Consoles Will Fail - It's only a matter of time

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PixelPerfect, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Retrolock

Retrolock Guest

GPU:
    G1 Gaming GTX 970
    I'm waiting for my xbox 360 console to fail because of RROD lol.

I must admit, the consoles have its uses. I'm currently playing GTA4 and Lost Odyssey for example. I wish rockstar would port GTA4 already to the PC so I wont have to suffer jaggy moments and turd blur.

2. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
  3. PixelPerfect

PixelPerfect Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 285
    gfx aint all to me, the 2 Penumbra games is probably 2 of the most scary good games I have ever played and the gfx aint that good as everywon knows.

But the immersion owns pretty much anything out there and no im not missing out on games if I dont own a console. the most games do come to Pc annyway you know and is much better in my book than often sub 720P blur with slooow fps that can make you sick!

4. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Your MAJOR loss if you dont like consoles...

They are going to be around forever....and i mean forever.

5. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    +1

For example, the graphics in Deus Ex are quite blocky for nowadays' standards, yet I still enjoy playing it.

6. PixelPerfect

PixelPerfect Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 285
    Yeah I dont mind blocky or dated gfx it's just the blurry lowrez mess I cant stand and often bad fps.

On a Pc I atleast got the rez I want and a clean look :)

7. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    OMG, not st john again....why do you people keep listening to his rubbish. i sound like a broken record as i've cursed him on several threads now, i swear he's a hypocrite. he said in a CPU magazine not 2 months ago (read the full versions) about how PC gaming is dieing and then subliminely advertises his "Orb" software and then says Consoles are dieing while sublimienly adversiing his "orb" and now he yaps on about his love/hate thing and i do agree with his remarks of regular people trying to deciphure wether a game will work or not on their rig and still...if you read the full version....on about his stupid Orb software. though i think orb is a good idea ...but cmon now, he's a hypocritical jack#ss

8. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    I get CPU magazine and have read everything he has ever written, and yes he has contradicted himself but if you take the article at face value it does make some sense.

Most computer users don't know $hit about computers and are far more likely to own a console for gaming. I also agree that a very high percentage of PC games sold are by poeple who know nothing about computer specs, and once you buy and open a PC game it can't be returned(not very easily anyways).

Think of the number of copies of Crysis are lying around collecting dust because the purchaser thought they could run it and can't.

9. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    and i did agree with him on that part, but he never tells me anything i dont already know anyway...i just dont like the guy, i could pretty much do his job at CPU

10. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI

Think you are been alittle silly there my freind. I mean look what we have to contend with from the nextgen consoles.

Devil may cry console. 30fps 2xAA
    My rig. 60fps 16xQAA

Then theres Grid again sub 30fps console 2xAA , my rig 60fps 8xAA and don't even get me started on the resolution side of things.

It's clear to see that most games are going to be multi platform for this gen of consoles atleast , and my rig already slaps the consoles performance all other.
    So what makes you think even the 7 series cards will not put up with the console game's that are been released. Atleast until the next genaration.

11. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i was discussing cost but since you mention it, not everyone cares about graphics, its all about gameplay.
    30 fps or 60 fps, i really dont notice. unlike some i actually play and get into the game itself rather than look for imperfections, benchmark it or stare at specific areas..thats a waste of time.

and for the record i'm glad i can still bust out my old NES and play for fun rather than look at it and say.."ahhh, 2d jaggies and 280x400 resolution"
    lol, that would suck

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  12. MountainLynx

MountainLynx Guest

GPU:
    RX 570 8GB
    Ah, the glorious cluster of seizure-inducing square pixels that was the NES. Modern gaming companies would do well to remember their roots. Back then when graphics were so limited by the available hardware, if you gameplay failed, so did your game.

13. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Erm i'm sorry , not sure you understood my point. Both them games i stated are released on both console and pc( meaning same gameplay) and as i stated i was comparing multi-platform titles.

I see your point in that it's not all about graphics but you were trying to make out that the next wave of games that arrive on console/pc will make the 9 series obsolete. I was only stating the fact that even the 7 series can do what the ps3 and xbox 360 can do so how would that be possible?

I have a 360 aswell as my pc, but i feel it will not be long before i get rid of my console. The reason been all my games just run far better on the pc. And as for the difference betwwen 30fps and 60fps to me it is very clear , you may just need to see them running side by side.

14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    If games on the 2 consoles(360 and PS3) were to be more cpu bound, I wouldn't doubt that they could keep up.

15. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    To the thread starter, I disagree...

Not becuase I own a PS3 but consoles are the way ahead in turns of making money..

Take COD4 for an Example

10 Million games sold, world wide..

lets break that down..

Xbox 360 - 4.5 million
    PS3 - 3.6 Million
    PC - 1.9 Million..

Plus Downloadable Content for cosnoles..

Wich is failing ?

I let you figure that one out, consoles are the futre. "Period"

16. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    well you can get downloadable content for pcs too....
    How do you work out console are the future? Every day consoles try and get more and more like a pc. Consoles are raking it in on games but if you look on how much money is spent on computer hardware vs consoles then i would love to see you still think that consoles are the future just based on how much money is made.

17. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    You maybe right, but like me people tend to want to save money and therfore the console is the cheaper option... Games are catered for that particular console, no need to upgrade simply to get the best out of gaming :) ...

Their is your answer ;)

18. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Not really. Only thing that a console is starting to resemble PCs with, is downloadable content and that's it. If anything, PC even more with some microsoft games are trying to becoming more console like. Halo 2 and GOW, Lost Planet Colonies edition, and Shadowrun all use a social network, and 1 social network, live. I think it needs to be under 1 social network though personally, but not live. D:
    PS3 version runs at 60 fps I believe.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  19. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Double post, sorry.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  20. Wanny

Wanny Guest

DMC4 definetely runs at 60 FPS on PS3.