169.44 from EVGA

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by accma, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Alcom

Alcom Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 5850 1gb
    These are probably the best of the 169.xx series drivers. I've added 169.44 to my running log of Unreal Tournament 3 benchmarks.

I'm still most fond of the 174.xx series, although the performance gains have leveled off lately. Around the time the game was released, the performance increases were huge!

http://www.alcomsplace.com

2. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    lol why did they put patch that fixes 100 stuff but ruin 1 thing i can see very clear, even clearer. no freaki'n rear wheels :O

[​IMG]

3. FrenchKiss

FrenchKiss Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4090 XLR8
    WTF is this? Oo
    Maybe the Crytek team ate them lol

4. Googashlak

Googashlak Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 275 1792MB
    LOL that's crazy. Can you still drive it? :cop:

5. murphy46

murphy46 Member

GPU:
    ZOGIS GTX 260 C216
    I Will post a new thead in crysis forums to the 2 wheels car. I have exactly the same bug

6. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    X7007 etc,

Rear wheels missing for me also.

When i use driver 17XXX.31

Not gonna loose sleep over it though.:)

Vandals stole the rear wheels, you would off thought theyd of put it up on bricks though.

7. lambi42

lambi42 Member Guru

GPU:
    8800 gts 512 @ 740/1860/997
    Same thing with 169.44 ^^

8. dune2

dune2 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    According to the German site pcgh.de, the new combo of 189.44 drivers and Crysis patch 1.2 does provide in increase in the Crysis benchmark results but seems to provide no real increase in FPS when you actually play the game.
    Hmm... Honi soit qui mal y pense

9. mangoo-

mangoo- Member

GPU:
    Start a new game and the missing tires will be solved. I just tried it.

10. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I think this driver causing alot NVdsy display errors at least happend alot with Juiced 2 HIN.

well it happens on NFS Carbon too.

i think its the driver.

I installed 169.25 WHQL english , and it did not happen for more than 1hr, before it happend after 3 min of gaming or so.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008

11. Googashlak

Googashlak Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 275 1792MB
    lol nice.

12. Moegames

Moegames Guest

These are very solid drivers.. running Crysis 1.2 on Vista 64bit, I gained around 5 fps after a hour of testing lol.. i have a few save points in Crysis i use to test drivers.. so i know for sure i gained a good solid 5fps with these drivers.

Also these drivers seem very good for Crysis and its terrible fps drops that go up and down in certain area's.. these drivers really help stablize that out big time. Though i really dig the 174 series..these drivers seem the best so far and COD4 runs very well with these drivers as well. I get a solid 60FPS in COD4 @1920x1080 .. i have a home theater pc so i use that resolution as its the max that my hdtv can handle as far as pixel for pixel.

Everyone's system is unique no matter what.. so just because one person says they run like crap doesnt mean it'll run like crap for the next guy

13. Collettyesitis

Collettyesitis Member

Is this driver forceware?

It's soon 3 months since nvidias last foreware driver to the 8000 series. I really hate nvidia's driver updates. Start to release new driver every month!

14. Raidflex

Raidflex Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti SLI @1300/7500
    These drivers dont have support for 1920x1080P. I installed the drivers and I have no option to choose 1920X1080 maxes out at 1280X768. All of the 174 drivers and all other previous drivers did not have this problem time to go back.

Nvidia really needs to get on top of the driver releases, this was one of the reasons I went back to ATI in the past because of poor nvidia driver support. At least with ATI drivers they were released pretty much on a month basis. Its been almost 3 months since the last driver release.

15. btdvox

btdvox Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 690 - +135%/+100/+200
    Have had some issues with this driver-
    One that ive never seen before, might not be the dirver = tho im positive it is-
    I had my computer idling or a whille after i did a dsk chk- for about 2 hrs on desk top which isnt that much at all- and i shut down my computer and reboot it and i got a weird glitch like a white line under my taskbar in vista 32 bit. I restarted the computer again and it went away-

As I said its prob just an OS glitch or a anomoly but could be driver related as ive never seen the issue before-
    Its definitely not my Video cards (2 8800 ultras SLI) as I played Crysis for more than 2 hrs straight lol.

16. Raidflex

Raidflex Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti SLI @1300/7500
    I also tried this on my media center PC with an Nvidia 8600GT and it also exibited some weird isses, including at least one BSOD and the same issue that I have on my gaming rig.

The only thing that is the same between the two rigs is SP1 for vista, which I have a feeling is what is causing issues with this particular driver.