Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    I already filled in an RMA form for my retailer and i will send back the card tomorrow. I really think the hardware is faulty, since i didn't had any problems for the first few months. And my gf's X-Fi Fatal Pro works like a charm and this is my 3rd fresh Vista 64 install and the problem remains.

EDIT: Man! Installing the Audigy driver pack (Daniel_K's, but that gives an example of the original driver CD, which is basically the same) takes almost longer than installing Vista or SP1. :puke2:

Gotta love CL. :3eyes:

I'm using Daniel_K's driver cd now and man! The bass output of this card really sucks! I can't enable Bass Boost and even with the bass set to max and on my receiver @ max as well, it is still not enough. :bang:

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  2. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    sorry about your problem. RMAing is always a bitch. I wish you good luck.

3. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb
    Guys with prelude, just got hold of a patch for dolby digital on an X-FI. Now I noticed with DDL enabled, the creative audio service CTAudSvc.exe sucks around 5% cpu all the time.

Does this happen on your cards, on vista you will need to show processes from all users to see the service in the list.

Thanks!

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Not for me its 0-1 cpu for me going back and fore.

5. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb

Mmm, will let daniel_k know then :)

6. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    You can always Make that process Affinity to Say core 1, So it only uses 1 core. (shortterm fix i know but just till daniel makes a fix)

7. Tinuva

Tinuva Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce™ 8800 GTS Fat
    Uses around 1-5 on my pc with a prelude. My guess is cpu makes a huge difference as I am running more of a lower end core2due. Oh well I still take ddl over stereo over spdif since my sony amp doesnt have 5.1 analog inputs, only over spdif.

8. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb
    It is not a big issue, but seeing the guy above having the same cpu usage suggests it is just an optimization thing that may need drivers altering rather than a simple patch on creatives side :p

Interested for some more feedback, so please post your cpu usage for other people as well! thanks :)

9. Rathbone

Rathbone Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RTX2070
    Now that you mention it. It happened on my rig also shortly after I installed Audioburst. Had no problems with RC1 drivers.

10. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Are you also having channel swapping problems then? For me it became permanent, even when reinstalling Vista and not installing AudioBurst. :3eyes:

Ahhh.... it seems that Auzentech removed all the Prelude drivers from their site: http://www.auzentech.com/site/download/updates.php

Last edited: May 7, 2008

11. Tinuva

Tinuva Master Guru

GPU:
    My bet is, its because of the DDL patch daniel k released for the creative xfi cards, which ask people to download the auzen drivers to get it to work.

12. Jatt5

Jatt5 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte/GTX560/1GB
    Is there a third party site that has the RC5-1_Patch1.0 file so i can download. I dont want to wait until May 19, 2008.

Edit: Nevermind I have downloaded it.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Do your cards get warm, or hot? I just found this with my card and I'm not sure where it comes from.
    Some spots on the backside, close to the bracket, are really hot. Seems to be the caps are causing this. Not warm, really hot, like above 50°C. I never felt this before, somehow it frightens me.

14. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    So I have the Auzentech X-Fi Prelude and I'm wondering about optical input options and I have a question about Aux In input on the card.

1) How do you put the optical adapters in the coaxial ports? Do you just push real hard?

2) I have a Digital Cable Box with Optical Out, is it possible to use the Optical In on the Prelude and get DD 5.1 through the card? However there is no light coming through the Input SPDIF, only the output. In the SPIF tab all of them say unknown or invalid signal. What do I need to do in order to use this?

3) Do you still need to hook a cable from your CD drives to your sound card through the aux in on the top of the card? There used to be two inputs on my Audigy2 ZS, so I'm just wondering if this is even necessary anymore.

I'm on Vista Business x64

** Also why is the Prelude download section completely down? Does that mean the new DTS drivers are coming soon?

15. Tinuva

Tinuva Master Guru

GPU:
    at 1) dont push real hard, there are plastic caps on the optical adapters when you get the card. You better remove those caps first else you will probably break either the adapter or the use of the port on your card. Once they are removed they slide in pretty easily.

2) you should be, as long as the input signal is actually 5.1, since its an input the card expects a light and wont send one out.

3) You can, but you can also rather tell your cd playing app to read the data digitally from your cd/dvd drive and let the pc do the decoding which then output it was PCM data on the wave out channel on your card.

prelude section is down because daniek_k released a DDL patch for regular creative xfi cards which requires the download from auzentech website, seems they've put a stop to it for now from their side. Could be on request from creative or their own decision, no one really knows.

16. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    so they decided to put down all drivers updates. I think it's not fair for all Auzentech loyal customers. it means guys who recently purchased an Auzen product will have to stick with the stock drivers CD till may 19.

17. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Yea I also agree it isnt fair for those that actuall own the card. They have to suffer now. Because of those other people bum rushing the server.

18. eo54

eo54 New Member

Hi guys,

i'm using X-fi prelude with z-5500, when i'm watching DVD (via optical link), i can't get DTS.

Anyone know y?

I'm using the driver i download from Auzen website last week. 29/4/08.

Anyone know if there is any updated new drivers? Coz i see the drivers being removed.

19. Coolchris

Coolchris Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 512mb GForce 8800GT
    Look at few posts up mate, lol...and DTS is not available just yet for the Auzen driver, but they are working on it.

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Well, didn't they send out new drivers that were still in beta testing to people with certain problems?
    I guess if you open a support ticket and give them your serial number, you should get the driver package.