all your GAME IDEAS are belong to us!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by gh4stly, Apr 8, 2008.

1. gh4stly

gh4stly Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx970 g1 gaming 1599mhz
    Share your game concepts

since most of us aren't cut out to compete with Blizzard or microsoft we might as well share our laughable ideas with each other, or what you'd think would be cool in a game.
    tweaks? features? genres?
    anything... don't need to be specific.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  2. Snooken

Snooken Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX560M 3GB
    mmofps. im thinking crysis gone mmo ;P

3. CharlieSimon

CharlieSimon Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 970
    MMO GTA.

With full legal system including court proceedings, jail and such!

You'll be able to rob banks, breaking and entering into other players houses.
    Gangcontrolled areas (Gangs being guilds), in game world events.. Say such as presidential carnevals and such.
    If someone is good enough perhaps could even assassinate the president?
    Own clubs, bars, resturants.

No kind of healthpoint system such as wow.. Instead more realistic.
    Get shot in the head, bang you're dead. Make a new character (Perhaps a brother to your main character so you can inherit all the things your brother owned when he passed away in that brutal gangshooting)
    Get shot in the arm, a few days at a hospital and you're as good as new.

and to make it a little more.. hard to kill someone, you've got to think it trough, if you get caught by say perhaps the FBI or cops.. You could risk perhaps a life sentance in jail.

I could go on and on, but you get the picture.

4. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    Wild West themed MMO.

For mini-games you could have poker and duels.

For end-game content you could have cool raid instances (make them like 5-10 people) and could raid banks, help some criminal escape from jail, etc etc.

The map would be huge, and your guild could start its own little town. The guild would have to keep up with the town, such as stock the bar with liquor, crafters could make items and put them in the trading posts, etc etc.

Also, make it so some rare items could be crafted, and make these craftables REALLY good quality. If you are big into crafting, you could either join a crafting guild, or setup a trade depot somewhere, and if you had high quality items your depot would be known and would become popular.

Also, there could be a robbery system where you can go into other guilds towns and attempt to rob them. I guess a guild could hire NPCs to guard the fort, so if you are caught stealing, the guards would notify the guild (via chat message) and would attack.

I absolutely love the wild west. :)

5. Snooken

Snooken Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX560M 3GB
    im loving the mmo-gta thing, the game world would have to be Massive though.. or actually... a city sized world would fit just fine, then later you could add another city with and expansion pack or something?
    but everyone would drive around like crazed monkeys and steal each others cars all the time( i know i would ) ;P
    someone needs to pass this thread on to someone who can make it happen :)

6. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    What I would like is a Starwars game made on the NWN2 engine. The d20 Starwars is almost the same as DND 3.5 so it should just be a matter of making a hell of a story and doing a little art and rules modifications. That would be freakin great beyond words. If such a game was made I would spend countless hours of my life making adventures for it.

Currently I am waiting to see what DNDish game is the first to have the 4th edition rules set. Already have my books on pre-order(yep nerdorama here)

But back to the Starwars game, a RPG game with 4 to 6 NPCs and tons of galaxy to explore is Starwars geek bliss.

7. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    I was thinking about how cool a Western MMO would be just last week. I wouldn't have raiding or any of that boring item gathering crap though. It would have towns created by players where players could own their own saloon or store. Players could form bandit gamgs ect and attack player towns making for some cool PvP.

Believe it or not Pre-Cu StarWars Galaxies had alot of this stuff until Sony destroyed it.

8. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Gun, but better and more expansive, as an MMO?

SOLD.

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Honestly, I want a gundam online game where you pick your frame, customize your gundam by putting different parts on it, what type of gundam, what faction you would belong to, participate in war battles with the other factions and other players/bots, just like it was how the series are.

10. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

edit

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012

11. CharlieSimon

CharlieSimon Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 970
  12. Drizzt

Drizzt Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 7800GT @ Stock OC
    Fantasy setting with gameplay similar to WoW and PvP similar to EVE Online MMORPG. AKA Darkfall but not actually vaporware.

13. dune2

dune2 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Hehe, trailer says out in 2007. Must have missed that release somehow... ;)

14. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ that game looks pretty slick. Wonder how it will stack up to the next GTA, graphics wise I mean..