ATT beta with HD 3xxx (and may be 2xxx) support

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solancer

Solancer Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tech ATI HD 4870
    Glad to see ATT workin with the latest boards out! As im tweakin with some settings they succesfully take, but corrupt the usage of the atiumdag.dll

Not to sure what tweak settings actually mess with it, but now I get a black screen in CS:S; CatalystPrev.exe crashes and so does Windows Photo Gallery, so far anyway.

I'd like to know how I could help ya figure out what causes this. Where would I get these specific logs for you?

Here is the Catalyst Error:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: CCCPrev.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 46bb8875
    Fault Module Name: atiumdag.dll
    Fault Module Version: 7.14.10.567
    Fault Module Timestamp: 47edbffa
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 002295d0
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: e8d0
    Additional Information 2: 654cc5fa806036ef10226697ec0d6451
    Additional Information 3: 4a3a
    Additional Information 4: 03dac43e7633be62373f6d9305721a51

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Reinstall Driver.

3. Solancer

Solancer Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tech ATI HD 4870
    I have a few times. Im trying to figure out where it starts the problem so I redo what i do before :p I think its within the registry tweaks

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    If you uninstall driver all your settings will gone.
    But if you got it (crashes) after fresh install , thats mean you have some sort of software problems/conflicts.

5. wesley8

wesley8 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 5870 1G
    Me too. I hope ATT will also support the OC function for 3870X2.

6. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Hi Ray. I'm really loving ATT lately and it's become my main overclocking tool and game profiling tool. However, it seems auto-overclocking doesn't work with quake 3. I have tested with quake 4 and it works fine. There's also gears of war which doesn't work with auto-overclock, I assume that's the aforementioned Windows Live problem.

7. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Must work. No difference between Q4 and Q3. Both of them use OpenGL. I don't have Q3 to test it but I'm sure it will work. Can you see OSD in Q3?

8. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Yes, I get the OSD. It's just weird, it wont work in a whole bunch of games but it'll work in others. It wont work in Gears of War, San Andreas, Dawn of War, Quake III, but it'll work in Quake 4, FEAR and Doom3. I can see the OSD in all of them.

I'd like to mention that I run 3 displays. Two on my 2900Pro, and one on a 2400Pro. I run my main games monitor on the second port of my 2900Pro, and I have an auxilary display on the first port. I have swapped the monitors around and it doesn't affect anything.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  9. nfkru

nfkru Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 1GB GDDR5
    Yes, there're some games in which also i can't get OSD (Crysis, Gears Of War...)
    no matter at all i would prefer support as soon as to 3870x2...i don't understand why ATI has changed approch to gpu sensors instead supporting ATT (i hope that an ATI manager will read this: why don't you support ATT ??).

Bye all.

10. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Err, I was actually talking about Auto-overclocking, I see OSD in all games.

Also, raphook.dll is conflicting with MMLoadDrv.exe and causing it to crash on boot. Latest Cats 8.4 with 3dmark vantage hotfix.

11. eliranos

eliranos New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 3870 512Mb GDDR4
    hey, i have a little problem that happened right after i installed the vantage hotfix.
    my menu changed from the regular one with the open gl option and other simbols to this one

[​IMG]

how can i get the regular menu back?( i already tried reinstall att and driver dosent work)

i have win vista sp1 and radeon exectly the same as your

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  12. Tommy_H

Tommy_H Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV N460OC-1GI
    Ray and all, I would really like to use ATT with my HIS IceQ Radeon 3870. I installed the newest ATT Beta, but my PC always crashes when I load a savegame. Currently I have CCC 8.4 installed. Should I better try going back to CCC 8.3?

Some additional details: I have WinXP 32bit with SP3 installed. The game I'm currently addicted to is TES IV Oblivion. In-game I have HDR turned on and would like to force-set AA and AF with the ATT. I can do it in CCC and it is running fine, but when I install the 8.4 "drivers only" and do the controls with ATT my system gets f**** up pretty badly, always have to hard reset and rip off all ATI drivers (going back to 640 x 480 res), clean registry and reinstall.

Would an earlier version of CCC likely work better? Thanks for your counsel.

13. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 Laykun - If you see OSD autooverclocking works, and dont' tell me it doesn't :) Check your settings.
    No problems with OSD for Crysis and ANY OTHER games except of DX10 games. Also ATT has conflict with stupid Microsoft Game for live system so you have to close ATT while playing such games (Gears of War, HALO 2 and etc.)

2 eliranos - Nothing you can do with it. I highly recommend to use merged 3d style.

2 Tommy_H - Have no idea whats wrong. I don't use 8.4 because its very buggy on my system

14. krakjen

krakjen Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290 Tri-X
    Speaking of merged mode, is the hardware reset issue still occurring (VPU recover and such reseting at each reboot)?

15. Tommy_H

Tommy_H Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV N460OC-1GI
    Ray, which ATI driver version are you using then, please? I will get same then and see how it goes. Thanks a lot!

16. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Still using 8.3. I've tested 8.3 fix, 8.4, 8.4 fix - none of them as good as 8.3. I hope 8.5 will not be so bad as 8.4

17. Tommy_H

Tommy_H Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV N460OC-1GI
    Ok, I see. Thanks a lot Ray!

In fact I have more strange display issues that are not related to ATT. I don't know what it is.... before the ATI card I had a Nvidia 8800GT card in the PC and maybe there is still some drivers from them left despite me doing about 20 uninstalls and reinstalls and always running Driver Sweeper in between... my game Oblivion will still crash now. But I will take the radical approach now and will reformat the HD and make a fresh installation of XP from zero. I'm fairly confident that it will work then. I will report when I'm finished. Wish me luck... :hatty:

18. dylan_dog

dylan_dog Active Member

GPU:
    Ati Sapphire HD4@720/1100
    Guys, does ATT work well with Vista 64bit?:)

19. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    I have figured out my problem Ray!

There is a small problem that when I create a 3d settings profile for a game and then enable automatic overclocking, my overclocking settings don't get carried over.

Also when I create a new profile 3d settings profile after having enabled auto 2d/3d overclocking, my auto overclock settings still don't carry over.

It should be automatic that when the user clicks the "enable automatic 2d/3d overclocking" check box that it becomes the default action to take when running a 3d profile, for existing profiles or newly created ones unless specifed by the user. So if existing profiles have "take no action", then they should be changed to auto overclock, otherwise leave them unchanged.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  20. luxy68

luxy68 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5770 1Go
    Hi Ray:)

Thank you for your software ATT, I'm using it since 2 years.

I have a Sapphire HD3850 with 1.4.7.1178, and I have no problem :D
    overclocking, underclocking, voltage, fan control everything work fine.

I'm French and there are some translation that you can change in the FRENCH language :

cbResetOnSus=Réinitialiser les horloges à l'entrée du mode suspension de Windows
    cbResetOnSus=Réinitialiser les fréquences à l'entrée du mode veille de Windows

cbResetClocks=Réinitialiser les horloges à la sortie
    cbResetClocks=Réinitialiser les fréquences à la sortie

cbKillAH=Kill ATI HotKey Poller (désactiver pour laisser seul)
    cbKillAH=Désactiver ATI HotKey Poller (décocher pour le laisser)

cbDisOSDinOVR=Désactiver OSD pour les superpositions!
    cbDisOSDinOVR=Désactiver OSD pour les vidéos en overlay
    yes, we know what overlay is

rs_max_mem=Valeur maximum d'horloge MEM trouvée %dMhz
    rs_max_mem=Fréquence maximum MEM trouvée %dMhz

rs_max_gpu=Valeur maximum d'horloge GPU trouvée %dMhz
    rs_max_gpu=Fréquence maximum GPU trouvée %dMhz

[frmRefLock]
    btnCancel=Canceller
    btnCancel=Annuler

[hotkeys]
    ; -- HotKeys
    41=Définir les horloges BIOS par défaut