Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    1. The Prelude has very high sound quality and sounds better then Creative X-fi's.
    2. Yes those are still in the drivers..
    3. Yes, the drivers are much leaner overall then Creative's cards.
    4. It only has the 20KX series...(X-fi DSP)....NO 8788 chip..

Good luck with your purchase.
    BTW, Creative cards are much better then onboard and Auzens cards are much better then Creatives. What speakers system are you using?

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  2. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Atm some unknown 2.0 speakers (JBL Pro), but my hearing is pretty good and i noticed going from X-Fi to onboard very well, in a bad way. ;) Got these speakers since 2001 already for €10, but they still produce a better punch in sound than most expensive 2.0 sets nowadays.

I'm planning to get a Logitech Z5500 set later on.

3. orgnlprankster7

orgnlprankster7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8800GTS 512
    is anybody else getting poping and crackling when changing song in WMP11 and just surfing the web? i have the control panel set to 50% volume, and i have swaped pci slots but nothing works. beetween that DDL cutting out every 10 min this card is starting to drive me nuts, even my onboard didnt make this much random noise :bang:

4. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Do you have SVM turned on? If yes, then turn it off. SVM is just a normalizer and sometimes when you're not listening to anything, SVM just amplifies the noise of the card, which will be quite annoying. Turning off SVM solves the problem.

That was really sometimes the case with my previous X-Fi.

5. orgnlprankster7

GPU:
    Evga 8800GTS 512
    hmm, even with all the enhancments off it still makes the noise, it even crackles with 2.1 analog.

im not very knowledgeable when it comes to audio, could it have anything to do with the vista sound panel? i have it set to 24bit 96khz and "speakers" set to default 5.1 running over optical to my reciver.

the only last thing i could think of is i have a different revision card that might have some issues. mine came with a black PCB instead of the normal brown i was expecting to see.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216

Try Muting all your inputs your not using. So if your not using the Mic, line-in etc..mute them all. If they are left "floating: they can pick up noise. This may be your trouble...Goodluck.

7. orgnlprankster7

GPU:
    Evga 8800GTS 512
    thanks ill give it a shot

8. lemongalaxy

lemongalaxy New Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800GT
    Yes, this is the cause of your problem. I experienced the same thing. I'm afraid you'll have to go back to 16bit 48KHz.
    This is a strange problem as maxing out the quality works fine for a little while (perhaps until a reboot) but then suddenly these popping sounds and distortions materialize.

9. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    I just installed my Prelude and i must say: WOW!!! Everything sounds even better than on my X-Fi. :)

Even the Crystalizer sounds 100x better than with my original X-Fi. Now i know what i missed. :banana:

I'm planning to install my previous X-Fi in my gf's rig. She's using Vista 64 with an Audigy 1 now.

10. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Can't wait to get mine, still waiting. :p

11. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Kiss your Realtek goodbye!! :) Welcome to the Auzentech Camp. :D

One question about ALchemy with the Prelude: From the Auzentech website, ALchemy 1.00.11 can be downed for the Prelude, but for X-Fi cards, version 1.00.30 is out and i can't install that one, because the installer whines about not finding an X-Fi product.

That's a little sloppy tbh, because also the auto update feature in the Azentech ALchemy program DL's the update from Creative, but is unable to install. :3eyes:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes, it is pretty hard to go back to anything less after hearing the sound quality produced by the Prelude. Todays onboard are much better then they were BUT they still can't hold a candle to the Auzen Prelude.

13. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    do what i did, modd it to work with your prelude, by copy over the support.cab and the eng cab into your 1.11 alchemy.

that what i did to get the 1.30 alchemy and then i copy over the dll then installed it.

14. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    I connected a 5.1 set on my Prelude, but i have a problem.

The subwoofer isn't adding bass in Entertainment Mode, even when Bass Redirecting is on (also with +15DB).

I also enabled CMSS3D to surround, no avail. Setting to Game Mode fixes my problem, but i can't get any bass in Entertainment Mode. I didn't had this problem with my X-Fi XGamer Fatal Pro. Bass was redirected to my subwoofer also using CMSS3D.

Anyone had this problem as well? Music sound so bassless in E-mode, but hollow in Game Mode.

EDIT: Some dudes in another forum suggested installing the THX Console, but this is no Creative card. Is the're a way to force installing THX Console?

EDIT2: YES!!!!! I got the Bass Redirecting enabled and working in Entertainment Mode for 5.1 in Vista 64!! :)

Here's what you should do:

Go to Windows Playback Devices, then press Configure for the speakers, set the speakers to 5.1 and press next, just tick all speakers listed here press next, this is the thing that enables Bass Redirecting in Entertainment Mode! Leave the Surround Speakers UNTICKED.

Like this:

[​IMG]

Doing that gives my Bass Redirection with my analog 5.1 set in Entertainment Mode. Ticking Surround Speakers disables the Subwoofer so it seems.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  15. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    try setting the speakers from full range to normal range in the vista sound options. in control panel. in the speaker config.

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You have your fronts set for full range SO...Vista figures you don't need or have a sub.
    Could be wrong but I am pretty sure that is why you have the issues you have. Goodluck.

17. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Yeah, it's working now. I have Bass Redirection in Entertainment Mode, but now i have a problem in TF2 in Game Mode. Almost no bass. When firing rockets it sounds bassless, just flat. I've set speakers to 5.1 in TF2. :bang:

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Do you have Bass redirect setup in Game mode also?

19. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Yes, i did that as well. When a level in TF2 is loaded and when i fire the first rocket, the bass is added, but the bass keeps in some kind of a loop, so i would hear a bass noise. After the first shot, the sound sounds flat.

So weird since i never had that with my X-Fi (also using 5.1 and Vista 64).

20. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Almost sound like a game glitch. You bass is fine in the rest of your games?