Call of Juarez for $9.99 this weekend on Steam!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Keitosha, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    In case you don't want to wait: http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=app&AppId=3020

This weekend only, Steam sells this game for a mere $9.99. A great deal tbh. They also did this with Prey and i hope more will follow soon.

Enjoy peeps. :banana:

EDIT: The Steam edition also supports DX10! Just right click on CoJ in the Steam Games menu and you get the options for it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  2. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Thanx for the heads-up, Keitosha.
    Can you confirm that Vista and DX10 are NOT supported in this offered version? (Quote from site: "System Requirements: Windows® 2000/XP (only)")

EDIT: I know it will just play fine on Vista, but I would like to get the DX 10 version of the game, not the DX9-only version.

3. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    I'm not sure, still downloading it. Isn't DX9 and DX10 support already build in the game?

4. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    The North American version should have DX10 support out of the box. The European version needs to be patched first, if I'm not mistaken.
    I think you'll find the DX10 benchmark in the game menu if you have the DX10 version ;)

5. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Call Of Juarez is a great game.

6. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    I hope so and the western style is really appealing. I'm tired of playing the same old WWII games. :)

7. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    lol

dont get your hopes up

when you play as the Indian half the time you are sneaking around not allowed to shoot anyone if theres a dead bod you get an x mark on screen if you try to shoot a dead body he says 'why would i want to do that' ok try shoot civilian nope not allowed ok so hes an Indian i guess thats understandable ok now lets play as the bad ass priest ok kill civilian mission failed ok wtf, lets try shoot the dead body of a snake oh not allowed what a ****ing surprise i expect to go off the rails on a western game its like theyve made a good game and sucked everything fun out of it, even when you go in the town as the Indian your not allowed to bring in a gun. ****est western game ive ever played.

Glad i dint pay for it, my advice watch The good the bad and the ugly thats one hell of a western

8. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    @ masterchiefx2: you should really try 'GUN' :p

@ Keitosha: please let me know which DirectX version is supported in your download.

9. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    I will, although i'm redownloading all my (60+ games) Steam games. because i reinstalled everything due to hang up errors with TF2. This will take a while, even with 12Mbit. :(

10. StreeTunder

StreeTunder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1024Mb
    great game !!!!!! if you dont have it, dont miss this chance, very good price

11. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    I just finished DL'ing CoJ and it supports DX10. When right clicking on CoJ in the Steam Games menu, you will get various options for running the game in DX9/DX10 and for running the DX10 benchmark. :)

12. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Thanks for the tip Keitosha, cheap games are always welcome :)

13. morfeus02

morfeus02 Guest

GPU:
    GOOD
    well i saw it in a shop for 4€

cheap XD

14. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Thank you very much, sir ;)
    -starting Steam to download-
    -downloading right now-

15. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    I just played CoJ for a bit and i really like the game. The gfx are awesome and i can see some changes between DX9 and DX10.
    The DX10 performance (1280x1024, 16xAF, 8xAA, all max) is really good and i'm quite surprised with that. :)

One minor thing though, it's sooo damn politically correct. I can't shoot corpses or civilians and when someone gets hit by something, you need to reload the game. :3eyes:

The game is still $9.99 btw. :D

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Thats a great deal. but i hated game. even if they pay 9.99 to me to play this game, i wont accept...Just my own oppinion..

Deal is great and thanx for sharing it with us :)

EDIT: and iam hoping the same discount to the ID software products...DOOM 3 and RSOE addon.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  17. mb

mb Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    i thought coj was a very good western fps with great atmosphere which also is one of the few dx10 titles where you actually see quite an image quality improvement over dx9

also didnt really mind not being able to shoot corpes, i mean why would you want to do that anyway, just a waste of time and ammo

18. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX660 Ti Power Edition
    I played a bit until I got to that part of the town where you have to avoid the guys looking for you after jumping out of the girl's window. Too much sneaking around and trying to avoid being detected.
    And that's the big problem I had. Sure, the graphics were nice. But there were several "don't be seen" moments before I got fed up.

19. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Man i really should jump on this.

20. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Too late. The price is $29.99 again, so the discount weekend has ended. :wanker: