Age of conan Beta!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Unstable_Hero, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Jake

Jake Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX 768Mb
    I think you are wrong on this...

http://kotaku.com/381003/fileplanet-presents-the-age-of-conan-open-beta

I thought this was the fileplanet one thats currently being given out. The one which has been stated is limited to level 13.

No idea what you are on about with the alpha either, I'm in the AoC general beta (or I was before I gave it away) and was able to go to 80 in that. But according to posts on the AoC beta forums, and elsewhere the "open beta" from fileplanet is limited to level 13. Of course if you have a link saying differently, that you can level to 80 then I would be happy to see it

Just to confirm my belief that its limited to level 13...here is the official post stating clearly that its limited to level 13

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=69328

It does say on the fileplanet contest, "US residents only" , so I suppose it could be that US will be able to go above 13, and euro wont...but that wouldnt make much sense to me

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    evilkiller: why would they delete your character after the beta? Most companies keep your characters depending on certain circumstances (take Ragnarok Online for instance. had two closed beta periods.... participiation in both costing i think like $10 or something. if you participated in the first, but not the second, your characters would be deleted after the beta's. if you participated in both, your account would remain intact). You will more than likely keep your character from the beta should you pre-order the game.... or maybe even if you don't pre-order or even purchase the game for a while after it's release.

3. Jake

Jake Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX 768Mb
    Actually thats highly unlikely..very very very few major MMOs have ever let you keep your beta character. You get to keep headstart characters though, but not beta characters. UO, WoW, SWG, EQ, EQ2, AC1, AC2, EvE Online, Shadowbane, Vanguard, Horizons, CoH all didnt allow you to keep your beta characters.

4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    well..... you never know. i don't see why they wouldn't let you keep it.... ESPECIALLY if you got to level 80.

5. Jake

Jake Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX 768Mb
    Its precisely that reason why they wont let you keep it...would be a touch annoying on day one of release if a new player at level 1 spent the whole of his day getting killed by level 80s

6. Wicken

Wicken Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti
    I got to play this game for the PVP weekend beta last week. I have to say this game is AMAZING. I never thought I'd see the day where actual skill can make or break a battle. The graphics are Oblivion quality, the quests are FFXI quality. Needless to say I can't wait until it gets released.

I wont be in the open beta as I dont have a fileplanet account though. To all those who do get into this, grats.. I know you'll have a blast.

7. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    A batch of keys is being handed out as I type this, expect it to only last a couple mins

8. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Damn! Looked like 10 minutes ago and it had 'Coming Soon' now I look and 'Distributed'. BS, ok.

9. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    The last batch has to be released sometime in the next 1hr and 45 min, right?

10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    rofl 24h of downloading :( are there servers so badly overpopulated :(

11. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Fileplanet servers always suck..... and you need to download 12GB :bang:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  12. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    If anyone has a spare key I wouldnt refuse it. :)

13. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Surely the last batch for today should be out any second now?

14. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    I hope so...

...and dont call me Shirley

15. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    4 minutes till the 25th! Where is the last batch for the 24th!!!

16. Raptess

Raptess Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX780
    I was accepted into the 'Tech Beta' about 3-4 weeks ago, but have not had a single second of gameplay.

Stupid 'tech beta' were run at rediculous times for me, 3am Monday mornings and only went for 3 hours.

But anyway, enough sooking :p

**Beta Download - The download is 13GB and requires 30GB of disk space to install.

I did all this and patched it up twice to keep it up-to-date.
    1st patch was about 5gig.
    2nd patch was 9gig.

So yeah I've download around 30gig for this thing, got capped on my ADSL for 2 weeks and still havent even got past the 'Login' screen .. lol

Oh well .. I'm still hopefull to get one of these beta keys FP are handing out.

If anyone gets one and isnt going to use it, I would appreciate if you concider letting me use it .. :)

17. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    It is a 30GB installation? What the **** does it contain!? The game must be EXTEREMLY detailed and have massive world to play in.

18. Raptess

Raptess Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX780
    Yeah my current AoC directory sits at 28gig.

Its got some backup files in there though, but I'm not going to delete them in case they are needed.
    I do not want to have to download this thing all over again.

19. hotshot100

hotshot100 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    im at 30% downloading , start at 500k/s but every new batch the speed drop Im at 150k/s now .

20. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Batch 3 is still not out!

I've downloaded Comrade. Do I just download, install, log in and wait for the message when keys are out!? The TeamFilePlanet is on my Ambassador list.