Hardware malfunction error message

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by exiled_soul, Jun 9, 2008.

1. exiled_soul

exiled_soul Member

GPU:
    XFX-GTX275
    When i play assassins creed after 30/40 min.my system hangup and a blue screen error message appear it says hardware malfunction system has halted contact your hardware vendor ...it only occur when i play AC..on other game like crysis,cod4 it doesn't bother..plz somebody help

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  2. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    have you installed all the patches for this game?

3. exiled_soul

exiled_soul Member

GPU:
    XFX-GTX275
    yes m8 i installed all the patches for the game..by the way my version is nuked..and i fixed it by download some of its corrupt file..i change my gpu driver also but no luck

4. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    vista or xp?

5. exiled_soul

exiled_soul Member

GPU:
    XFX-GTX275
    its XP

6. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    Hey, sorry for the late response, do you have any processes, running in the background? anything at all, disable it and then try?

7. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    If by "nuked" you mean it's not a 'proper' release and you've had to download the correct files to make it work properly, then you shouldn't be advertising that here - that kind of stuff doesn't happen anywhere on this forum, and no one is going to help that part of the problem.
    (and I've read a lot about people having corrupt installs from downloads that lead to BSODs or random CTDs just like what you're talking about)

If, on the other hand, you have a receipt for your purchase of AC, I'd be for getting a hold of Ubi and getting them to fix it or at least to walk you through a work-around since it's probably not hardware related at all.

Good luck!

Psychlone

8. exiled_soul

exiled_soul Member

GPU:
    XFX-GTX275
    Thanks for reply my problem is solved its my usb mouse which is causing this malfunction.