Age of Conan - Guru3D Guild

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Enozekun, Jun 14, 2008.

1. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I played almost all day yesterday, and I'm now at level 16. I'm gonna finish Tortage today and reach level 20, then we'll meet up.

• Adrgha - 16 Conqueror - Battlescar(EU)

2. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Im going to chime in here so I dont clutter the forum with another AoC thread.

Ive got my Necromancer to Lv48 and while its good at solo PvE and (sometimes) group PvP... its absolutely horrendous at 1v1 PvP. Especially against anything that can heal. DoTs and Pet attacks only go so far, apparently :p

Ive created a Bear Shaman and so far I'm liking that due to its melee and healing capabilities. Ill have to experiment a bit further in order to get a better taste of the class.

I want to make a guild "Boss" so it looks like I'm an NPC :p

How are you guys liking the game thus far?

3. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'm loving the game so far, but then again I've only played for a couple of days. I'm also an MMO virgin, so I have nothing to compare it with, which probably is for the best (the WoW players seem to do nothing else than to complain about how much better WoW is at this and that). I love the mature universe, the violence, the combat system (fatalities for the freaking WIN!), the graphics and the music! The quests so far have been alot of fun too, and I haven't noticed any bugs yet (though I'm still in Tortage, the most polished part of the game). I think it would be even more fun if I had someone to play with though. I get ganked quite alot :p

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    wow players playing aoc and complaining are funny :eek: i might come and make a char on battlescar atm i got lvl 30 dark templar and lvl 60 barbarian on fury server

5. Enozekun

Enozekun Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT
    Sweet, me and John are playing at the moment. We need more people! :D

6. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah, come and join us guys! Me and Enozekun had hours of fun today!

7. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    I bought the game for the single player since I heard it was not bad I might join u guys havent played a MMO for years since I disgust MMO after playing 1 for 1 year....(not WoW thank god)

8. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Ive met very little WoW players that are torn between the two. They either love WoW to death and bash Aoc, or vise versa. I mean WoW has its points but for me personally its all about AoC.

Graphics, music, gameplay (as John said... fatalities rock), the mature setting of the game and so much more just make it a much better game to play. PLUS its not a gear grind (yeah it helps but so far it doesnt seem about that). Also the quests I can actually get into. That to me is a huge bonus. With WoW I would just click accept and complete the objective. With AoC I read the quest and understand the characters peril... some of the quest lines are pretty funny too! (Wait till you guys get to the Nobles District in Old Tarantia... theres an astrologer there that is absolutely hilarious).

Theres a number of pretty bad bugs mostly involving quests not working but hopefully they will get fixed in the near future. I wish I could stay up and play my BS but I need to wake up in 4hrs to goto work! :p

PS. I wish your feats were reflected in the tooltip of the spell/ability... sigh

9. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ah, come on! There must be more people playing this here? Eclap, where are you? :p

Me and Enozekun play several hours every evening. Fun!

10. mystic_pr0ject

mystic_pr0ject Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780Ti 3GB
    I'm a bit of an MMO virgin myself, never played one, never got into the WoW hype but from what I've seen and read I wouldn't mind getting into this... does anyone know whether I'd be on an EU or US server with me being in Australia ?

I might go pick up the game in a day or two...

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm busy having fun with my lady dude... I'll be on next week at some point... I actually created a new character on your server but I'm rather busy atm, sorry... I find it difficult to find time for gaming nowadays... But I'll be on at some point... Have you formed a Guru3D guild? If so, I'll apply for a membership.

12. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    I guess we should make the guild by now?

Anyway:

• Knockers - currently 32 Tempest of Set (priest) - Battlescar (EU) [MAIN]
    • Tobi - currently 31 Ranger (rogue) - Battlescar (EU) [ALT]

Please add me and send me a tell so I don't forget :)

Creative name you picked there by the way, John.

EDIT: Both characters are in the guild "The Barbarians" currently (big chances are you hate us at the moment), and I think we shouldn't make a Guru3D guild till more people play on the server (but we can still play together!). This topic should be make a sticky ;)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  13. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    Does anyone know if the world is more open once u get off newb island feels like Dungeon Siege trapped in corridor exteriors

14. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Yes its much more open after noob island. Similar to FFXI with regards to zones. Loading times are quick though.

15. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    We've already made a guild, but it's only me and Enozekun so far. I still have alot to learn in this game before I become "pro" though, but Enozekun is a good teacher :p

16. -Ruin-

-Ruin- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    Im on a US server- Stormrage. Some screenies in the screenshot thread.

Ruinedurday- lvl 24 Priest of Mitra

17. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    Isn't that a bit early? A 2 to 10 man guild will be no fun ;)
    I'm online right now on Knockers by the way, send me a tell if you're on :)

18. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah well, it was more of a "why not?" thing I guess. Neither of us are in any other guilds (I think, atleast I'm not), so it doesn't really matter. I'm playing for fun, nothing more :)

I'm usally online from 6-7PM to 11-12PM weekdays, depending on how tired I am after work.

19. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Well my lil noggy buddy your on the wrong server :( me & around 50 mates are on the EU Fury pvp server (Guild is called "Public Enemies") already got our battle keeps & killing anything that moves :D .

20. Steven Hone

Steven Hone Paolo the Gun

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 3X OC
    Im playing on a PVE server right now... Lvl 30 conq... Pitty there are no char transfers yet... :(