ATT beta with HD 3xxx (and may be 2xxx) support

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 Laykun -Autooverclocking works for non profiles applications and games. For game profiles you can set manual overclocking or select Autooverclocking. What did you select for that game?

2 luxy68 - You can manually edit french.ini and send it to me. I will include it in next update of ATT

2. krakjen

krakjen Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290 Tri-X
    "Désactiver" n'a pas le même sens que "kill" ici.
    Je pense qu'une traduction plus fidèle serait:
    cbKillAH=Terminer ATI HotKey Poller (décocher pour le laisser)

3. luxy68

luxy68 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5770 1Go
    ok, va pour terminer ;)
    un frenchy dans la salle

> ok Ray, I will send you the file ... next time

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  4. dylan_dog

dylan_dog Active Member

GPU:
    Ati Sapphire HD4@720/1100
    What about my question,:) Ray?

5. krakjen

krakjen Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290 Tri-X
    En fait j'avais d'abord pensé à "terminer le processus" mais c'etait trop long.
    Terminer ça suffit et c'est assez compréhensible...
    Et ouais y a des frenchies partout ;p

6. eliranos

eliranos New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 3870 512Mb GDDR4
    OK ill will use merged 3d but how do i do that plz?(like tools>....>...)

7. krakjen

krakjen Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290 Tri-X
    Tweaks > Advanced Tweaks > CCC Mode Switch > "Enable Merged 3D Mode"

8. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Well that was the problem Ray, I hadn't specified anything at all. If the user is using your program to automatcially detect 2d/3d and clock the card accordingly, then the game profiles, by default, should be set to use auto-overclocking, as it gave me a big headache trying to figure out why overclocking wasn't working in some games and not others. I believe the default option you have the "do nothing" is a bit too specific, and overrides any auto-overclocking option I have set in ATT.

It's a real pain in the arse to find that out and have to change a very large number of profiles to use auto-overclocking.

9. SkymoD

SkymoD Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870X2
    Kill = "arrêter le processus" > better use: fermer ATI HotKey Poller (décocher pour le laisser actif)
    Another frenchie on the board :)

I'm new here, and would thank Ray for the excellent job. I'm using ATT since years now :)

I encounter random freezes while using my Sapphire HD3870 512 (the "red" one) with ATT > getting a grey screen randomly, needing a reset. Happens only on current usage, not gaming. Doesn't happen without ATT.

opt_auto_fan_fix=1 in .ini, no other change. Any idea?

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  10. talon_262

talon_262 Member

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 3870 512MB
    Read this thread and your question shall be answered. ;)

11. JTBomb

JTBomb New Member

GPU:
    GeCube ATI HD 3450 512Mb
    hi, is there a version that works with my GeCube HD 3450 512mb. the ati tray tools in the download section just crashes (BSOD).

12. krakjen

krakjen Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290 Tri-X
    Close = "Fermer"
    Kill = "Terminer"

Close != Kill

13. SkymoD

SkymoD Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870X2

Je suis bien d'accord, mais le néophyte a du mal avec "terminer", dans la mesure où il n'a pas l'impression d'avoir commencé quoi que ce soit :D

Fermer ou arrêter, ça lui parle mieux.

Je dis ça, je fais des révisions de traductions allemand/français ou anglais/français de manuels de programmes informatiques, un vrai casse-tête...

Je me suis permis cette remarque car j'ai beaucoup de feedbacks sur la traduction de ce terme particulier. Je ne précise pas ce que certains traducteurs non francophones fournissent comme traduction...

Quand j'aurai une minute je regarderai de près ce french.ini, is je peux contribuer à une meilleure traduction collective, ce sera avec plaisir :)

But.. back to topic :D

14. nfkru

nfkru Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 1GB GDDR5
    Yes, it work fine !
    You have to search a program called "atsiv" (it loads a not certified driver) and at the command prompt (with atsiv) you have to load manually ATT atitray64.sys. Personally i made a file batch who starts at windows boot.
    Now i don't care about ATT+Vista certified driver.
    That's all.

PS
    I can't undrstand why ATI doesn't support ATT with a certified signature driver.

15. Tommy_H

Tommy_H Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV N460OC-1GI
    Progress! :)

So I reformatted and reinstalled the whole thing, and I got the vanilla game loading and running stable now with the ATT beta 1.4.1178 and I am using the ATI drivers dated Feb 28, 2008 version is 8.471.0.0 (as per Windows Hardware Manager "driver details"). I presume these must be either Catalyst "8.2" or "8.3" then. I only installed the drivers, not the CCC.

My actual using and testing of ATT however is very limited at this time. All I did is set AA to 8x and AF to 16x and one or two more 3D settings. I checked the graphs for GPU temp and it worked fine. I did not attempt any overclocking or otherwise "advanced" tweaks yet.

Some of my 3D stability issues must have related to some game mod. I'm now establishing which one it is. It could also be that in my old installation there was no "MS Visual C++ 2005 Redistributeable" installed. At least I cannot remember having seen it in the installed software list. Now on the re-install I got it by installing the ATI drivers first from the CD that came with the videocard (which were dated Nov 16, 2007). I don't know if the C++ is needed but I leave it on for now. The same is with the .NET 2.0 that was installed from the CD. But .NET may be useful for other apps as well, I understand.

It may be worth noting that upon the XP reinstall I also "upgraded" and installed the new XP Service Pack 3 (I have 32bit XP). As I say, all seems to be running fine for now.

One small question I do have though: Is there any real difference (performance or memory footprint) whether I let ATT autostart via Registry or via Autostart folder? Is there a preferred way among you users?

Last edited: May 9, 2008

16. nfkru

nfkru Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 1GB GDDR5
    For my personal experience there's no different...once a time with my old 1950pro agp i used to start ATT via registry, now i must manually start ATT (vista 64 certified driver "problem")

17. Tommy_H

Tommy_H Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV N460OC-1GI
    Quelle est ta version des ATI drivers? (Non, je suis Suisse et mon français est assez pitoyable... :) )

Ray says newer than 8.3 are not good. I have an older driver now (dated 28.02.08) and it is working. I had crashes before, too. Some were game-related, but I believe it was a combination of game bugs and messed up drivers and installation. For me a complete erase and reinstall of XP and ATI drivers did the trick.

If you undo the change to the .ini file, the crashes go away?

18. SkymoD

SkymoD Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870X2
    I'm using Catalyst 8.4, but encounter the problem since first installation of HD3870 in december with Catalyst 7.12.

Installs after installs, it comes randomly... not a big problem, I think it's because I'm monitoring permanently with monitoring graphs.

Just wanted to know if other have this issue...

This "grey screen" occurs whether the .ini file is modified or not. It's not a BSOD.

19. ntesla

ntesla Member

GPU:
    HIS 2900gt @ 816/1116
    Hi Ray,

Many thanks for a fantastic app.
    I've recently bought a 2900gt and used your beta (1.47.1173) to overclock and control the fans speed.

However, ATT detected the 2D clocks at just over 500mhz for both core and memory. the problem I have is on the memory side of overclocking. The highest the slider can go to is below the official 3D clocks at 800mhz (runs around mid 700mhz).

I know the memory can go over 1000mhz and would be gratful for any help/advice.

Many thanks!

20. SkymoD

SkymoD Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870X2
    Try to use overclocking limits option (general options/advanced).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.