ASUS P5N-D (750i). Has anyone seen a review for this?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by SS89Goku, Jan 30, 2008.

1. SS89Goku

SS89Goku Member Guru

GPU:
    8800 GTS 512 (G92)
    I came across the ASUS P5N-D at newegg today and was interested in having in my next build possibly. I'm unsure of what its overclocking abilities are is the problem. I like the fact it has PCI-E 2.0 and SLI support. I going to get the ASUS P5K-E but now that this has come along I'm tied up on what I want to get.

What do you all think?

2. AKRO

AKRO New Member

well I ordered mines n gettin it by next week, hit u up on how it goes wit this new MB.

Pretty much like the features and its decent but until then ima check it:banana:

3. Braz

Braz Member

just ordered it also, 160 on newegg. getting crucial ballstix ram 2gb, and an e8400 (quad is pointless for me!) only gunna game. ill get a quad when it is actually utulized. e8400 is faster! also PM me when u get it. let me know how it goes, i should have mine in 3 days if tthey ship it today cuz its president's day

4. Camillo7

Camillo7 New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS EXTREME 640mb
    yeah i want one too let me know how well it oc etc. THANX

5. bLinkZor

bLinkZor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW SLI
    I have a question, it's x16 when in SLI mode right?? or it's x8??

6. nOv1c3

nOv1c3 Guest

GPU:
    2X VisionTek HD 4850
    I would hold off from these chipsets
    Just google it , Tonz of major issues with drivers or mayeb its even the hardware

7. ZeW0 ToleraNce

ZeW0 ToleraNce Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R5770
    i saw some reviews off some sites (not sure abt reliability, but there were quite a few) that showed that it performed well under normal circumstances, but if u oc it, it tends to fall behind the same boards from other brands. also lik nOv1c3 said, some driver/hardware related issues still (maybe) unresolved. thats y i decided to get a striker II extreme instead, though i cant clock a q6600 G0 up to 3.6 on H20 :(. maybe cuz ambient temps are 28-30 XD

8. nOv1c3

nOv1c3 Guest

GPU:
    2X VisionTek HD 4850

I think its just 8x I believe the 790 is a true x16 x16 board

But dont hold me on that :p I could be wrong :D

9. frisell

frisell Guest

GPU:
    BFG 280GTX OC 1G
    i just replaced my Asus P5N-D with the EVGA 750i FTW cause the Asus was randomly freezing and had the semi-famous video corruption and guess what, the EVGA does it as well, though not as often. I swapped video cards, ram, drivers, bioses, fresh os installs....
    I opted for the rma shipping insurance this time when i ordered the EVGA.
    I'm done with nvidia, anybody recommend a good intel based board?

10. CPTcaveman

CPTcaveman Member

GPU:
    MSI 9600 GT OC SLI rig
    Yes its 2.0 and 16x in SLI mode, however i would not but this board it has taken me 3 months and finally i have a gr8 catch the EVGA 750 mobo, even tho it's a new release and all and no news on problems i would choose this one if you can not afford a 780 or 790 mobo, like meeeeee

11. frisell

frisell Guest

GPU:
    BFG 280GTX OC 1G
    Wow, CPTcaveman. You gave up on the Asus P5N-D? You were/are a staple of the P5N-D forum. Does the front panel HHD light work on your case with the 750i FTW?

12. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    I got an ASUS P5N-D 750i some days ago. And I can say it was nervous hours until it finally POST'd hehe.

Read so much crap about the board, both the Asus and Evga forums are cluttred with unhappy people.

Personally I havn't had the slighest problem so far. The North Bridge do get hotter then my old board ( Gigabyte P35 DQ6 ) but I put the active NB fan on and now idles at 37 degrees, hot summer day. ( Using Asus PC PROBE II )

I got SLI working on the board after a while, was abit stressing since it didn't POST at all the first 2 hours, then I realized my GTX wasn't all the way in the PCI-E ports, hehe.

I'm about to start OCing with the board. I have stayed away from the box driver CD, actually threw it away since I heard it is the devil. Dled newest nforce from Nvidia, and my bios is factory 0302 ( on top of my head ).

Ah well, see how it OC's, it is advertised as hell of a clocker board, but obviously the early batches and revisions have had alot of bad chipsets/dead on arrival.

/edit,

Might wanna add I have a 100% functionality so far.

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  13. Konceptz

Konceptz Member

GPU:
    2 x EVGA 8800GT SSC in SLI
    Overclocked a E8500 on one of these boards here at work. Seems flawless and stable.

14. apintojr

apintojr Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    i know the evga 750 is 16x on both lanes giving you true 32X in SLI

15. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    QFT.

N200 chips makes it full 32 lanes.

16. RIP_Greave

RIP_Greave Guest

GPU:
    7970m
    Im also intrested in that mobo!So what you Gurus are saying is that is should forget about the Asus 750i and rather go for the P35 chipset(same pryse in my country)?

17. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Well what do you need from your board, thats the real question?

Personally I needed an OCable board with SLI @ x16 on both lanes and pci-e 2.0 slots.

Atm as I see it ddr3 is a waste of money still, perhaps on next upgrade when Nahalem is released.

I also wanted a cheap board with an easy BIOS, and for me Asus 750i has all that. I can nothing but recommend it. Then again I have heard other people having huge problems with it, though I havn't experienced any, so I guess it has to due with abit of luck.

18. RIP_Greave

RIP_Greave Guest

GPU:
    7970m
    Well i want to run 2X9600GT or 2X8800GT and the real reson is i want to run the q9300

19. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Well for sli u need a nvidia chipset mb. And since both the 9600 and 8800 GT have pci-e 2.0 support I think it would be nice if the mobo supported that.

750i from asus and evga have all of this.

Then the question is about the price. Evga costs more in europe then US while the Asus costs the same in both regions.

If you live in the states I would go with the evga model, if in europe the asus since it is ALOT cheaper then the evga.

20. RIP_Greave

RIP_Greave Guest

GPU:
    7970m
    I think i will go for the Asus but, were just a bit sceptic, seeing all the bad forum reviews.

Did you sofar had any problems concerning the mobo?