver itself.
    Lets assume it is Low.

18. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
  19. zbaic

zbaic Active Member

thank you again for the bugfix, Ray (I trust you fixed it but haven't tried fresh ATT install yet to confirm it or not - will check it out BTW with next ATT fresh install. If someone does fresh ATT install now, please do test it).

20. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Sometimes I even can not trust myself! How you can trust anyone? :) (just a joke)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.