Creative Gigaworks T20 too much BASS

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Biges, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Biges

Biges Member

GPU:
    8800GT
    Hi!
    I'v recently received Creative Gigaworks T20. I don't like the bass effect, so I ordered on purpouse 2+0 system. But even when I reduce BASS to the minimum, I think it is too "BASSy". So far I was using some crappy speakers. So is it normal, that all better speakers has more noticable bass, or just T20? I can still return it, but I'm soooo lazyyyy.
    Thanks

2. Biges

Biges Member

GPU:
    8800GT
    I have another question - there is a very, very quiet hum from the speakers when they are on (even when they are disconncted from the sound card). The hum is hearable only listen very closely to the speakers, normally it is not hearable. Is it normal? I fear it may get worse. Should I RMA them?

3. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Have a play with the EQ settings. Mine seem to have a peak in the response around 200Hz, but I'm wonderring if this is a placement/room effect rather than a property of the speakers themselves.

Mine don't seem too bassy, I usually have the bass turned down about 1/4 of a turn from the middle.

The hum is to do with the decoupling in the decoupling of the amp, it's nothing to worry about. A lot of amplifiers do this if you get your ear close enough to the speakers.

4. NAJMI ADNAN

NAJMI ADNAN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X TriX 4GB
    My old Klipsch Promedia GMX also makes a hum, which I believe the speaker itself ground to the PC via the minijack cable.

Weird, from what I read (reviews online), the speaker have little bass. Like Tom F said, placement also play important role, try to move it around. If not, then cover the hole on top of the speaker

5. Biges

Biges Member

GPU:
    8800GT
    Thanks. So I'll leave them be :) As for the bass, it can be regulated and what I'v heard, other speakers in this prace range are more bassy.

6. Biges

Biges Member

GPU:
    8800GT
    Well, everyone has his/her preferences. Maybe my ears are not used to "proper" sound after having crappy speakers :)

7. Luvabud

Luvabud Guest

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    Whats does the mid and treble sound like and does the bass sound too solid or is it a nice smooth bass sound? I need a new setup and I've always been interested on how they sound, I want too rattle my place to pieces, just don't want to spend an arm and a leg getting it. I just want an idea on how the gigaworks systems sound.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  8. Biges

Biges Member

GPU:
    8800GT
    I can hardly compare, I have nothing to. I'd recommend you to buy them, test them and maybe return them in good condition :)
    What I maybe dislike about T20 a bit, that they sound better when more loud. But I don't want too much loudness. But what else could I get? (Headphones :) )

9. NAJMI ADNAN

NAJMI ADNAN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I wonder what kind of music you listen to?

10. Biges

Biges Member

GPU:
    8800GT
    Mostly classical. But I also play games. Why? :)

11. NAJMI ADNAN

NAJMI ADNAN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I thought your music preferences might contribute to heavy bass, but I don't think classical music having that in the first place

Have you fixed the too much bass problem?

12. Biges

Biges Member

GPU:
    8800GT
    Well, it can be delat with using bass knob and sound controls, no more problem :)