[PS3] Resistance 2

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Repo Man, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    you mean more bs than ms can :p

2. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    Whats the need for this? This thread is just turning into xbox 360 fanboys bashing PS3 (as usual). This is about RESISTANCE 2

Back on topic, I found an interesting fact list on ps3forums.com

And also... New teaser trailer...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32764.html

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    :grin::grin:

I don't see any bashing here, what i do see is a discussion......but your right, back to topic.....

So will RFOM2 run at 720p or 1080p, i see no mention of 1080p being available anywhere, and with its release being close to the PS3 two years release i have to say I'm expecting nothing less that 1080p as standard from PS3 games then.

4. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    I would be surprised if it was 1080p. The graphics are amazing and the amount of detail could make it hard to handle at this stage. Personally I prefer 720p since my HDTV is the right resolution. I suppose huge TV owners may not be as fortunate.

5. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    GT is probably the worst example possible, it is a racing game. All you see are cars going round and round and round....

In shooters you have physics, lighting, explosions ect ect, there is a hell of alot more happening on screen than on a racing game.

6. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    I thought Resistance looked great for a launch game and the developers said that PS3 graphics are going to be a big improvement in coming titles :nerd:

7. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    Don't underestimate racing games. Physics are more important than anything - each combination of settings on each car is different, and therefore behave in a differently when adjusted. Also the lighting in GT is superb, though it isn't very "gritty" or dramatic as in other games, doesn't mean its non existent. I do agree with static environment though. It does run at 60fps/1080p, so if the devs designed it on 720p then im sure they could have made the environment a lot better. You can't have everything so quickly! GT5:p is only a taster of the full game, which will be even more complex in physics.

8. Ankit kukreti

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    GOW2 360 vs GOW3 PS3. Looking at how great GOW on PS2 I won't be surprised if they can make another masterpiece. Kratos can be very powerful indeed :deflate:

9. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    I think he was talking about Gears of War, not God of War. But I agree with you - God of War III will be insane!

10. Ankit kukreti

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    Yes I understand that Copey was talking about Gear of war 2 on 360. I was trying to say God Of War on PS3 might still beat it, in quality :p But time will tell. That is just my guess :)

11. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Im almost betting it will, MGS4 looks amazing and so do a few other games, God of war 2 was the graphical peak of the PS3 im expecting 3 (possibly 4?) to do the same for the PS3, the developers are amazing.

12. bahamut

bahamut Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GTS (G80) @ 600/1800
    Sony marketed it as being capable of 1080p, it is (and at it's release the 360 wasn't). It's up to the devs to get the required performance at 1080p which has been shown possible in certain games, but not all devs are equally skilled and ports almost certainly won't take full advantage of the hardware. An upscaler chip would help ofc (technically the PS3 does have one but it has to be implemented by the devs), but then if your TV supports 1080p it should probably have a decent scaler chip itself. So the bottom line is Sony said the PS3 will be capable of 1080p "full HD", it is capable of 1080p. You've obviously taken it to mean that all games should be in 1080p, I don't recall Sony saying that, but if you have a source feel free to educate me on the matter.

On topic: Resistance 2 is looking sweet alright, the teaser was crap though, can't wait for proper gameplay footage. What a great year for games on both consoles. :)

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^Please...Sony were dancing with joy when they found out the 360 had no 1080p at launch, they marketed the machine as 1080p capable across the board, there was never any mention that the majority of PS3 retail games would only have one resolution available, and 17 months on after launch its still the same situation....i mean they even came down on the update the 360 got to allow 1080p as somehow not true 1080p........i mean talk about being hypocritical.

And this talk of its the Dev's, well some people here are of the opinion that the ps3 is hardly being used with quotes of only 20% of the Ps3 being used for games.......if that were truly the case why are Dev's having such a hard time with 1080p if there is that much spare power siting there doing nothing.

I mean you could not get any higher than SCEA senior VP of marketing Peter Dille spouting that games like Motorstorm would be in full 1080p and 60FPS, and a amount of Sony employees stating games are 1080p......

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156337
    http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/games/archives/2006/02/14/ps3_secrets_revealed.html
    http://video.i4u.com/ces.php?url=ces/Interview-Sony-PS3-MotorStorm-Digital-Experience.wmv&p=1
    http://www.engadget.com/2005/05/16/engadget-amp-joystiqs-live-coverage-of-sonys-playstation-3/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE5NLf3ZDxo&feature=related

But its all very simple, people in glass houses should not through stones.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  14. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    I find myself backing up XP-200 the everything he says here.

Whilst the PS3 is a monster of a machine, it is not the return of Christ that Sony have been touting since the get go.

15. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    As i've already stated in many forums etc.

THe ps3 does 1080p. Yes it's does have a software upscaler.

Also, I remember sony stating not all games would be in 1080p. Yes some ppl shoot their mouths off. But that can be said of all companys.

If your a gta fan, i'd suggest you get the ps3 version, as it is smoother, looks more realistic.

http://www.gamerevolver.com/articlenav-112-page-2.html

Oblivion is better on the ps3 even after the 360 is patched.

No game graphically comes close to gt5p on the 360.

Microsoft is on a losing run now, and it will continue, 08-09 is sony's year. You only have to look at whats coming out.

16. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™

17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I sometimes wonder if people just read what bits the want to read.....The PS3 does not do 1080p in all games nor does it have dedicated scaling hardware, it will only do 1080p if the game is made in 1080p or it will only upscale scale in software mode if its added to the actual game......and so far this has only happened in a few games.....that's why the vast majority of PS3 games will only run in 720p.

I think its a bit early to claim GTA will somehow be better on one system than another.

Wow a game that was released a year later on the PS3 and has been improved in that time...........I'm stunned.

We will just stick theses two opinions in the I irrationally hate MS/360 bin...but here have a look at this months sales figures...

Industry Sales
    Mar-07 Mar-08 CHG
    Total Video Games $1.1B $1.7B 57%
    Video Games Hardware $377.9M $551.3M 46%
    Video Games Software $579.1M $945.6M 63%
    Video Game Accessories $139.5M $220M 58%

HW Sales

Hardware Mar-08
    PlayStation 2 216K
    PlayStation 3 257K
    PlayStation Portable 297K
    Xbox 360 262K
    Nintendo DS 698K
    Wii 721K

SW Sales
    Top-Selling VG Software - March 2008

Platform Title Publisher Release Date March Units
    WII SUPER SMASH BROS: BRAWL NINTENDO OF AMERICA Mar-08 2.7M
    360 *TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX: VEGAS 2 UBISOFT Mar-08 752.3K
    360 ARMY OF TWO ELECTRONIC ARTS Mar-08 606.1K
    WII PLAY W/ REMOTE NINTENDO OF AMERICA Feb-07 409.8K
    PSP GOD OF WAR: CHAINS OF OLYMPUS SONY Mar-08 340.5K
    PSP CRISIS CORE: FINAL FANTASY VII SQUARE ENIX INC Mar-08 301.6K
    WII GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK ACTIVISION Oct-07 264.1K
    360 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL 2K8 TAKE 2 INTERACTIVE Mar-08 237.1K
    360 *CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE ACTIVISION Nov-07 237K
    PS3 ARMY OF TWO ELECTRONIC ARTS Mar-08 224.9

And as Skiddywinks already put so eloquently...."Whilst the PS3 is a monster of a machine, it is not the return of Christ that Sony have been touting since the get go."

Take about hitting the nail on the head, MS and Sony are the kings of the bull**** PR, its what they do, anybody thinks one is somehow a Bastien of honesty is deluding themselves, both companies could not give a toss what their customer whats, they are only interested in the almighty buck, and if that means denying problems or just play lying then that's what they do.

18. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Those are npd numbers for usa only. Does not take into account europe and japan.

I'm not quite sure how you would like me to answer you.

Both consoles have good and bad points. That can be said of every console ever made.

Of course it's about money, what isn't?

Neither have i stated ps3 is the be all and end all.

But i do think it offers more bang for buck.

Do i care about 1080p, nope.

720p is fine for me.

As long as the game is smooth, could not careless about 30-60fps issue either.

Means nothing if every is playing at same fps.

Online is ping,hops,upstream,blah de blah. Also skill is involved. But if your con isn't upto the task, doesn't really matter.

Also most of the time, if you have 1080p ticked in the settings you can run the game that way. The tv does the upscaling.

I'd always expect the pc to look best, but you need the system to run it.

It's only now the spu's are being used properly, but still not all of them.

When they are not used, you get orange box.

19. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    You've just discovered big corporations do this....

20. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    This is not true at all. Of all the PS3 games I own, only the arcade games that you download from the store (Super Stardust HD etc.) and one other (I can't remember wich right now) will do 1080p. ALL the rest, from Uncharted to UT3 and Orange Box will force my TV to do 720p throught the HDMI. They even state on the box 720p.
    SONY's claim for true HD at 1080p is no better than MS's. Neither can deliver all content at 1080p. The only thing is the 360 will not force my TV to revert to 720p. It just upscales the signal to 1080p.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.