Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. bigb792001

bigb792001 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 285 GTX (SLI)
    The new driver fixed the problem with the volume of my mic not working however the mic still randomly stops working when using TeamSpeak. I had to go through the very same issues with my X-FI Fatality card when Vista first came out. You would think Creative would know how to fix these issues now since they have already dealt with them previously.

2. Coolchris

Coolchris Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 512mb GForce 8800GT
    Yer the archive is corrupt but installed and ran OK on mine. Did you follow the instructions and uninstall the previous driver and DDL pack and OpenAL. Restart and install new driver?
    Not saying you didn't, but you did not say if you did or not.
    Just a thought.

3. XeonX2

XeonX2 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti
    the new driver makes the card sounds better compared to the previous one.

4. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    what sound improvements have you noticed?

it did solve the DDL distortion problem. the only problem that remains happens with Assassin's creed. DDL keeps turning off after some playtime. dunno if this is a bug in the game or what, but it sure is annoying. I have to get out of the game and disable/enable DDL everytime it happens.

5. XeonX2

XeonX2 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti
    my mic is more louder now.....and dies off less often and theres lesser distortion when i play my songs.

6. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    I have to admit, it's impressive how quickly Auzentech releases new fixed drivers.

Compared to Creative.

How many is that since the Prelude was released... maybe 5 - 6 sets? I hope it continues. Unlike Creative releasing maybe 1 - 2 - 3 a year, with very little fixes and a time/date stamp change?

7. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    audigy cards haven't seen an update in more than a year.

8. orgnlprankster7

orgnlprankster7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8800GTS 512
    These are great, haven't had a DDL dropout yet.

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216

I was going to comment on that myself. They are right on top of reported issues and found bugs. I said awhile back Auzentech has amazing quality control from start to finish and this is one of their best assets. They didn't release the Prelude until they felt it was ready even though people were screaming for the release..no it is out and they respond very quickly to any reported issue with their hardware. Outstanding, compared to what we have seen and been used to in the past from other companies.

10. Rathbone

Rathbone Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RTX2070
    Since I installed these new drivers I have some weird channel mapping issues over analog. Sometimes the channels are all wrong. E.g. left Surround is mixed into left front channel, so I get two channels output from one speaker. Then right surround is mapped to right side speaker. Sometimes Bass Management is inactive and isn't selectable until I switch mode and back, reconfigure everything in vista sound settings and Auzen console. Then it works again but after a day or two it happens again.

11. orgnlprankster7

orgnlprankster7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8800GTS 512
    hmm auzuntech just pulled the driver from their site.

12. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Yeah, I have the driver downloaded, not so sure about installing it after reading some of the comments in this thread though, as I've had problems with this card before and its working well enough at the moment, don't want the problems to come back up (distortion/screeching)

Pretty confident its not the card though, it's something else in my machine, inclined to think motherboard/case. One or both.

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    If it's not broke don't fix it. This saying is so true when it comes to drivers. If Auzentech pulled the driver it must be to fix the few issues people are reporting with the Install.

14. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    I ignored the CRC errors and it installed fine. I even re-archived the setup with 7-zip to avoid future CRC warnings. it solved the DDL distortion and I haven't noticed anything fishy with the drivers yet. I can't say anything about analog channel mapping as I only use analog stereo and it's all well. for 5.1 sound I use optical out. they must've pulled them becuase of the CRC error in the archive. well, so I hope.

15. Zillator

Zillator Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD4870
    The drivers are back online. I presume they just fixed the CRC error...

16. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    I'm having that problem as well, but only when playing media already. Like the front and LFE and center channels are swapping with each other (moving the balance slider in WinAmp to the left gives me the center channel output from my left satellite and moving it to the right gives me the bass output from the woofer out of my right satellite.) When the card somehow screws up the mapping, i hear a faint pop. Yes, the analogue connectors are connected correctly and i've tried several speakers.

With CMSS-3D on. Turning off CMSS-3D, thus only having Stereo output, gives me Stereo output from my back speakers. :3eyes:

The only solution is stopping media playback, switch to another mode and back to Entertainment mode. I have this in all modes, but it mostly happens in Entertainment Mode.

It's not because of this driver, because it also developed (never had that in the beginning and even with a fresh Vista 64 SP1 install, the problem still persists) with the previous driver (RC1).

I'm afraid it's a hardware failure. Don't wanna RMA. :(

17. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Well, I replaced my satellites with a pair of £2 Sharp Speakers that are 13 Watts RMS, and I gotta say, the sound is a LOT better, makes me want to listen to music that I would never usually listen to, but that's also the card itself, great piece of kit.

Considering getting a pair of JBL speakers, then I should be satisfied with it :)

18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @keitosha: A strange sound comes before the problem begins? Could be the same problem I had. Try to find out if anyone turned something on or off in your appartment, a different power out for your speakers might help too (I know this sounds strange, but I always had this problem and it was the power out!).
    Also I'd recommend to set as many options and all the mode changes with the "slim" console Auzen provides. It doesn't look fancy, but it hasn't given me any troubles so far.

19. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    I'm living in an separate house. No apartment here. And i had a CL X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal Pro before and never had that problem. I also took out my Prelude, took out the OpAmps and put them back in, but no avail. Just during playback, randomly i get a pop and the channels are screwed up:

Center & LFE @ Front
    Front Stereo @ Back
    Back @ Front

It's like i've switched the cables, which isn't. Changing mode and back resolves it. Although i haven't tried the new driver set, which was updated/fixed again @ april 29st.

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Just an idea. I had a problem like that in a separate house too, but it only happened when I turned the lights on or off ;)