Info for getting FF12 PS3 gamefaqs save games working with PCSX2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by lmimmfn, May 20, 2008.

1. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    I anyone is interested in this( took me bloody ages to figure out this, so hopefully someone might be interested ). Should work with others too

This is the easy way, guaranteed( well from my own experience ) a 3 minute job once youve downloaded the 3 utilities below( which are easy to use )

Download MyMcConverter:
    http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca:11068/mymc/
    This util allows you to import saves onto PCSX2 memory card images

Download PSV Exporter:
    http://www.ps2savetools.com/download.php?op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=87
    This utility allows you to export PS3 .psv save files out to a directory and normal files

Download PS2 Save Builder:
    http://www.ps2savetools.com/download.php?op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=74
    This utility allows you to export the save file to several Action Replay device type files

==========================================================

Ok, heres the steps:
    1. Download a save file off gamefaq - http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/save/459841.html ( PS3 saves, i.e. .psv format and in my case i tested with FF12 european version )
    2. Unzip that download to a directory
    3. Use PSVExporter and "Open" one of the .psv files from step 2
    4. Extract all files to a specified location
    5. Use PS2 Save builder, drag and drop the 3( or more i dunno ) files extracted in step 4.
    6. IMPORTANT: Set the Root/ID to the directory in which the save games were located in Step 4, e.g. "BESLES-54354FF1222"
    7. Select "File\Save As" in PS2 Save builder, give it a filename e.g. "FF12newsave" and save as format X-Port 2(*.xps)
    8 Open "mymc-gui.exe" , select your PCSX2 memory card( in the memcards directory where you installed PCSX2 ), select mcd001.ps2
    8 Click import and select file from step 7. You should see the save icon on the right
    9. Load up F12 or whatever, select the memory card and load and away you go

===========================================================

Had to post this here,seriously its so simple and i spent hours and hours trying to get it working, even eventually trying to download the use .iso image of FF12 to get back to where i was before my PS2 died

I had an issue in that i needed to reformat my memory card. To do this set the CDvdrom plugin to CDVDnull Driver in PCSX2 menu "Config/Configure". This will mean no disk will be in the emulator when you execute. Thus you can select the mem cards and format them. Next time you run PCSX2, set it back to Linuzappz Iso..... or whatever

If anyone is actually interested in this i can post some pix for the steps, theyre handy enough but just to make it simple( cos i couldnt find anything convenient )
    enjoy

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  2. Grahf

Grahf Guest

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    What does any of this have to do with the PS3?

3. Nemes1s

Nemes1s Master Guru

GPU:
    2x560Ti SLI ASUS + EVGA
    My thoughts exactly... :3eyes:

4. CharlieSimon

CharlieSimon Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 970
    Typo? I suppose he means PS2 ?

5. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    The gamefaq saves are for PS3, i.e. .psv format :)

6. Joshua

Joshua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX260 Core 216
    Looks like he's posting a guide to play FFXII in the PCSX2 emulator, with his save games.

7. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    no, its getting FF12 games played on a PS3( with backwards compatible ) to work with the PC PS2 emulator PCSX2. The save game files are up on gamefaq and are region specific, with say 50 files for a game like FF12. However you cannot load these in PCSX2 without converting them and saving them into a virtual memory card.

The guide is handy for anyone like me who's PS2 died and they want to continue FF12 from where they left off on their PS2 save game. Its also handy if you got to a certain point in the game and couldnt get past it want to continue from there with PCSX2 and with better levelled characters

The process should work for any save game, im only posting it here because its nigh on impossible to find a simple way from googling it.

8. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    Is FFXII any good? I played FFIX and it bored the pants off me, but Crisis Core was ace.

9. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    its great, not as good as 10 story wise, but havnt played 9 or Crisis Core could cant comment on those

10. Grahf

Grahf Guest

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    :puke2:

10 was complete and utter puke-worthy garbage, story-wise, so I guess that means 12 is crap.

11. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    I rate 12 over 10 but 12 is more like 11 just a SP version of the MMO

12. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    are you being specifically agro or negative in general? just wondering cos at this particular moment in time and my not so great day im not really in the mood,but your posts seem so

Its personal choice, NO, i didnt find 10 puke-worthy garbage, story-wise, i love the FF games, i really enjoyed 10, 12 is more gameplay oriented

No reason to think 12 is crap, play it and decide

13. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    Just tell him STALKER is crap and pukeworthy...that'll get him going :)

14. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    heh heh, i remember that :banana:

15. syfer1987

syfer1987 New Member

GPU:
    4GB
    Hi want to now i have this PCSX2 0.9.4 i want to load action replay i have created a iso but it does not work with PCSX2 0.9.4. can any one tell me how do i load action replay on PCSX2?

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i perosnally loved ffx way way more than ffxii (cept fran is like the hottest pixel girl ever :p) but many people found X to be too emo but X just felt way more epic and i felt way more attached to the characters in X then XII.

to each their own tho.

17. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Action replay CD's will not work with PCSX2.

18. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    have you tried converting the downloaded files( not iso ) with PSVExporter? or do you mean the actual action replay software? in which case i wouldnt have a clue and DrSin is probably right