Bill Gates Could....

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Solinari, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Solinari

Solinari Guest

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    ...Spend 2 million dollars every day for 75 years and still be a billionaire at the end of it.

I came across a rich list that said in January 2007 Bill Gates had a net worth of around 56 BILLION dollars, that is 56 thousand million dollars. If he were to spend $2 million dollars every day for 75 years he would have about $1.2 billion left, for the kids.

Of course he is 52 now, but as usual with (ridiculously) rich people they usually live quite long, so let's say he will live to 89 (and a ½) he could spend FOUR million dollars every day and he would still be able to leave the kids 1.2 BILLION dollars.

I couldn't fathom just how much money that was so i thought 'how long could he spend a million dollars a day for?', it turned out to be 153 years. I am still second guessing my calculation and i have done it a few times to make sure, it is a disgusting amount of money, utterly obscene.

56 billion is 56 000 000 000, divide that by 356 days then 1 000 000 and you get 153 years. I am correct, right?

2. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    they make money like crazy!!!!!!!
    its madness!!!
    madness i tell ya!

3. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Congrats to Bill.A great success story.May every business venture be so successful.
    He's one of the largest charity donors in the world too.

4. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    its stupid in a way...

he should give money to "normal" people

5. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    That kind of thinking is dangerous.
    You must have more money than some people.Should you be forced to give it to them?

6. Solinari

Solinari Guest

GPU:
    Pretty hard not to be a huge charity donor, he is probably better off donating to charity because of the tax relief he would get.

I was just stunned that some one could be so rich they could spend millions of dollars every single day for decades, it's just unimaginable. And it puts that kind of money into perspective.

One of a few people in the world that can say, 'i am giving up work for philanthropy'.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  7. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    If all the rich people gave away 1 million dollars each, they would solve the "poor"

no one would starve....They have Plenty of money

8. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    WHY do they need all the money again?

9. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Well, lets see....
    You make a million, then set a good example for us by giving it away to some stranger.
    I'm sure it isn't a matter of 'needing ' it, rather, a matter of having earned it in most cases.(except the ones who roguesn1per gave it to :) )

Hell, I'm happy winning five bucks on a scratch off, a million would only complicate matters :nerd:

10. sOLja_sLiM504

sOLja_sLiM504 Member

GPU:
    Ati Radeon HD 2600xt 256 MB GDDR 4
    agreed.

11. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Palerider
    im talking millionairs....not low life people like me..

me? i have no money...0....none....gone...so i aint giving anything away.

Millionairs have...well..millions....

12. sOLja_sLiM504

sOLja_sLiM504 Member

GPU:
    umm, gonna have to agree again..

13. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    i thought bill gates was was 2billion now maybe im mistaken.

Lol in cases like this fires using $1000 bills as firelight makes so much sense

I heard somewhwere that if he was to jump out of a plane at like 30 000ft or something like that he would fall alway to the floor with kingsize matress piled up along side him all the way to the ground filled with 100 dollar bills

i was watching forbes richlist damn steven speilberg is aboloutly raking it in

14. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    If poverty is abolished and all people on the earth become healthy, productive members of the world community equipped with proper education and work experiences, it will become very difficult to manipulate people into waging wars for profit since nobody will be willing to risk their comfortable lives for some stupid nut warmonger.
    Also, if world peace is achieved, all the industries that exist just to support the war efforts will collapse which will cause a major kickback in the world economy.
    So, no matter how hard politicians blab their mouths about supporting democracy, freedom and equal human rights for all, world peace will never happen simply because a lot of wealth is accumulated from profits of waging wars and from the ease of manipulation of the weak, poor and uneducated people.

15. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    Yes congrats to Bill !

16. Solinari

Solinari Guest

GPU:
    His net worth is definitely 56 billion dollars, i saw a List of billionaires (2007) then confirmed it on Forbes.com.

Of course it doesn't mean he has 56 billion dollars to hand in a current account, it takes all his assets in to account and i imagine a good few of those would be estimated values.

I am still second guessing this calculation waiting for some one to say, you made a mistake. $2 million a day for 75 years (or £1 million), reminds me of Brewster's Millions or something.

17. sOLja_sLiM504

sOLja_sLiM504 Member

GPU:
    I feel u, **** is definitely crazy! I neither can fathom having that much money, thought I'd like to :)

18. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    charity lol 100 billion dollars of that was given to him from someone else if he was so charitable why is he living in a 50 million dollar house with paintings costing over 20million dollars i think that money could have helped many people in need. Plus hes ripped alot of small buisiness's out. Stole halo from MAC, most the features on XP were from MAC.

19. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    [​IMG]

20. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    I know it's a Bill Gates thread, but just curious, Who else's money do you guys have a right to?
    I'd like some of Prince Charles' cash.He's a dork, so he don't deserve it.Actually now that I think of it, I'd like prince Harry's too.