The Bugatti Veyron Slayer, 0-60 in 1.67 seconds top speed 270mph

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by darknight909, Mar 5, 2008.

1. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    How is it overpriced? They are being sold at a massive loss. If anything they are grossly under priced. They may not be your cup of tea but I would hardly consider you the target market.

2. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    W16, weak? Thats like drinking ph1 acid and saying yeah thats weak.

z06, imo is bad made outta plastic, and cheap plastic at that.

Gimme a FFR 65 Coupe and im happy :D

3. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    I dunno, the Z06 is one of the most credible supercars out there...massive performance for the money. I would'nt buy one (I'd take the engine out and put it in a GD T70 or Sebring ZX) - but it's impressive none the less. It's like the Monaro - a big car with a big engine which is really, really cheap (for what it is). It may be made of plastic and have a lot of compromises about it, but I think that's what you expect when you buy it.

Completely disagree about the Veyron being overpriced...of course it's going to be expensive! Look at the ammount of work that's gone into it - and anyway, it's a Bugatti and if it was something everybody could buy it wouldn't really be in keeping with everything else they've made ;)

It's such a huge achievement - making such a heavy car go, stop, and handle as well as it does. I bet you any money that over 200mph there aren't many cars that are as controllable as this one...

The recurring thing you hear about it is how easy it is to drive - just think about that. Making a car with 1000hp easy to drive. Not many cars, even with half that ammount of power could be called 'easy to drive'. That's the difference between the Veyron and most other cars - you don't have to compromise anything - handling, speed, acceleration, comfort, usability...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  4. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO Crossfire+OC
    That motor is weak as **** compared to what it could be. I mean, an 8L W16 with 4 turbos and only 1000 bhp. All the other small company supercars have like twin turbo 6-8L V8s with just as much power, sometimes even more. And of course it handles like crap because of those annoying laws of physics, it's just way too heavy. Maybe it'll do decently on large tracks with long sweeping curves because of its power, but put it on small, tight tracks nd watch it get beaten by cars with half the power and a quarter of the price.

5. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    8 or 16 cylinders doesn't really matter.

They could've got more out of it - but I don't think they wanted to have it tuned to its peak as that would've meant a less smooth power delivery etc. They'd end up with an engine that makes 1500hp or whatever but you'd need to have it up to 4000 revs before it does anything - which isn't how most people drive. Anyway, 125bhp/litre isn't bad going...essentially it's four 2 litres straight 4s with 250hp each - which isn't bad.

It does 0-60 in under 3 seconds. It doesn't really need any more anyway ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYX2NnlSFgA

It has huge tyres and insanely clever suspension/drivetrain control. The handling is pretty damn impressive I'd say...of course a Se7en or something would out turn it, but the two are built for different things...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  6. aircool

GPU:
    Exactly you would lose too much but over powering it, as its like the concorde of cars designed for use rather than pure speed e.g. SR-71 like.

7. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Besides, emissions laws are extremely tight now too.

1001 hp sounds better than 1247hp anyway ;)

8. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    i agree about the efficiency from the veyron. you want an efficient engine, take a look at that koenigsegg ccx; 4,8l v8 with 806 bhp.

9. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Or the Evo FQ400...

10. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319

11. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    I agree with all of those myself, although I'm not really a fan of the new GTR myself...

12. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
  13. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    [​IMG]

Curvy flatness :)

14. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    But the curves are in the wrong places! It's like saying a fat chick has curves because she has a belly!

15. aircool

GPU:
    Nah:

(Lose the roush stickers, but keep the tweaking :D )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Curvey, and average.

16. worthy

worthy Master Guru

GPU:
    2 ATI hd 4870 512s
    the curves are where they are for a reason, and it has nothing to do with looks. these cars from this era are some of my favorites, a well as circa 70s porsches modernized with a nice set of wheels and engine upgrades.

I love 70s porsches. They may not be that fast, but they can easily be made to be and look great.

17. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    I have no doubt the curves have reasons for being there, I just prefer my curves in different places.

18. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    A Lola T70 is average?!

That I really disagree with...although it wasn't a very good picture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really think the T70 & Spyder are two of the most beautiful cars ever built...besides, one of the most famous cars ever owes a lot to it...

It's a perfect example of form following function, with spectacular results :)

[​IMG]

Ahhh... (not that that is a T70)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  19. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Those two in racing colours are beautiful. That red one with the Cadillac fins is not so great. Looks like it is trying just a little too hard.

And you wouldn't want to drive into any steep drive ways, or you would rip the back of your car off behind the rear wheel.

Isn't that Roush a Shelby Coupe?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  20. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    It's a race car ;) It does look a bit funny side on though, I agree. I'd be too scared to drive it anyway - if something broke I dread to think how much you'd be paying to fix it. This car is deffinetly in the 7 or even 8 figure price bracket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From different angles, I really think it crosses all the t's and dots the lower case j's.

Those fins are nothing compared to what the french came up with during the same time :D

[​IMG]

Ultimate ricer exhaust too. That is without a doubt one of my favourite cars of all time. (Although, so is the 33/2...)

I think the 60's LeMans cars were the height of car design - so many truly stunning cars from around then. The 60s and 70s must've yielded the most beautiful cars 'per unit time' than any other time frame IMO. Todays cars are nice, but very few compare to old cars in my eyes.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008