New beta version discussion

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ourasi

Ourasi Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    If you wan't to make some money or get some free HD3870's, e-mail some ATI partners like Powercolor etc. to make a deal putting their logo inside ATT. There are so many using this software that having your brand inside is surely money in the bank...

2. deviantchild

deviantchild New Member

GPU:
    Hercules 9800XT Classic 256MB
    upgraded to display driver 8.2 (8-2_xp32_dd_58128.exe)
    still getting "error setting rotation mode!" (ati tray tools v1.3.6.1067)
    tried deleting and recreating another hotkey combo, to no avail

32bit windows xp pro with beta sp3 (v3300)
    hercules classic 9800xt 256mb agp
    uli agp/pcie controller using agp v3.0 driver from uli* integrated driver pack v2.20
    *now nvidia owned and i'm not expecting any more releases from them

3. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I just tested ATT on Win XP SP2 and Win XP 64 SP2. No problems with rotating. Strange that you got that error

4. deviantchild

deviantchild New Member

GPU:
    thanks for testing, ray
    however, i realise that i neglected to point out that i also never had any problem running att under sp2
    it seems to have only been due to the xp sp3 install or recent ati driver installs that i have acquired this issue, and as many other people will be using new drivers plus att it's looking more like something in sp3
    just to note that, previous to beta sp3, i already had all relevant and available sp2 updates installed according to belarc advisor. so it seems like the fault of something else introduced with sp3 aside from the normal combined hotfix/updates that it supercedes
    whatever it is, it's really annoying :(

5. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Lets wait for official SP3. But I don't think that Microsoft has changed some important part of video drivers in SP which prevent rotating of screen. What monitor do you have?

6. deviantchild

deviantchild New Member

GPU:
    17" plug and play lcd via plain old vga connector
    aspect ratio 5:4 | 1280*1024 max res
    i've tried rotation at both 60 and 75hz

logically i'd also think sp3 had nothing to do with it, but i can't be sure since it managed to break the opengl functionality of my ati display driver when i installed it, until i reinstalled the driver over the top of sp3 again

i run very few xp services on this machine. is there any dependency that i could be neglecting here? strange thing is that it worked fine without those same services before

7. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
    I'm using ATT for a long time now and i love it.
    Yesterday i bought the AGP version of the HD3850 and i know ATT is not supporting this card.

My question is if i can still use ATT to change the drivers settings?

And do i have to change something in ATT to use those driver settings(AA,AF,V-Sync etc. etc.)? For example in the advanced tweaks section or somewhere else?

I'm using beta 1067 btw.

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  8. Conquerz

Conquerz Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores
    Hi.

I'm using Radeon Omega Drivers v3.8.252 in Vista 32bit on my Toshiba A60 Satellite Pro laptop that has ATI Mobility 7000 IGP graphics card. I'm having two problems:

1) I've tried the version of ATI Tray Tools that came with the drivers I mentioned and also the latest version 1.3.6.1042. In both cases, I am getting the follwing problem:

When ATI Tray Tools (atitray.exe) is running in memory, Internet Explorer (iexplorer.exe) has trouble functioning. ATT works fine, but the CPU usage for IE goes to 100%. The memory usage for all processes is normal. I can use firefox without problems but not IE. I've disabled firewall but didn't fix.

As soon as you exit ati tray tools, internet explorer begins to function normally. Someone was having the same problem in winXP (here).

(I'm having some issues with geting ATT to run at all in standard user accounts, but that's another issue.)

2) I'm also getting a blue screen mentioning ati2dvag.dll whenever I try to shutdown, restart, sleep or hibernate the laptop. The only way to shut off the laptop is by hard reset or shut off during boot.

Does anyone know the fix? Please note, since my laptop is few years old, the Omega drivers are the only ones I've had sucess with on Vista32 (apart from the blue screen issue) so I can't try any others.

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  9. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Yes you can. Just disable overclocking.

2 Conquerz.

1. Use last beta version where i've fixed issue with IE7 protected mode

2. Disable I2C procedures in atitray.ini

10. Conquerz

Conquerz Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores
    Hi.

I2C was already disabled. The latest beta did the trick. Thanks.

I had to run atitray.exe with admin privileges and in WinXP SP2 mode though.

I just want to point out that ATI Tray Tools doesn't start automatically in Vista. Windows Defender blocks it.

I can use Task Schedular to overcome this problem for my own account. But for other accounts, if I use task schedular, I see atitray.exe running in task manager, but no icon in system tray.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008

11. Bhairava

Bhairava Guest

GPU:
    2x 5850
    edit: sorry wrong section.

12. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    WD blocks a lot of things :) Say thanks to Billy

13. totya

totya Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH4850 512MB
    Kaspersky too block ur application under XP. (Invader loader).

14. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    How it block ? What error it show? Can you post any information from Kaspersky log?
    If guyz from Kaspersky decided to block exactly ATT, I will try to ask them why :)

15. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950

16. Dwarden

Dwarden Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2048MB
    HD3870

with latest drivers 8.1> (8.2 beta, 8.2, post 8.2) and XP SP3 (any build) i get sometimes random BSOD (when using ATT)

it happens in moment game starts (guess the ATT detection/injection routines)

no 'compatibility' tweak in ATT (disable OSD, agressive detection etc) ... helps ... only not using ATT at all ...

ofc i'm fully aware of ATT not being tested on 3xxx serie but i would like to hear if i'm alone or not

17. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    RivaTuner seems to have gotten the fan control to work without a bios change. But I'm waiting for you to get it to work on ATT Ray. Can't wait, thanks for all your hard work.

When is your card suppose to arrive? I love my HD3850.

18. totya

totya Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH4850 512MB
    Object: C:\Program Files\Ray Adams\ATI Tray Tools\atitray.exe
    Component: Proactive Defense
    Invader (loader) C:\Program Files\Ray Adams\ATI Tray Tools\kbdhook.dll
    Invader (loader) C:\Program Files\Ray Adams\ATI Tray Tools\raphook.dll

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.