Mafia 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by GT40Nutcase, Aug 21, 2007.

1. attila_gorilla

attila_gorilla Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility HD 5730
    The point is that there are a lot of gamers who have PC`s and consoles as well. They wait with the PC release to try and tempt such people into buying the console version instead of waiting to download a pirated version for their PC.

2. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    that's bull****...

3. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    Well here a quick review.

1. Console do have piracy but out of 95% of people on console do buy there game when the other 5% are pirate because people dont know how to flash there Xbox 360.

2. PC games dont sell well as much as console because of PC hardware but piracy on PC is 95% let say and 5% is people buy games on PC which is online like UT 3 and TeamFortess 2 and so on.

my reason is that they want to make the PS3 and Xbox 360 first then for PC they want to go over and think about it because piracy is more big on PC then console and even people pirate on console its not that much of a hurt that on PC. they also want to make alot of money as possble and PC you will not get that and it will get around maybe 100,000 copies sold when console get around 2 million or more.

PC do have better hardware then console but you got to get this in your head's that no matter what kinda of hardware comes out for PC, games on console will sell 10x more then on PC. its a fact and its always has been since PS2 came out.

Mafia sold alot on PC but there was not alot of piracy back then but now there so much piracy going on that even the best games for PC cant do one two million tops. also WOW sell alot because people buy there games since WOW its only online that pretty much what PC has left WOW lol. i am not a console nor a PC fanboy this is the true people, some people dont want to open there eyes, i have. why the reason i sold my ram and graphic card because a freaking 8800 GTS is faster then the Xbox 360 gpu and PS3 gpu and PC games run like crap even on the best hardware when on console they run 99% smooth.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  4. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

edit

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Makes perfect sense... A lot of people who have PCs and consoles would just download it for the PC if it came out at the same time. Now if the console version comes out first (let's say 2 months before the PC version) the majority those people will buy the console version. How does it not make sense?

6. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    hate to make the comparison, but it obviously exists...not that i ever cared alot for the previous gta games at all but these features sound alot better than those listed for mafia 2 especially since its not out till next year.

GTA IV features

7. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I hope there are lots of cars like in the first Mafia, although I was dissapointed that there were no Lincolns or Packards. This game should be really fun, and I'm sure it will come out on PC. The user created mods were wonderful for this game. Lots of really cool cars to download. I remember there was an awesome 1971 Buick Riviera that you could download and replace. I had custom cars for just about every different model in the game.

8. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    With that attitude I'm not gonna buy it at all. Good going! I purchase alot of games, but I don't give money to people I don't think deserve it. For example, Epic isn't going to see any of my money ever again. And so by indirectly calling honest, paying PC gamers for pirates, is enough reason for me to not pay for it. Perhaps they should try to treat their fans with a little bit of respect?

9. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

edit

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    hm... I'm sure they will release it with the console version now that they know that you won't get the console version. Forget the console gamers who have gaming PCs too, it's all about you... Look, it's becoming normal practise if you hadn't noticed. Assassin's Creed, Las Vegas 2 and many others come out a little bit earlier on the consoles so that the devs can at least rake in on those versions. They know they won't make that much on a PC version.

11. Lethal Abz

Lethal Abz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 470
    i dont think they will release PC version straight away. No way.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  13. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

edit

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ok, the devs themselves said that they'll delay it because of PC piracy. It makes perfect sense. You might not like it or even not understand it, but that's none of my concerns. If you can't accept simple facts, fine. Just stop acting clever, because you're not. Quite opposite actually. Now go have a nice day.

15. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

edit

16. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

edit

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, they're all liars. Whatever. The fact is you're not getting it a few months after the console release. I myself will wait for the PC version. Mafia 2 should be played on a PC IMHO. GTA IV I'll get for the 360 tho. That belongs on consoles. Look, only because they decided to do something you don't like doesn't mean you have to cry about it. Just accept the facts.

EDIT: Anyway, there's 28 million 360 and PS3 owners in the world. Now if only 1/3 of them have a decent gaming PC, and they're interested in Mafia 2, imagine how many of them would download it from torrents if it got released at the same time as the console version. By delaying the PC version they'll "force" those who won't want to wait to buy the console version. Therefore when it finally arrives on the PC less people will pirate it because some percentage of them will already have the console version.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  18. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    When I first saw this thread I immediately remembered that music that used to loop throughout the first game : BE DE, BE BE BE, BE DEEE!

AARG!

:bang:

19. Leodie

Leodie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It was more like BE BE, DE DE BE, BE

Must have MafiaII NOW! :cry:

20. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    2K Games announce Mafia II for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC

there you have it its announce for PC as well.