Metal Gear Solid 4 - got it, what do you think....

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Jun 12, 2008.

1. BamBoozleD

BamBoozleD Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 FTW LE Sli
    What a curve ball right in end eh? Never saw that coming. Oh yeah, I got an Eagle for beating the game on Solid Normal. A lil half n half of sneaking and action, almost 20hrs.

2. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Same thing to me. Eagle, 20 hours, Solid Normal. Going through the game a 2nd time by skipping the cutscenes and I'll go a 3rd time normally through the game later this year.

Online kicks ass too.

3. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Finished it last night! Best game ever! Nothing more to say on that matter.

Unfortunately, I had to go somewhere just as the credits started so didn't get to see past the credits and therefore didn't see what special items or ranking I got!

Does anyone know how to acquire Stealth or any other super special item?

4. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Ok the thread that I started a lil while ago has stopped however I wanted to say this:

I just finished the game and all I got to say I was left in tears, goosebumps, and speechless.

There is alot of stuff in this game during realtime cutscenes that utterly destroys any game I have ever witnessed in a video game media or movie for that matter.

Some emotions in this game are like no other game you have ever experienced before.

From a gameplay point of view, yeah great would be better with KB and mouse.

All cut scenes are rendered in completely 100% real time and from what I witnessed, they ONLY living game that even comes close that I personally witnessed is non other then MGS3.

All in All does it live to its hype? On your life.

did it end the series good? you really wanna know? completely speechless with tears.

Most memorable parts of the game? well I can count so many in this game but far as probably becoming the most memorable scene is probably the ending scene with, I dont want to spoil it if your not that far or with eva right after the boat war scene, just right after meryl & johny scene.

final conclusion?

no game is perfect in this aspect however Kojima seriously deserves a medal of game honor for this speechless game, I still cant belive that this system only has 256 of vram and gpu based from an already ancient, the geforce 7 series, cell is probably doing alot of work for this game, aaaand I still can not belive till this day that kojima san himself thinks that the game is not what he hoped to be or disappointed should I say, after he saw that the cell engine can do, the team was astound and wanted to take 10 steps over but kojima and his team couldnt even get pasted step 1, this tells you very clearly he is defint a perfectionist and very anal to the overall quality of any game and it clearly shows in the game itself as solid proof. No matter what kind of hardware kojima san himself has at his disposal, he will never be happy on what he has on his side to create games the way he wants it. Kojima san if you reading this, I want to say: Thank you for creating this speechless game, Thanks how you ended this game to put an end to the series and last: Nothing is perfect you know, I understand you are extremely anal to your games and it clearly shows but nothing is perfect no matter what kind of hardware you have so just try to be happy on what you got and you and your team put an effort into this game,and the amount of heart like no other game designers,etc has ever put into their games, I cant think of any besides mgs3 that would even stand a chance. Although their are many great games like GOW,Crysis,etc to name a few but far as putting all of the teams heart, devoting to that game, MGS4 leaves where other game developers needs to put something similar theses days, something we havent had in so long, its called heart.
    not heart as in organ, heart an in, you know exactly what I mean.

And this is coming from a PC GAMER "NOT" a conole gamer.

Final score. lowest=1, highest=10.

Gameplay = 9.0(GREAT)
    Sound = 10(EXCELLENT)
    Graphics = 10(for a console game, nothing even comes close, in some cases any game made, even on pc)
    Memorable = 10
    Realtime Cutscenes = Infinite(priceless)

My final score, even though it may like like an 9.5 rating but in my heart I will give the final score: 10/10 = SpeechLess

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Konami stated awhile back ago that the company needs to sell at least 1 million copies soon as its shipped to make up for the production cost of the game, talk about a cost to make a game like this.

Far as sales figure go, 300,000 sold in one day in japan, thats only the limited and normal ones not the ps3 bundles,

In the u.s. it sold 400,000 in one day, 70,000 mgs4 bundles.

1.3 million units worldwide

In the end konami has successfully made its money back and then some as they hoped for.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Thank you AMDBUGBEAR. that was great to read..damn god pls let the delivery guys bequick!

6. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  7. dmonk

dmonk Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    wow really, nice to know.

I also would like to point out to anyone who hasn't played why AMD BugBear gave the sound a 10. It's mostly uncompressed audio and its pretty up there. I am using some portable logitech speakers temporarily ...and I was surprised those sounds would come out of it. If I hooked up a real sound system, man!

8. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    anyone use dazzle platinum to put your recorded videos on your pc?

That or used a video capture card?

Whats a good one to use for this appliction? I know sorrie off topic here.

9. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Well I'm playing on a 5.1 set (Logitech Z-5500) and MGS4 has the best sound and effects out there. The sounds are really crisp and directional. They also use the surround and subwoofer really nice.

It's an audio masterpiece, a video masterpiece and a story telling masterpiece.

10. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Nice post A M D bugbear, when you say this game has heart i know what you meen i really feel for the guy and the acting in the cut scenes are better than most films i have seen, i have been a console/pc gamer since the atari 2600 and only a few games gave me that feeling of caring and that something special "shenmue and FF7" this game tops them all, i honestly hope this game comes out on the 360 and PC as everone should have the opitunity to play it, BTW i know its a 33gig BR disk even if thay stick it on 4 duel layer dvds and compresss the sound people should have the chance.

11. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    gosh ppl help me , already bought a gta4 and my budget is on its knees , can only afford one more game so wat should it be u think ppl mass effect or mgs4???

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    hmm MGS4!..mass effect is good too in my oppinion..iam playing it too.

13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    MGS4 by a mile.

14. dmonk

dmonk Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    MGS4...you can always go back and get mass effect on sale.

Be part of history!

15. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    cool mgs4 it is then

16. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    watched alot of youtube vids and reviews of it, just doesnt look like my cup of tea, and camera controls looked jerky, some of it looked cheesey
    oh well, havnt had time to play nothing lately anyways

17. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    The best way to sum up MGS4 is to watch your favorite movie and then play your most favorite game and then multiply them both by a 1000 which = MGS4.

Seriously though ive never played a game that has such an incredible story line and gameplay before. Im playing it on 5.1 surround sound and a 47inch HD T.V. Its just tooooooo good. If you watch the videos i can some what understand how you can dislike it but TBH you need to play it to fully express your opinion. Best thing to do it rent it MGS4 is for some people and is not for some people. :3eyes:

18. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    in wat aspects does mgs4 supercede mass effects exactly does mgs4 have better graphics???

19. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    omg do u tink liek he ment teh graphix or the st0ry

In english: I think he meant the story and not the graphics.

20. bahamut

bahamut Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GTS (G80) @ 600/1800
    Better overall art direction, more consistent quality throughout, better dialogue and script (although I appreciate the branching options in Mass Effect make this difficult to compare directly), better cutscenes, much better framerate (when compared to the 360 version of Mass Effect at least), better overarching story, deeper characters (although I guess this depends on your history with the series, Mass Effect is a brand new IP compared to the well established MGS franchise and its characters), better atmosphere and imo a better combat system.

That's just off the top of my head after playing both, I'm sure others could come up with more. :)