ForceWareUltra resurrected - Coming soon to a computer near you!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by Menion, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Menion

Menion Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 5870
    Hey everyone!

I'm happy to announce that I've resurrected my long lost ForceWareUltra project. The old project went down the drain after a HDD-crash where I lost all of the codes to the installation files and tweaks.

For the past week I've been recoding everything from scratch, and this time it's been a lot smoother, much thanks to the experience I gained when developing the previous version. It will feature the same sleek interface as before, and sport the following features:

• New installer coded from scratch
    • Built on solid and foolproof technology (NSIS+DPInst)
    • Support for both 32bit and 64bit architecture
    • Support for all versions of Windows, including Vista
    • Built-in driver cleaner
    • Refined localization of drivers
    • Tweak profiles (Quality, Balanced, Performance, Original)
    • ... more to come

I am thinking about releasing the installer under Open Source license to help further the development, and also to offer the tweaking community a solid driver installation system.

I am currently on the lookout for people who want to be in the alpha testing team - and help me finish a working beta which will be a first public release. If you are interested, please mail me at marcus.ekwall@gmail.com with the folllowing details: Name, Occupation, OS, Graphic card and a motivation as to why I should consider you to join the alpha testing team.

Best regards,

Menion

2. Richard_Noggin

Richard_Noggin Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GT 512MB
  3. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Wow! Last I heard of these was back in '06, if memory serves.
    Good luck with everything mate!

4. FNK

FNK Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    Great news! Can't wait, as I liked most of your previous releases. You'll have a great amount of work as it's pooring driver right now!

5. QuadCannons

QuadCannons Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 210
    Yeah your driver is definitely coming in at a perfect time:) Good luck

6. Menion

Menion Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 5870
    This is just hilarious... I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

One day after I posted this thread my spanking brand new Raptor HDDs together with a WD 500GB went poof. Literally.

It happened right after I connected the 500GB HDD. They were all on the same power connector which is why all of them died. The only conclusion I can make out of it is that one of the Raptor disks were faulty, and it was just a coincided that it blew up right after I connected the 500GB HDD.

Anyway, got myself all new drives on the guarantee, but lost everything on the drives, which also means I lost the ForceWareUltra files (once more).

Even though this is a set back I'm not going to quit. I've already started again, and with a fresh memory of how the stuff works it won't take long before I'm at the same point as before the crash!

Bare with me! :)

7. FNK

FNK Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    Wow this S..k!
    Who needs backup anyway ;)

8. Menion

Menion Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 5870
    Haha, yeah... I was actually planning on buying an external HDD this week to use for backup. I wasn't really counting on three new drives blowing up in my face! ;)

I'm actually close to releasing a first alpha of version 2.0. I just need to try out the tweaks etc. I've already added support for both 32bit and 64bit, for 2000/XP and Vista.

But since I'm not running Vista myself I need someone to try those out for me.

9. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Im up for Vista 64 Alpha Test :)

10. Richard_Noggin

Richard_Noggin Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GT 512MB
    Damn learn how to backup stuff.

11. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Keeps screaming in my mind CD or DVD backups! lol anyways good luck on your task.

12. TheBroker

TheBroker Active Member

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GeForce 8800GTX's
    Sounds great!

13. HarryRag

HarryRag Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX680-DC2O-2GD5
    i'm available for alpha testing, good way to give some feed to my driverholicness.

but before that, good luck on rebuilding all the lost material, any valuable files or info should be at least on 2 diff places and rather 3, 2 diff drives and a good backup on cd or memorystick

14. kageon1

kageon1 New Member

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 7600GT SLi (2x)
    Hey Menion,
    Long time lurker here, glad to see you back! I'd like to be part of alpha testing but I was wondering if you would consider tweaking the 94.24 XP WHQL drivers before the current 169.xx/171.xx+ drivers? I'm currently running a multi-boot setup and I prefer to use the 93.71/94.24 drivers on my XP partition since it has the Classic Control Panel and Coolbits working. But of course I'd love to test the current drivers on my Vista partition as well. Thanks man. :)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  15. Menion

Menion Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 5870
    Alright! Just giving you some heads up on how the development is going...

I am currently working on the driver cleaning and installation part, and I've run into a couple of issues that I'm trying to resolve. I'm slowly progressing to the first alpha release.

I've gotten driver installation to work just fine, it's the cleaning and device detection that's giving me a headache. :)

Cheers!

16. kortik

kortik Active Member

17. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Guest

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    Man. The last FWU's were SOOOOO long ago (84.xx right?). Can't wait to see what you got to offer.

=D

18. Menion

Menion Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 5870
    Yeah, it sure was... I've been missing the project, but never had the time or motivation to work on it until now! I hope I'll be able to deliver. People sure seem to have high expectations, which is nice because that proves I did something right, but it also puts a lot of pressure on me :)

19. otaku

otaku Guest

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    nice ideas. hope it starts going smoother for you

20. Menion

Menion Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 5870
    Alright, I'm happy to announce that I've managed to fix most of the issues...

I've now contact those who applied to be in the alpha testing team (astounding 4 persons!), and the testing will begin. I know it works on XP x86, but will need to try on 64bit, Vista and SLI-solutions.