Best current RTS(Real Time Strategy) games?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Zareph, May 15, 2008.

1. MountainLynx

MountainLynx Guest

GPU:
    RX 570 8GB
    That kind of scotch not only excuses mistakes, it absolves sins!

2. CharlieSimon

CharlieSimon Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 970
    Haha, awesome!

3. KEZZA

KEZZA Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX 670
    Come on people

Coh... relic awesome
    dow relic awesome

Homeworld relic .best and original rts ive ever played

whoever said no empire earth 3 is it that bad??

empire earth was good(ist one)

4. MountainLynx

MountainLynx Guest

GPU:
    RX 570 8GB
    +1 here

5. compuguy1088

compuguy1088 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX AMD Radeon 5850
    The first and second empire earth's were rated well....the third one is crap.

6. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    I'm not saying it sucks for you. It sucks for me. I want something that also looks good.

Also, CharlieSimon. The only one of those games you listed that I liked was Command & Conquer. And if you re-read his posts, he's indeed telling everyone that it's the most amazing thing ever. Like I'm an idiot if I don't think so too.

You're all free to have opinions. That I have my own opinion of an old 2D game, does not mean you should call me 'narrow minded'. I also hate WW2 games, so that's 2 reasons why I won't play it.

I mean, come on, it's an era (almost) everyone wants to forget about.
    Let's take an example: CoD 4 is a major success - mainly because it's in the modern day. :)

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oi, calm it please... You don't have to agree with him but no need for name calling...

8. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    You can easily say the same to him.

9. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    Anyone ever play 7th Legion?
    [​IMG]

I won it about 10+ years ago in middle school and thought the game was okay back then. I think I lost my copy I can't seem to find it anywhere though...

10. Nemes1s

Nemes1s Master Guru

GPU:
    2x560Ti SLI ASUS + EVGA
    I bought Paraworld, and really love it. I mean, an RTS with dinosuars bred and ridden by humans? Awesome. Very cool game. Pity there is a unit limit, but still, the game is fantastic.

Pity the developers went bankrupt because of poor sales and piracy. SIGH. :( And its such a great title that i was hoping an expansion would come. But if you can find it, give it a whirl.

11. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Another vote for WiC here - loved it!!! Even though I've been a hardcore CnC gamer for years (since the original) I still loved the simplicity and gameplay of WiC.

But back on topic, I've a couple more to throw into the mix.

How come noone has mention the Total War series??? (Rome etc)

Also, I've been playing through War Front: Turning Point, and its quite fun. Not up to the level of seriousness of the likes of SupCom or CnC or even AoE (noone has mentioned that either, have they??) but it is sort of fun, and incorporates all the usual RTS elements.

I still play AoE II every now and then, excellent game IMO.

WiC Fuel Air Bomb
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    best ive played are C&C and Age of Empires... btw didnt u get a Red Alert 3 beta key with the kane's wrath expansion? can someone confirm it?

13. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Yup you do,you have to register it though plus considering the game is out in October (as said on the gameplay trailer) looks like we might get a chance to play it sooner than we think.

14. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    to tell ya the truth I just been playing CnC Tiberian Sun Firestorm as of late new CnC 3 is mehish

but If I had to recommend a new RTS it would be Company of Heroes i guess

15. Mucko

Mucko Member

GPU:
    GF9600gt
    Yes kicking a dead horse....
    RTS Im suprized Medieval total war wasnt mentioned. Great strategy and great graphical battles. Loved the whole series.

My all time favorite RTS is Total annihilation. If you have a real good system Supreme Commander is right up there. Online battles are intense. Its the ultimate in scale and tactics.

If your into capturing and holding points to gain reinforcement power. CoH and the Dawn of War series are good for that. Fun for a while but lose their charm for me. To much set implacement like a board game with moving pieces.

I loved warcraft 2 and starcraft when they were new years ago. But they fall under the board game catagory also.

I have all the Command and Conquer series thinking the next one will be better than the previous with all the hype. Nope never liked any of them.

Homeworld and Cataclysm were fun. Homeworld 2 wasnt as epic.

Cossacks was alot of fun massing troops but kinda slow.

For the old folks like myself Dark Reign the future of war was a great game. Not part 2.

So for me if I was going for a RTS today it would be Supcom. If you want a real war battlefield. Unlimited resources if you can build them. You have radar/jamming. scout planes fighters, bombers, gun ships, torpedo bombers. Artillery, short and long range. All kinds of defenses aa flak point defense and every other ground unit you can think of. Shields, dragons teeth, sonar and torpedo defenses. ect ect.

If you play online you find everyone doing something different. No game is ever the same. Its a game I enjoy losing to see what I did wrong. Plus you can study your enemies tactics with the uploading of all their demos on gas powered games.

All this talk of supcom I think ill go play cya.

16. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Mucko - I did mention the Total War series in my post above!!

But agreeing with you, I think I'll go and get SupCom today, all this talk of it, it must be good!

17. Feninski

Feninski Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4870
    ok ok..i just installed this game last week..im at the Cherbourg mission..and i have to say that Company of Heroes is the best RTS i erev played! Personally I think its one of the most best games i ever played..graphics are incredible detailles and full of details..the sound is simply breath taking ( if you got 5.1 you will see ). Plus, the implementation of phisic engine is perfect. But beside graphics and sound and so on, CoH its incredibly immersive. The Carentan counter attack mission is so intense and pretty desesperate. You can apply real war tactics using you 57mm anti tank guns, or your tanks; you can apply the flanking tactics. You will see that its not always the number that will give you teh victory. Less units but good tactics will bring you to the victory. You will need to capture ennemy territory and find a way to defend the battlefield you won...so many positives things about this game..man..just play it and you will see!

18. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    World in Conflict and Company of Heroes.

WiC for "modern" warfare, CoH for that war I never grow tired of. I also loved Opposing Fronts, much because of my large interest in German armour, and of course because it's just as good as the original.

19. Feninski

Feninski Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4870
    man i really hope for an Africa CoH compaign.. it would be so great!

20. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    i want a coh russian front!