Nvidia Forceware 177.39 + NVIDIA physX 8.06.12

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by me3850, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Stop It RAWR

Stop It RAWR Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD7850 BE
    There are, the 8800GT/8800GTS 512MB are G92 chips, they DO work with these new physX drivers, the 9600GT (G94), 8800GTS 320MB/640MB 8800GTX/Ultra are all G80 and are no supported yet, but I'm sure they will be in later weeks/months.

2. Lethialle

Lethialle Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GX2
    For you guys that have installed this driver, did you guys uninstall AGEIA PhysX Drivers that came bundled with games like Mass Effect?

3. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Thats a very good question.

I'm sure I have Warmonger somewhere, gonna install it again and see how it performs.

BTW, these should work for all games that support PhysX. CUDA does NOT [repeat NOT] have to be used within the development of the game.

CUDA is merely used in the Nvidia PhysX driver to port the PhysX calls to a language executable by the GPU, nothing more.

Theoretically, Cellfactor, Wrmonger etc should work, just as 3D Mark Vantage does (as it supports PhysX, and was developed WELL before nvidia bought Ageia) - at least thats what the general idea was... reality may be different (as pointed out in the Tech Arp article)

And for those throwing nasty comments at me, learn to read. I am not elitist or whatever else people tried to call me, merely stating fact.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  4. codeoflife

codeoflife New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTS 512
    Ihad some problems installing the driver for my 8800GTS 512 on xp32 (modded inf).
    Turns out the installer does not like long file names. Moved to c:\driver and it installed w/o a hitch.

thanks all.

5. Frag-master

Frag-master Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX960 Mini OC
    Use the 177.35 modded inf, copy and paste it into the extracted files and replace the DriverVer line with the following: for XP (DriverVer = 06/16/2008, 6.14.11.7739); for Vista (DriverVer = 06/16/2008, 7.15.11.7739). I have tested this with Vista 32.

whats the driverver ??? where i change that

6. BoudahXL

BoudahXL Member

GPU:
    GTX295 BFG
    Here is a list of games that have hardware support, and the ones that have software support only.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1141844

BTW the drivers are way too young, too early in development to make any significant impact, just take a look at the performance of the already 2 years old PhysX card, it's running circles around in those UT3 PhysX maps.

There are 3 maps, I tested with a 9800GTX at work vs my 8800GTX + PhysX card, and lemme tell you where my PhysX give me a solid 60+ fps in the tornado level the 9800GTX plundge under 25fps...

Those are press drivers, meant to show up where they're heading, oh and btw SLi is not working in 3D Vantage physic tests...

I'm just gonna sit relax and wait for nvidia to perfect these and prolly jump in later :)

Now for some quick answers:

-When you update PhysX drivers, you don't need to remove the older ones, the drivers are basically just adding libraries, if you check your PhysX control panel you should be able to see your lib versions, for example 2.5.1, 2.8.0, 2.8.1 etc...

-If a game install PhysX drivers it doesn't mean it's using the hardware, the API used in the game have to be hooked.

-If a game use the PhysX API it doesn't mean it support hardware, ageia's designed their API to use either CPU or PPU/GPU

7. Frag-master

Frag-master Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX960 Mini OC
    and copy where ??? it's a EXE no where to copy

8. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Its near the top of the .inf, you wil have to open the .inf in notepad or something and change the line

9. Frag-master

Frag-master Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX960 Mini OC
    where the .inf ???

i installed driver first ???

10. Frag-master

Frag-master Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX960 Mini OC
    done it thnaks

11. _cTn_

_cTn_ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 980TI
    Fan issue on the 8800gts 512 :(

12. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB

Hmm, I use a RivaTuner profile to control my fan and have no issues.

Must be specific to driver control of fan speed (nvidia always seem to mess that up).

INstall Rivatuner and setup up some custom fan profiles - you wont be sorry

13. Nuja

Nuja Guest

GPU:
    8800 GTS 512
    even with rivatuner, if i set fan at 100% all the time, it resets itself at 40% while playing cod4 :x

14. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Really?? Must be specific to the GTS 512. It works fine on my 8800GT

15. Nuja

Nuja Guest

GPU:
    8800 GTS 512
    i dont know, everything was perfect until the 177.xx series. the fan problem has appeared since those drivers.

16. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    Ahh, so that's why my performance in both the PhysX levels was so horribly sluggish. I thought it was actually running of the CPU after all... Yes, it was that bad :(

17. tux

tux Active Member

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GT OC SLI
    Seems to work for me. I cant test physX except for the demo that comes with it but after modding the .inf file and installing the PhysX drivers i dont see any negative impact yet.

18. Nuja

Nuja Guest

GPU:
    8800 GTS 512
    the combo 177.35 + nvidia PhysX driver load ut. physX maps faster than 177.39 + nvidia PhysX driver combo.

19. Lethialle

Lethialle Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GX2
    Did you have to remove the AEGIA PhysX drivers before you installed the Nvidia ones? Games like Mass Effect installs AEGIA physX drivers on your system during installation. Should we get rid of them?

20. accma

accma Member

GPU:
    C3D 8800GT 512MB GDDR3
    I didnt, just installed over and it works.

Vista64
    8800gt 512

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now, im with 177.39, but they are similar.