Metal Gear Solid 4 - got it, what do you think....

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Jun 12, 2008.

1. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Got the game this morning and played a little, allready i like old snake and the way the game flows feels great.

2. bLinkZor

bLinkZor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW SLI
    you lucky F***!!! :D I'm getting mines tomorrow because I orderd from newegg. But it's worth waiting for because I just got a 40" HDTV and I'm rearragning my room to make it a little chill.

3. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Been playing it for the past 3 hours and i''m on act 2 now,its great and there is so much detail in the game.

Hell the game looks great too even on my crappy SDTV,waiting for the second install to finish.

4. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Love it

Ive been playing since 9:30 this morning and so far im really addicted to the game. Visually it is excellent especially when your playing it in high def. Though 5.1 surround sound is some what of a piss off since when your move around the voices dim down alot i know theres some way to fix it but ill look into it later. Gameplay is excellent and the controls are simpile to master the learning curv is about 20mins to gain a full understanding of the controls and when to do what. Leaning against the walls some times doesnt work when you want it to which is quite anyoying. Apart from that i love this game and im playing it very slowly in the sense that i make it last. E.G. I dont just rush minlessly killing everything i like to go through every bit use as much stealth as i can. Btw im playing it on big boss mode :biggun:

5. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    i got to at 10am but got home at 1:13pm but i am shock that the game and not online is 1080p wow i am loving every 1080p pixel in this game. if you going to buy a PS3 get a 1080p HDTV because you going to have your mouth in the floor when you see this game in 1080p. this game is better then GTA IV but both of them are very good and MGS 4 is more action then GTA IV.

6. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Dam!, I want my ps3 back so muchhhhhhhh

7. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    I hear that environmental destruction is almost non existent,which kinda sucks. I personally believe that MGS4 will be almost forgotten within a month or 2

8. dmonk

dmonk Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    I think that was sort of the case with GTA4, it received all those 10's and left GTA SA players with dry mouths. GTA4 is awesome, just not a 10 awesome.

MGS4 seems to just surprise people. Sure its hyped, but GTA4 had the "i am the king of all" hype that probably was bound to be casted down.

9. Wanny

Wanny Guest

AHAHAH wow guys lol I'm amazed by MGS4. Just go buy it.. damn **** it's PURE QUALITY! It looks so ****ing great! Damn I still don't believe it.

Looks incredible in 720p too. I'm sure there aren't that much of differences. Maybe less jaggies, pretty much it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2008
  10. BamBoozleD

BamBoozleD Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 FTW LE Sli
    Its 1:45 now and still @ work. I have mine tucked away in file my cabinet @ work...whats another 3 hours eh? Man I cant wait! You lucky SOB's able to play already. Nvidia, you said game is 1080p but not MGO?

Its funny because for awhile now I thought this game only supported 720p...freaking rumos, I even bought an HDTV 720p 32"...or so I thought, turns out my TV supports 1080p and the game aswell.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008

11. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Been playing all day and i have to say ive had one of the most fantastic gaming experiences ive ever had. So far im at act II after you defeat octapus and you make your way to tracking Naiomi. The story of this game is really intense. LOL at the bit were snake drops his ciggeret on purpose so he can check out naiomi. Is it me or does any one else find her really HOT !

12. xEnergie

xEnergie Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570
    haven't gotten that far yet, just got home from work and im at the part where he talks to drebin or whatever haha. this game is a+ :)

13. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    Both online and offline support 1080p i stop playing the first level and i was in the game for 20 mins but i stop since i am waiting for 2.40 if it dont comes out on june 18 then i will start MGS 4 and GTA IV.

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Personally I think MSG is one of the worst video game series ever created. Its got corny dialogue, rubbish over-the-top storytelling, bad weapons, bad controls, and way too much cinematics. You may as well watch a movie and pause it every now and then to play with the settings, this would be much more fun in my opinion. Its games like this that make me want to stop gaming.

Oh no here come the fanboy flames? :bang:

15. BamBoozleD

BamBoozleD Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 FTW LE Sli
    Finally got to play and WOW. Everything I expected ever since the first teaser trailer was introduced back in 06. Worth the wait I say. To the poster above..well if you dont like the game, you just wasted $60. Thats if you actually own the game...Oh and I'm not trying to start a flame war, I don't care what you think about the game, its your opinion.

P.S : LoL, on page. 34 in the manual, Drebin's name is spelled "Dorebin".

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008

16. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Bought it, played it and well, after 1hr and finally getting to act1 and countless cut scenes I can say I wanted to play more but I just didn't have the time to invest into even the first level. The thing I respected the most was that even though they had a cut scene every 10 feet you walk (I am not kidding) was the fact that they atleast made the cut scenes interactive. They have a button flash in one of the corners of the screen and if you press it it changes the cut scene (to some extent). I would have rather played more of the game and less watching a spoon fed story but the cut scene interactions made it feel a little less spoon fed.
    The other thing that stuck out in the game was the use of subtle humour. Even in the installing screen there was some bits of humour that made that a little less painful. So far I can't really say wether or not the game is as good as it has been hyoed to be but I can say that it is really well made and detailed (not really graphics wise as I think GTA4 is more detailed, jaggies and all) and seems like it will deliver a satisfying gaming/extertainment experience.
    I expect it will take me about a year to get through all the cut scenes and game content with the amount of free time I have. So far so good.
    Cheers.

17. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Don't worry it goes away after the first few loading scenes.

btw, review here

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=2732128#post2732128

18. bahamut

bahamut Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GTS (G80) @ 600/1800
    Have you played Metal gear Solid 4?

Have you played Metal Gear Solid 4?

Loving it so far, and this is from someone who hasn't truly enjoyed a Metal Gear game since MGS on the PS1 and limped through Portable Ops on the PSP. The graphics are some of the best I've seen on the PS3 imo, cutscenes being right up there with Uncharted and some of the effects are superb. I'm about 7 hours in now and it's been one of the best gaming experiences of the year so far for me. There are a lot of cutscenes and some of them are pretty long, but I never felt the need to hurry them up, there is a lot of story to be told. Loving it so far! :)

19. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    Loving it so far. Quality stuff (watch out for spoilers guys, try not to reveal anything in your posts!!!)

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    man..i always INTERESTED in MGS series ..HAD all of their games. But never finished snake eater..damn hard to play and...i alwyas wanted to third person like gaming..action oriented i mean...lke GTA4 style third person camera and swallsticking while shooting..can wee see it in MGS4? and is the GAME HARD? as before..u know MGS series has its unique target audience..iam not 1 of them but it always attracts me. unfortunately games hard being kills my FUN. what u say? hard as before or not?