should I get a lawyer?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by T1tan, Mar 10, 2008.

1. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    lol, I only addressed the possibility if he was threatened. Or wants to play knight in shining armor.

As for the gf part, well if she was really bothered by the guy, then she wouldn't talk to him. Seems not to be the case.

They really need to deal with this crap like adults.

2. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    Well then we are in complete agreement.

3. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    This was originally about harassment, not threats...

4. worthy

worthy Master Guru

GPU:
    2 ATI hd 4870 512s
    Fact of the day:

If stupidity these days were a commodity to invest in, and with each subsequent generation it continued to follow the current trend, I would be richer than that facebook a-hole.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008

5. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    And there in lies the problem with the whole thing. The GF actions have largely negated any substantiated claim of harassment/ stalking etc.

She needs to change her number and or not respond AT ALL to text man's swooning. If she does that and text man starts calling/ texting endlessly, showing up at her home or work, begins to make threats THEN we can talk about harassment or stalking.

Every time she responds she is giving text man the attention he needs.

After reading all of Supertitanman's posts and applying a little deductive reasoning I'm beginning to wonder if the GF isn't just telling this guy to bugger off because Supertitanman wants her too.

The whole thing makes me want to lose my lunch.

6. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    OMG if you can't handle this little "school yard" tiff about "but he was talkin' to my GF!??" then good luck with real life. :rolleyes:
    Oh, and get a laywer. You obviously can't deal on you own. Besides, who knows what kind of "legal" battles you will get into when end up hittin' the bars or going out and about on your own. :rolleyes:

The answer is easy. Appologise to the kid for threatening him and save the convo. Bang no more legal issues. Then if sh!t still "goes down" the way you dramatized it and they won't stop calling each other, go to the cops.(jokes) Just be a man and loose the flooze. She obviously likes to cause you grief.
    So in short, GROW UP.

7. ManicOne

ManicOne Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS 5850 Crossfire
    Agreed fellas, as soon as I heard "she won't stop texting him" it became pretty obvious what's going on. Say sorry and forget about it. Maybe lose the girl too.

8. quadroplex780

quadroplex780 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 8800GTS 640 eXtreme SLi
    I think the kid was desperate for some maternal or sisterly love which he saw in your girlfriend for him LOL.
    If he continues to haress you simply do this-Dress a guy in a suit looking like the best lawyer in town and then wait for the kid at some place he visits often and then tell him that you have filed a case against him for haressement but u are ready to negotiate do some fake paperwork showing the necessary data.The kid will pee in his pants.
    Just kidding:D

9. shades3k

shades3k Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4870 512MB
    Intelligence -1

10. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    I got that feeling too...

It could be as benign as she just feels sorry for the guy, and is too nice/intimidated to tell him to quit.

Or she actually likes the attention, and only complains enough to her BF to cover any guilty feelings for enjoying it.

OP <<
    In the end there is only one recourse.
    Tell the GF to stop messaging/block the number.
    Be assertive about it. Don't be an ass, but be just intense enough so that if she can't be mean to the guy, that she has enough of a push to get over it.
    (Definitely **don't push her more than once**, don't yell, be moderated and calm, don't get emotional, just be quite serious. Just tell her once loud and clear, in a way that can't be confused. Make sure she knows that you're clearly asking her to do this for you, for real. then let it go).
    Don't let it turn into a conversation/argument. Tell and end the topic. Any conversation can only turn against you for being a controlling dick.
    From then on ignore it. Let whatever happens happen. If she wants to be with you she will be. If she likes the guy, it's honestly not your business to get in her way. Just de4l with it.

-scheherazade

11. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    The way I see it is if she really loves you and you know she loves you and you know that she does you shouldn't be worried about her leaveing you.Now since he kept sending those strange/suspicious text messages I would teach him a lesson in life (which would be a butt kicking in the ally).

12. quadroplex780

quadroplex780 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 8800GTS 640 eXtreme SLi
    Send a hooker/stripper to the kid's house when he is not home but his parents are,tell the hooker to ask the parents that she's a hooker/striper and was paid by a kid named "The one u have problem with" for her services on the follwing day but due to change of plans she showed up a day earlier.
    The kid will be in great trouble.
    :banana:

13. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Excellent advice. Lets hope he follows.

14. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    yeah thats good advice.

Here's exactly what I did, I told her to not respond to him under any circumstance. He did in fact keep on texting her with no reply from my gf and she has sent me every text he's sending her. He texts her stuff like "OMG Dana I hate myself and seriously I don't want any beef with your boy friend because I'm not a fighter and he's got anger issues, I just need advice on how to handle what morgaine did to me" blah blah blah , basically this kid is a low blower homosexual in my eyes.

The whole thing has died off because no one has spoken about this from yesterday and i'm about 100% positive that no authority would get involved. But I realllyyy handled myself good because from the **** this guy has told me...

What kind of dude makes fun of you because he goes to a better college and has a 3.0 GPA, and says he wears more expensive clothes then me. I'm not a fighter and I rarely ever ever do that, but I do know when I see a person who is unfamiliar with this situation. Guys that I hang out with or just the average kid in college will not bring up and financial matter, your family, what you wear.. I mean this is how girls fight!

A proper dude fight is "dude your gf is ugly, or "hey man I love your car" or make fun of his physical appearance, but never bring up "hey man I have more $ than you or your mom is an alcoholic and your clothes suck.. and when I get out of college I'm looking to get a 6 figure job and my dad has his own business." what really pissed me off about this dude is that he like went straight for the throat with me, stuff that a woman is aloud to do because she has no other offense but this kid is like 6'2 240lbs! He's not a little guy at all.. straight up he is a momma's boy little brat biotch with stupid long blonde hair that smoked weed 69 times a day and all he does is talk about weed..

sorry about my rant i needed to get some crap off my chest but we used to be good friends, and even then everyone was suspicious that he was gay until this whole wave of drugs hit my neighborhood (we all went from HS to college) and everyone started smoking and I stopped talking to this kid because he's a loser and by chance he started *SPAM* my gf's best friend. Damn this kid is staying on my **** list for a while..

PS: and he crys..

and the advice i got from my buddies which i didnt follow was "dude lets beat his ass!" oh man, i seriously miss being 17

15. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    i loled

16. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    Only in America... Bloody hell guy(s), has nobody figured it out yet... If you ignore pathetic little people they go away, telling him that you're going to beat his arse or whatever just gives him a buzz 'cause it's affecting you. If your girlfriend keeps replying then tell her to deal with it herself and stop wasting your time!

17. shades3k

shades3k Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4870 512MB
    ban list +1.

relief +1,000,000

Seriously. This thread is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

18. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    Didn't I mention the defense mechanism - Freudian Projection? :3eyes:

19. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    lol, agreed Jack.

heh, freud would be bored by this. Most likely he'd say," Son, maybe you need to check your own insecurities before you use homosexuality as a commentary about anything."

20. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Ugh. Just sort it out yourselves.

Anyway if you're so sure he's gay why are you getting so wound up about him texting?