Forceware 174.51 Vista X64 (with modded inf)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by aBra, Mar 12, 2008.

1. compuguy1088

compuguy1088 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX AMD Radeon 5850
    Are you having them as well. Because I was having a consistent issues with flickering and or flashing. After alot of that, the display would freeze, reset and a unreadable BSOD would occur, as well as a kernel dump. This would always happen in Command and Conquer 3. The only solution I could find was to avoid the 174.xx branch. I've switched to 171.20, and these issues have gone away...though DV is broken and I don't know if AA profiles work.

Edit: Vista x64 SP1 BTW

2. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    so far so good css runs great and cod4, crysis runs fine, keepers for now with my 8800GT, also using sp1 vista ultimate x64 have no problems with these drivers runs good :) dv working as well :D

3. damafan

damafan Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Lightning III
    yes im having flashing prob in all 174.xx drivers, using vista x64 sp1. so i guess it may be due to SP1. i tried running LOTRO in dx10 mode and no more flickering, everything works but performance isnt as good as dx9 :(

4. .NetRolller 3D

.NetRolller 3D New Member

2 possible problems

I've noticed 2 issues with the modded driver:
    1. (A very minor bug) In the INF file, the line
    NVIDIA_G92.DEV_0612.1 = "NVIDIA G92-420"
    should have read:
    NVIDIA_G92.DEV_0612.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX"
    This is needed for proper recognition of 9800GTX (it's minor because the GTX isn't out yet).
    2. Modes.txt is heavily wrong, this might be the source of the flashing problems. Here is the fixed version.

5. Gucci

Gucci Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti
    Well... these drivers works really well.

3Dmark06 with 169.25 = 9900
    3Dmark06 with 174.51 = 10153

Thanks for these... i finally got over the 10k mark :D

They work well with Crysis and COD4 and :eek:ver: Assasin's Creed :eek:ver:
    Forget Jerusalem :p

Uhm and HL2 Engine works very well too... Portal rules ;)

EDIT: Yup... COD4 Works like a charm man, been playing for 2 hours straight. These drivers :banana:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  6. compuguy1088

compuguy1088 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX AMD Radeon 5850
    If that was the solution, wouldn't more games be flashing/flickering? I'll consider using them again....though I'm still wary after all of the BSOD with the display off I've gotten with them..

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  7. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    assassins creed isnt even out yet and the one leaked isn't full version was just a demo really according to kotaku, game crashes on jerusalem was just a copy to get reviews :X unless a store is selling way early lol

8. Gucci

Gucci Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti
    What do u think i mean with "Forget Jerusalem" ?

lol ^^

9. aBra

aBra Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870
    lol internet!

Back to topic: Just installed and tested 174.51 Vista X64 and they are running nice and smooth; no problems so far.

10. KEZZA

KEZZA Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX 670
    ive been running 169.44 with no prob but these give me lockups and driver recovered errors (only tested with cod 4)

11. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    AA works with these for me,and also they been great no problems so far. I tested UT3 as well as hellgate and a lot other games.

12. damafan

damafan Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Lightning III
    sorry what do i do with the file u posted?

13. damafan

damafan Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Lightning III
    sorry what do i do with the file u posted?

14. damafan

damafan Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Lightning III
    ok i replaced the modes.txt and reinstall the driver but same problem.i finally found the problem as its got to do with AA. once i turn off AA, the game doesnt flicker anymore, silky smooth but i would like to have AA in LOTRO :(

15. PanzerIV

PanzerIV Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX570 @ 860
    WTF since I installed these on WinVista 64bit (I had 174.12) now I can't choose anything over 85Hz for my monitor, no matter if it's the default driver or Sony G520. How the hell do I fix this?!

16. Kridian

Kridian Member

GPU:
    GTX 680 2GB
    So what do you do if this driver works with everything EXCEPT the SandBox2 Editor for Crysis? As soon as I go to open my map to edit, the damn screen goes black and never recovers. (?) Suggestions?

Vista 64bit

Ok, it has to do with 3dsMax and how it has to change the transparency settings to run the app in Vista. So if I close Max and Vista Aero turns back on, everything works. I can open the SandBox2 without troubles.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  17. vO!d

vO!d Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290 DirectCU II
    I wasnt able to install the driver...
    My Specs are listed on your left; using Vista Business x32 SP1

The install routine is telling me that no chances were made, allthough Ive used the modded inf...

Back to 174.20.

18. MAD5

MAD5 Guest

GPU:
    SLI Titan EVGA / ASUS
    I have problems with videos in full screen. It just hungs, after a couple of minutes or seconds. In div x and also on dvd. But only in full screen.

19. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    I don't know wth is going on...all games play perfect for a week (174.31), then I up core clock some, lower mem clock and games still run OK with slightly higher fps. Play CoD4 SP 40min, MP 10 min, no signs of errors (actually, never SEEN artifacts, driver stops responding comes before..)

Then suddenly (again! happened with 171.20 also) all games give driver errors, even at stock clocks ! LOL..AGAIN I think I've coocked my GTS. Rebooting etc didnt help, I defragged HDD (thx Vista for the wonderful 2hr 15min wait!!)

Again the solution was to re-install driver (uninstall and install in safe mode), currently running "very slow" 169.44 - games work ofcourse, but I've seen much higher fps in the 17x.xx drivers....

Wonder what makes the drivers loosing stability ? Like they add corrupted info to themselves...

Well..I'm gonna test either this 174.51 again, or use the one I had before, 174.31. I won't push my oc anymore. It is after playing hours with "new max oc" this 'corruption' occour.

Also, those who found max oc with 169.xx drivers, find them again for the faster 17x.xx drivers.

20. PanzerIV

PanzerIV Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX570 @ 860
    So is there any other people that can't go over 85Hz anymore since these new drivers? :bang: