NVIDIA Forceware 174.74 Windows XP & Vista Download (all cards)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Tr0n, Mar 27, 2008.

1. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    SLI 88gtx users who are running vista 64 please confirm if these drivers are causing screen flickering in games. All the 17x.xx series i tried have this problem. Nvidia do something.

2. blunden

blunden Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    Does anyone else have the problem that the localization doesn't work in the Control Panel, even though the files are present in the archive? Where should those files be located on Vista 64bit? I guess both System32 and SysWOW64.

3. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Hi,
    Here is a statement with these drivers, beta non modded driver version as I run on G80.
    I apparently solved my last issue by setting e_detail_materials_view_dist_view_z= 512(it was a try) back to 256.
    I am on XP32 sp2
    Everything is on the screens and signature concerning rig and settings.
    I took the Crysis tweak there: http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=18999 It is really worthy, these guys roxx-it :thumbup:
    No OC on graphic cards: [​IMG] OC especialy on graphic memory: [​IMG]
    GPU frequency joining back graphic memory: [​IMG] and the same 9 loops long: [​IMG]

Love them 174.74 beta, I meet no probs in other games. I like :banana: car games like ProStreet, Dirt, :bang: X3 Reunion, Tomb Rider, ...

4. ggab

ggab New Member

with my 7600gt agp and this drivers :

i finally get hw acceleration playing dvds!

i'm very happy to see %8 usage of cpu, before was near 30%

5. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    can anyone confirm wheather SLI is working or not? i dont think it is. i cant get load balancing to show up, and i'm getting the same performance in COD2/4 as i do with one card! i always almost double my performance in these games with SLI enabled ... SLi broken?

6. Diggz

Diggz New Member

GPU:
    2X8800GTX 615/1020/1400
    I try to install 174.74 and I get this error message "The Nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit" Whats the deal!!!! anyone else having this issue???:bang:

Im using 32bit XP Pro

7. wan_d7

wan_d7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 450 GTS 900/2000
    just use the modded .inf man.. should be fine afterwards..

8. Fedorov

Fedorov Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D iChill GTX-1070 X4
    My mate got confused by this the other day, when you try to download these from guru3d the 2 different mirror sites give you 2 different file names, when he chose the files without the "whql" in the name he got the beta version which works on all cards... same as I've been running for a week or two. Guess I was lucky I got the correct download mirror first time ;)

9. Benke99

Benke99 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4870 1GB
    Confirmed in LOTRO with all 174. drivers at least.

10. arcady

arcady Guest

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb, oc 675,1674,2000
    #ggab - how to enable hw acceleration o dvds? I have geforce 8800 and using powerdvd. It has the obtion with hw acceleration but doesn't do anything.
    I must have a codec or something? Pls help. Thank you

11. ggab

ggab New Member

unstinstall powerdvd and any codec pack do you have,
    and install this one (in default mode)

http://www.free-codecs.com/K_Lite_Mega_Codec_Pack_download.htm

you will have hw acceleration (load the dvd with media player classisc -open the program and press CONTROL + D)

good luck

12. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I reverted back to these drivers just because of Sli and I can tell you Sli is working exceptionaly well with COD4, I see scaling of around 80% at 1600x1200 with 4xaa, at the first mission intro shooting range I get about 100 fps at those settings with sli disabled in the nv cp, with Sli enabled I see 180+ fps, no bsods either so far, pro street stuttering is still there but due to the much higher fps with sli it's less evident even with realively less fps in sli than other drivers.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2008
  13. ecuhitman

ecuhitman New Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GT - 512 MB
    I am currently using 169.28 drivers and vista SP1 and am still getting crashes while playing COD4. My screen goes all red boxes, then black than BSOD and reboot.

Anyway, I was hoping Nvidia would come out with a driver that would fix this. Is this it? Anyone that used to have this problem with COD4 not getting it with these drivers?

Thanks!

14. guru169

guru169 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8600GT 512MB
    I think you should use 169.25, I am playing COD4 with it no problem except frame rate sometimes go lower then back to normal.

I tried the 174.74, and it works good in COD4, but it crashes with a BOSD.
    169.25 no problem in any of my gaming
    174.74 BSOD with any gaming

15. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    must be a bad install on my end then. thx for the reply.

16. refraction

refraction Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX 768mb
    ive played through most of COD4 on the 174.74 drivers, ive not had any BSODs or any problems at all, infact it runs great.

17. Fedorov

Fedorov Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D iChill GTX-1070 X4
    Yup same here, Vista32, CoD4 been running no problems at all with 174.74 on my 8800GTX card.

169.12's where my previous holy grail for CoD4 performance, didn't expect to stay with these newer ones but I have so they must be good ;)

18. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    Wow an instant 450 point improvement in 3D Mark 06 using these drivers & the nf1807 chipset drivers on my old nf4 mobo w/8800GTS 320mb.. Using WinXP x86
    Even got a 320 point improvement with the same drivers on my nf590 mobo with the same video card.
    I'm finding at odd times I get the occasional odd black frame, but it's not consistent where, when and what games it happens in.
    (Seems sort of random).
    But I can't say there's an old or new game I've played with these drivers that hasn't shown a consistent fps improvement yet.
    Crysis, Postal 2, COD4, UT2k4, UT3, BioShock, BS Area51, TimeShift, Fear - EP - PM, C&C3, Stalker, Prey, Sof3...
    Nice step up from 169.28 drivers for me :)
    Cheers

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  19. Rieder

Rieder New Member

I'm running Windows Vista (64 bit) with a 8800GTX card. I recently installed the 169.25 drivers, and tody I wanted to give the 174.74 drivers a go. I uninstalled the old drivers and ran Driver Sweeper to remove any leftovers. But when I try to install 174, the installer tells me that I haven't got any supported hardware? These drivers are working with a 8800GTX, right??

20. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC