nForce 15.17 Vista 32&64bit XP 32 & 64Bit

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by antonyfrn, Jun 15, 2008.

1. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    wow thanks for your comment. I have yet to try it seeing as I'm now on service pack 2. When I install service pack 3 again I'll try this and see if it works. Does your internet now work normally with the 15.17 drivers?

Do you advice me to use the. 9.53/ 9.64 / or the 15.17 nforce drivers with service pack 3. After I manually entered my ip?

Also on the asus site you mentioned something about your raptor. I have the same one you have. Is there something you did to decrease booting time or making the raptor faster? let me know.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  2. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    OK, my boot-up and internet works fine with 15.17 drivers and SP3 - now that I have manualy configured my IP address settings (if left "obtain ip address automaticlly" my network card takes AGES to get my IP address with 15.17 & indeed 9.64 - causing a slow boot time)

I would advise you to use SP3(for security) & the lastest drivers for your mobo (for compatibilty, bug fixes etc etc) - so if thats the 15.17 drivers then go for it !!
    However you may need to manually assign your IP address settings like I did to prevent you ethernet card slowing everything up at boot time.
    You can only do this if you have a static IP address from your router, ie its the same every time. If your router gives your comp gives you a dynamic IP address, ie it changes - my fix won't work !!
    (If you cant do this you could use the 15.17 drivers for everything except the ethernet drivers which you could use from 9.53 - worked for me untill I discovered my fix)

In the Asus thread I simply commented that my 'raptors' speed was a little faster with the older 9.53 drivers. But its such a small amount its not significant and not worth worrying about.

3. morfeus02

morfeus02 Guest

GPU:
    GOOD
    damn... no support for my nforce 430 :(

4. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified

Yeah I have a static ip adress so your fix will work for me. I already have the 15.17 installed on sp2. I'm going to install sp3 and comment back later to comment if it worked.

EDIT. The fix has worked here, currently on sp3 and 15.17 with my internet connection in complete perfect working order. All props to slickric21 for this solution. Thanks allot bro.

5. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    No probs dude, glad your sorted
    Was a really annoying problem for me at first aswell, as you could tell if your read my 2 other threads I didn't know what the h**l was going on at first, but once it became clear it was to do with slow acquring network address, the solution was short and simple.

6. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i've had 0 issues with my ethernet and the new drivers in SP3 not with old set not with new set, installed, reboot, ready to go.

7. tux

tux Active Member

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GT OC SLI

are you using NAM by any chance?

8. eRa`

eRa` Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 570
    Running this set for a few hours now, zero problems so far.

9. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX

I don't think you can uninstall RAID drivers and still access your S.O. ... that's why the blue screen I think... I now imagine you have to reinstall your S.O., right?

10. GaryX

GaryX Master Guru

GPU:
    ASROCK 6900XT
    i had the same issue, safe mode didnt work too!

i fixed it by booting with F8 - last good known config.

btw: the 15.17 drivers seems to shut down the hdds after reboot completely, so when the bios post happens, which scans the connected drives it takes much longer and you can hear the hdds begin to spin!

this doesnt happen on my xp32bit installation where i still use v9.35.

very weird

11. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    No, tried it in the past and got burned - badly.

It is junk

12. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    been a few days now since i installed the new drivers ( just without NAM of course) and so far they're excellent, i cannot explain the 2fps increase in OpenGL games such as doom3 and quake4? maybe some kind of xp sp3 code improvement or something, a friend of mine got vista64 and the new drivers installed without issues at all.

13. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    These drivers caused HD write issues for me, not to mention the annoying delay for DHCP resolution at boot up.

Had to roll back to my old ones.

14. Undesirable

Undesirable Guest

GPU:
    Liquid Devil 6900XT
    I have an odd problem with these drivers. I'm using XP x86. They seem to cause my hard drives to shut down on a normal reset, and they have to power themselves back on again during the reboot cycle. Normal resets never used to turn them off.

15. aafuss

aafuss Member

GPU:
    ECS GeForce 8600GT 512MB
    Any issues with version for nForce 430?

16. stadi

stadi Member

GPU:
    4070 Ti
    does anyone know where to download these drivers? they seem to have dissapeared from the nvidia site.

17. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
  18. bodean

bodean Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    They were pulled from nVIDIA (For a reason)
    I suggest you do not use these 15.17s

19. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Banned

GPU:
    POV 9600GT 512MB DDR3
    Not that i know of, im on a nForce 430 and all is fine for me with these drivers

20. GTstrudl

GTstrudl Member

GPU:
    GF 8800 GTS 640
    How can I check current Ethernet version in my system?