Age of Conan officially out!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Daftshadow, May 21, 2008.

1. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    Just want some feedback on those who have the game or already playing the game. I've read some reviews and they've been positive. I'm like on the borderline of getting the game but still hesitant. I learned from my mistake with LOTRO...

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yet I still don't have my copy of the game.

3. evilfury

evilfury Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
    I ordered it yesterday and it will be here tommorow. Servers will be open at friday.

4. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    Is there a monthly subscription cost for this game?

5. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
  6. bobekk

bobekk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 VENTUS 3X
    so this game suxxx

bring next one

7. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    I'm tempted to get it But i won't buy it until there is at least a trial of it (like eve and wows 14 day trials) so i can see how it is myself.

8. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ does anyone know if they are implementing something like this to try it? Cuz I'm the same. I'm not going to commit to it if its no good..

9. Flugnuts

Flugnuts Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512
    The first 30 days after launch are free. I got the game yesterday and I love it. It's JAWSOME! I can't wait to see how much more awesome it will be in the future after we get some updates and patches going. :)

10. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    From what i've read (just checked a few sites) there is apparently a trial, retail buyers get friend keys or something that will give a friend a 10 day free trial of the game.

Got to ask (would seem silly not to :)) BUT if anyone out there has a spare friend key (if they are real) i would be very greatful if you could PM me one so i can try this game out, in return (if it worked) i would be more than happy to gift you HL2 or HL2EP1 on steam if you don't have one of them :banana: as i have them spare.

11. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Been playing it since Friday thanks to the early access program - hands down the best MMO I've played. Highly recommended to anyone.

12. HittriX

HittriX Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    It 's coming out the 23th here , i'm gonna give it a try cos i readed some good things about this game.

13. Mucko

Mucko Member

GPU:
    GF9600gt
    I played World of WarCraft and got to level 20 and grew bored. But if there was ever a MMORPG game I would like it would be in the world of Conan.

I read all the original Conan books and alot of the newer ones. (All I had was the atari 2600 back then.) Subscribed to the magazine for years in the army and even played the play by mail strategic game Hyborian War for years. I know the background of the world by heart. But will I like the game. I dunno. I'll wait for everyone else to say.

One thing I like what I heard about. Is the fighting is actually skill. You have to learn to swing and block in real time which makes it sound real appealing.

We will see.

14. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I guess im gonna be one of the rare ones that dont like it. :cry:

Oh well....

15. Crystalvain

Crystalvain Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    there's always someone out there who see's a hot chick and thinks..meh I've seen better.

16. PHJF

PHJF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    So is this any different than every other MMO? I thought I might like Tabula Rasa but the combat ended up being a gimmick.

I like the *concept* of an MMO but the execution is always so pathetically poor: fed ex questing, bland combat, lame equipment, poor player-character options. I'd like to see more cRPG in an MMO - Baldur's Gate Online or something

17. madmax987

madmax987 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI HD4870 512mb
    CROOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!

This game looks amazing, gonna be buying it tomorrow.

Has anyone seen the Xbox/PS3 Conan game, absolute crap by the way, Conan actually uses magic???? Console retard developers!!! Good thing that game has nothing to do with Age of Conan!

18. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    age of conan is coming to 360 .

ill wait for that version, then i dont have to pay stupid monthly ****

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    i stay with WoW, i was in AoC Beta. i didn't liked it, graphics are superb for a MMO.
    gameplay of WoW is just way to good/better. But that's my oppinion.

20. Celeras

Celeras Banned

GPU:
    eVGA GTX780 ACX SC
    Was going to make a new thread for this, but since its the same game and this one is already at the top, might as well post here.

Anybody noticing EXTREME fps drops with shadows enabled to full?

Disabled: http://razorbites.com/celeras/Celeras_picture003.jpg
    Enabled full: http://razorbites.com/celeras/Celeras_picture004.jpg

FPS is in the top left corner. Everything is on high, AA off, and didn't change any setting except for shadows. 1900x1200. Using 163.71 drivers.

I can't imagine what can be causing such a massive drop off in performance. Sure it looks fine without shadows... but come on :( I want them on!