3 Days and 5 hours untill Metal Gear Solid 4

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by TekkMarine, Jun 8, 2008.

1. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    LOL that will suck but dont plan anything because when you plan something, something always mess it up for you in the end.

[​IMG]

Too bad i wont play MGS 4 untill tommorow at 9:30am when they open the store in Circuit City in 86th in NYC and beside i saw what happen in the news about GTA IV when it they sold the game at 12:01am. too many crazy people just for a midnight launch and someone may get hurt just for a game too pff. there no rush for me i pick it up when its june 12.

2. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    It's 10:26 here. I wasn't able to pre-order or anything. I won't be able to get to the GameStop for the midnight launch. Oh well...I'm so freakin' excited for this game. I'll have to enjoy it when it's back in stock, a week from now. T_T

3. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    :3eyes:

4. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Yay i get to pick up my copy in an hour from Game,i'm so excited.

5. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    WOW 120hz in MGS 4 in 1080p. i am loving this game really its one of the best looking PS3 game to date.

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Unfortunately its not running at native 1080p, its upscaled....looks like this gen consoles we will have to be happy with upscaled games to 1080p and even some upscaled to 720p.

From Quaz51 at beyond3d

7. RaoulDuke4413

RaoulDuke4413 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280 3gb
    Hrmm... the last one I played was MGS2 on PC... I never owned a PS2, you think I should pick up MGS3 before I get MGS4? I'm not sure how much of the story in 4 I won't get if I skip 3 (which I hear was really good).

8. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Ok well MGS4 picks up from MGS2 Sons of liberty. Remeber when they said at the end in that codec message that all the patriots are dead? and that olgas daugter is being held hostage by the patriots and liquid was in ocelots body hunting the patriots ?????? :pc1: You remeber that and your all good to play MGS4. You need not bother by MGS3 since its a pre call to snakes earlier days when rips russia a new ass hole and kills big boss. But still if you want the full experience buy a PS3 and play MGS3 before you do MGS4.

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    MGS3 is worth picking up a cheap second hand ps2 for, but you don't have to play 3 before 4.

10. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Wish i had a HD set,ah well hopefully i will soon enough.

11. RaoulDuke4413

RaoulDuke4413 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280 3gb

Thanks guys, I decided to just read the wikipedias to brush up, went ahead and got 4. I really like cutscenes, so this game is my cup of tea, heh. Excellent presentation.

12. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Interesting seeing the back of the American version, the fact it lists all the HD formats, as the Pal version only lists 720p.

[​IMG]

13. bahamut

bahamut Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GTS (G80) @ 600/1800
    Iirc MGS4 actually renders in 1024x768 and is then scaled to the output resolution which is quite a strange way of doing business, but there is no doubt it looks bloody awesome however you play it. :)

PAL version defo outputs at 1080p if it is selected as an available resolution on the PS3 though, dunno why they would leave it off one and not the other.