[PS3 vs 360] GTA IV

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Vorpal, Apr 26, 2008.

1. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    go to system options, display, and untick all boxes apart from 1080p. It will be forced to play in this mode then! should work.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    thanx will try now..and game is DAMN DARk..i read many posts about it too.. will try this:

EDIT:ABOUT THE DARKNESS: YES THIS IS PROVEN WORKS PEOPLE. set HDMI to LIMITED in options menu , not FULL..LIMITED AND GAME IS OK .:COOl!..and now will start to train ur HDMI 1080 stuff my friend ;)

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  3. CommandrX

CommandrX Guest

With my TV (Dell W4200HD) I only found the PS3 version to have the DARK issue. Had to crank up the brightness and contrast in the game.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Try this and report here pls..it worked on me...i cranked up LCD TVs brightness and contrast before this trick......try it......now TV and in game Birghtness etc all set to normal.

EDIT:2 And now game runs @ 1080!! W000t..thank you thank you..i like guru3d ;)

5. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    [​IMG]

all i can say is look at the picture and you can see why the PS3 is a little better.

6. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    You can quite clearly see that the bottom pic has been purposely "blurred", just look at the characters face/radar etc, it's all blurred out so much that all detail is lost.

7. Delkam

Delkam Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 280 OC farcry 2
    I never like the blur honestly (it's a cheat :s)

8. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    The two pics are also taken at different times of the day on the game. Look at the shadow of the building in the foreground and the garbage cans.
    No for the real comparison:
    They both are the same game. There is no real comparison because they both offer the same experience. The only reason people would compare the exact same game to itself was because life is really easy for some people and this gives them some sort of challange. Or some S#!t.
    It's like the Auquanox 2 benchmark where people would compare the image quality of Nvidia's vs Ati's offering of the time. Sure there was a difference but no one could tell without an additional program overlaying a screen shot taken from each, deleting everything but the difference in pixels. Absolutly pointless if it were a game but it was a benchmark, so people wanted to see if one was cheating or not. GTA4 is a game though so it doesn't matter at all unless you are a major sharholder in either company.
    IMHO that is.
    Cheers.

9. weston

weston Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275
    Personally, I like the depth of field on the PS3 since it does hide the jagged edges in the background better than the 360. The colors aren't that much different. Someone already pointed out that the time of day and weather make a big difference in the colors of the city. I've seen it on both, and I think the PS3 has an overall smoother look but you can tell that neither one is at 1080p. Seems like there's less slowdowns on the PS3 and smoother background so it's less distracting. on the 360 version, I was always thinking about how jagged the edges were on everything, but on the PS3 it was a little blurred so yeah, it's not as sharp, but it puts the focus on the foreground where it should be. They are both pretty similar overall though. The fact that there are 9 pages of discussion on which version has better graphics is sad though. Who really cares? it's the same game.

10. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    That all depends on if you played both versions on the same screen. I've got a 360 and I play on either a 22" HP w2207h which sits at the end of my bed, and a 24inch AOC 416V, both give different experiences as I sit at different distances from each, and they have different brightness and contrast settings. The HP looks nice and I never notice jaggies or inaccuracies with the depth of field. How ever up close 3ft away from my 24inch the quality drop is quite large as you can see alot more detail, and all the inaccuracies of the optimised shaders in use. I've also played it on a 37inch TV and all the colours were far too vibrant, which completely eliminated any sort of subtle environmental effects. I recommend playing on a computer monitor as opposed to a TV for colour accuracy reasons.

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Those screenshots are horrible..and touched up for the ugly side...

My game on PS3 looks a million times better than that garbage...

12. Wanny

Wanny Guest

ROFL yea wtf is that? My game on PS3 even look better than the 360 shot.

People say that the graphics are blurry?! Sorry but near objects, cars, caracters, environnements are all pretty sharp! Only the backgrounds are blurry at day time. Sometimes things are also blurry in the background because it's a freaking depth of field effect.

Seriously, PS3 version is sharp, 360 version is sharp. **** off.

13. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    To me it seems like there is a "sharpen" filter on 360, which could be a reason why there is so much dithering and noise!

14. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    You guys are all CRAZY

I prefer Xbox 360 because I can take a shotgun and shoot some granny in the head

Oh wait you can do that in PS3 too ? cool

What about rolling on the sidewalk with your garbage truck, can't do that **** on PS3 !
    Oh wait you can ?

I guess this is just a great game that isnt about graphics anyway :)

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop

My friend. Honestly, GOD BLESS YOU! :)

That PS3 screen is FAKE ..FCKING FAKE..i never see that kind of image on my TV....sharper more clear..iam sure XBOX360 has too....and wht the fck reason of this conflict between PS3 and Xbox360? U have the game? PLAY IT and have fun with the best game ever!..This is not only a GTA and also SIMS in my oppinion. since days i didnt do so much STORy missions...i go out with friends..does jobs for them etc..i like to drive around...i hope game story wont last easly.

16. Delkam

Delkam Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 280 OC farcry 2
    +1 :banana:

17. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070

I think the screenshots are a true representaion of what the game looks like on a lot of HDTV`s, I have both a 21" and a 32" Samsung HDTV and GTA 4 looks line crap on them both. when i tried it out on a SDTV the game looks sharper and less aliased.

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    The game runs at a rather low resolution I have to say, but it's not too noticeable on a pc monitor.

19. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    If you are sitting at an optimal distance from your HDTV, you will not see the jaggies as much, but if you get real close, it begins to look like the images above. I think its normal and doesn't bother me since i play GTA from a fair distance, and never see jaggies.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    it depends on TV and ur distance and height to it. And also the LIGHT in the room... i DONT think that there can be a certain level of comparison of graphics.