Your view on the world in 100 years...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Sparx, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    If that's the case we're all doomed. If we can't be part in history and take action when we see something that is wrong and don't like where it is taking us then we are not living in a world worth a damn.

So now i guess you agree with wekktor then ?

2. Bleeq

Bleeq Active Member

GPU:
    Galaxy (KFA2) 8800GT@ 733
    By that same notion, where does it stop?

When we are all living in tepee's again chasing buffaloes off cliffs?

Or will the WWF be there saying I should stave off killing them because there are so few.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  3. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Yeesh. If you did any research you would know that melting ice caps are a reality, oh wait, you probably stay at home while you stuff your guts.

Bleeq, if you know anything about science (from your posts, i think you haven't really a clue) you would know that the conditions at that time were much different. The checks and balances are now the things in danger. I suppose its the stupidity that we environmentalists have to put up with.

4. Bleeq

Bleeq Active Member

GPU:
    6,500,000 years ago. not 6 million...

6,500,000 years ago volcanos were MORE stagnant then they are now and still the CO2 level higher then normal. NO human existence on earth.

Look up ocean salinity migration a NATURAL occurance that can be traced in the Icecaps, and are the PRIME reason for their waxing and waning.

The ICE Itself is what keeps earth in its cycle of cooling and warming granted solar activity is not to great or too little.

Ever stop to think that Great Big ball of Fusion in the Sky could have something to do with it?

You want to stop global warming? Put out the sun or learn to control it.

After all If the weather cycles analysis from core samples are right we should be heading into an Ice age within 60 to 120 years, and then I hope you all "green" scientists (that are still alive) propose to release more C02 in hopes to save our farmland and cites from the 600 thick Ice that once covered New York City and all of the mid west.(oops edit: the ice over NYC 6,500,000 years ago was TWICE the height of the Empire state building over 2000 foot thick and spread as far south as georgia)

Edit: And BTW If you want my picture I'm 175 pounds and 6 feet tall 37 years old.
    I also eat what ever I want when I want in moderation.

5. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    more stagnant...do you know what the word stagnant means?

again the sun proved the surface warming, but its the trapping of heat by greenhouse gases is what causes the problem. I think its the lack of knowledge of how the history of the progression climate change and the nature of ice ages is whats causing the problem.When those occur, it occurred as a result of the climate conditions, what we are seeing is an manmade triggered problem.

People are either ignorant, or are choosing to be ignorant simply because they don't want to change their lifestyle. Its tough to enforce policies when regular folk continue to stand blindly. If in a hundred years major climate disasters do happen, its the poor that will suffer first. Of course its everyone's problem, but perhaps another extinction will clear out some of the dinosaur minded people.

6. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Blue, blue, blue..... don't turn this into yet another global warming thread.:no: Anthropogenic global warming is a tool of political ideology, nothing more. It has no basis in concrete fact. People 100-200 years from now are going to be giggling hysterically over this ridiculous fear-mongering by the eco-nuts. Al Gore is going to be the laughingstock of the 22nd century.

[​IMG]

7. Bleeq

Bleeq Active Member

GPU:
    OK I am still not going for the personal assaults.

So there were 4 times the "green house" gasses with NO record of human involvement.

Less Volcanic activity then now.

Maybe an asteroid (again nothing to do with global warming) could have made that excess CO2, or are you saying the dinosaurs made it? you give the human race WAY to much credit.

What I "think" is that great big *** flaming ball in the sky may have something to do with it.

And just maybe you and we are insignificant little creatures capable of being snuffed out in an instant from a minor change in powers we have absolutely NO control over.

No not by GOD.

By our cold, empty (we can only hope) little corner of space.
    That gets in a little accident with the passing chaos.

8. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    lol, in a hundred years people will say, "people actually though global warming was a myth? Didn't those kind of people think that the earth was flat and the earth was at the center of the solar system?"

Yeah, at that time there were alot of greenhouse gases, so we have an idea of what will happen. But nature had checks which fixed stuff. Unfortunately, people are deforesting the land and polluting the seas so nature isn't getting that chance.

My strongest recommendation to you is to read science journals to explain the reason why the atmosphere was composed the way it was and how early life changed the atmosphere. Humans have a huge effect. People simply either ignore the level of impact they have.

9. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Damnit blue, I won't be able to rub it in when I'm proven unequivocally correct. We'll both be worm-food by that time. :eek:

10. Bleeq

Bleeq Active Member

GPU:

The truth is:

Worms have more to do with the Earths past AND future then Humans ever will.

11. Bleeq

Bleeq Active Member

GPU:

Um what are the "checks and stuff" you talk of...

You are saying I should read science journals?

12. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    lol, speak for yourself, either I'll find a way to live forever or i'll be cremated.

:D

checks and balances. You know, the ecosystem method of maintaining a stable environment.

Yeah journals, or do research. What is annoying is people who haven't done research are misquoting other people's research and stating its an indicator of something that the findings don't even show. As a scientist, this shows people can't seem to think for themselves.

13. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    That may be a bit of an exaggeration but for anyone to suggest that less than 200 years after the Industrial Revolution that we're having a dramatic impact on global temperatures is utterly ridiculous. But, of course, Al Gore is a complete idiot so go figure.

However, this is the last comment I'm making on GW. We've all rehashed this a million times and there's nothing to be gained by aggravating the mods.

14. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    I'm banking on the latter.... :)

15. Bleeq

Bleeq Active Member

GPU:
    So in essence YOU will be literally polluting our atmosphere.

What a waste of perfectly good worm food...

16. Bleeq

Bleeq Active Member

GPU:
    So you are saying that organic organisms are the reason Earth is a haven for themselves? In other worlds Life "fixed" our Overly hot and CO2 rich atmosphere...

Really and you tell me to think for myself.

O well goodnight and remember to hug a tree before you use it to cremate yourself.

17. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Early life gave off oxygen as a byproduct of their chemical reactions which eventually was used by other forms of life as an integral part of respiration. of course I would have to go through with you the whole difference of aerobic and anaeorobic respiration.

You know what the sad thing is? People have become so lazy and devorced from reality that they fail to realize how dependant they are on nature. Until things turn bad, Of course when they do turn bad people cry out to scientist "why didn't you warn us?" Of course we respond,"we did warn you dumbass, its just you didn't want to listen".

I mean hell in the oil industry we KNOW that 2 things are fact:
    1) Oil as a usable resource is running out. When it take 15 billion to pump 5 billion dollars of oil, thats a bad sign.
    2) Human accelerated climate change is a fact. Because you run around looking for questionable literature by a few gold digging scientists who are running around for grants, doesn't change the fact that solid finding show the trend that humans are causing alot of trouble for the environment they live in.

18. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Baloney. I call shenanigans! Blue, you're going to get one or both of us another temp ban by posting this opinion. Notice I said opinion, not fact, because there isn't a shred of proof to support the absolute nature of your assertion. Let's just both leave this subject alone. Deal?

19. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    But when you have scientist from both Shell and BP stating the conclusions of their findings , what can you say? These people spent over 5 years constantly monitoring and it was a clear pattern they found.

but deal. No one wants a temp ban.

20. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Cool. I'm off to play some Bioshock on my new 24" Dell monitor. I should have bought one of these a long, long time ago. They are the shiznit!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.