[PS3 vs 360] GTA IV

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Vorpal, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Vorpal

Vorpal Guest

GPU:
    680GTX
    I have (PS3 + Wii + 360).

For a long time now, I've had a standard 360 version reserved & fully paid for at Gamestop. They're actually staying open past midnight to sell it. Too bad I have and adult job and get up at 5:00am. I'm thinking about burning VAC days on Thursday and Friday.

After reading and watching a lot about GTA IV over the last couple of days, I'm going into Gamestop to change my pre-order:

1) Changing my order from 360 to PS3
    OK I have a lot of RW friends that only have a 360 and I was looking forward to playing GTA IV multiplayer with them - but FU** them. :flip2: Better AA and HD caching on the PS3 is all I needed to hear. HD caching means much less texture popping and faster load times.

2) Upgrading from Standard to Collectors Edition
    This game deserves a collectors edition purchace out of respect (period)

2. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I knew from day 1 of my PS3 purchase that it was the best choice to do.

Seriously, I'm on my peak gaming right now. I never been so much satisfied in my entire gaming life.

HDTV + surround set + PS3 + rumble DS3 + Logitech Headset + GTA 4 = heavenly experience

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2008
  3. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    This is probably the most uninformative thread I have read in a long time.
    Wierd.

4. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    hmmm well....im waiting till comes to pc then the modding can begin

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well that was a wasted 5 seconds of loading......Pointless topic of the week.

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I agree a very pointless topic.

Though I do have one thing to say... arent you forgetting that the 360 version has more exclusive rights to the game and therefore 360 oweners will have add-ons, more game modes, and more special features. It was only a few months ago that rockstar decided against launching the game exclusivly on 360 then six months later on PS3. So while you maybe able to play the game slightly faster, 360 owners will rejoice in a much more jam packed gaming experience.

7. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    The add ones are coming and no-one has a clue what they are, could be 1 new weapon for all we know, i aint fussed either way because i ordered the PS3 version because i was more likely to get a copy that way, im glad it looks and runs better on the console i chose but would still be happy to get the game on 360 if the add-ons turn out to be good,PS3 is getting its own content aswell.

8. Vorpal

Vorpal Guest

GPU:
    680GTX
    Deciding which version of the game to buy is pointless? I'd have to guess everyone that made that comment only has a 360. 360-Only owners are the most jack-ass fanboy base in the history of video gaming.

More content on the 360? Yeah - add on packs come out very slowly for all games on either system. And, who's to say what will happen. Rockstart *wants* to turn down money from the PS3 side? Not likely.

If there does end up being more content on the 360 - I could care less. By the time it matters I'll have probably moved on to the PC version.

I'll be enjoying much less jaggies and faster loading times on my PS3 next week - thank you very much.

9. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    A bit defensive aren't you?.

I just think if you have both consoles then the choice is quite easy, buy the cheapest one.
    -
    Also, people who call people fanboys are usually the fanboys :D.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  10. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    If I had a PS3, I'd probably but it on PS3, but I'm not buying one until the DS3 comes with the PS3 in the UK, so I'm getting it on 360.

11. Delkam

Delkam Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 280 OC farcry 2
    That's a war. Who has the best graphic! 360 or Ps3... No way i prefer the contain then the surface. they develop Gta4 on 360 = no lag and the game was great... Stop try saying the ghraphic was the one most important thing in the world... mario 3 was the best game ever and it don't had pixel shading or motion blur....

Omg freaky noob gamer

12. madmax987

madmax987 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI HD4870 512mb
    I think i'll be getting the PS3, simply because a 360 GTA IV bundle costs £199 and the PS3 bundle costs £299 but when you add on a year of xbox live and a wireless adaptor that'll take the 360 to the price of the PS3.

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Am i the only one who loves the irony of all this.

14. ViolentOpposition

ViolentOpposition Master Guru

GPU:
    PALIT GTX 570
    Sounds like something a fanboy would say. Oooh.

15. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    I was enjoying it quite abit myself.

16. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    I hope people that ONLY have a 360 are not debating what platform to buy the game for...

p.s. who cares? I can't believe people put time and energy into deciding these kinds of things. play the game, have fun, the end. Life is too short to worry about pointless bull****.

p.s.s. I cannot believe I wasted 2 minutes of my time replying to this thread.

17. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    They scored it 10/10 on IGN. they said the game wasnt 100% perfect, but it was awesome and pushed so many boundaries (last 10 they gave was for Soul Caliber on DC-which I agree with).

18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Kind of creeps up on you doesn't it...before you know it you have posted a reply and your loading your shot gun....:grin:

19. Dupoint

Dupoint Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 X2 2GB
    "Addon packs" lmao :stewpid:

There will be two exclusive episodes for GTA 4 on the X360, and each will feature content at least 10 hours in gameplay time. Total = 20hrs of new content for a AAA title.

Enjoy your PS3 version... :D

PS: Btw, I don't even own a 360... :p

20. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Tsss I'll be playing online anyway because we will be all done with the Story mode and we will have fun online.

Bring on the contents if you want..