9800 GTX revealed photos/specs and it looks garbage

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Rich_Guy, Feb 25, 2008.

1. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    if this is true, then i understand nvidia...the real competition will be between ati HD4xxx and G100, the geforce9 series is g92...so this card is released as a competitor to HD3870x2..

why are you people crying about, i really don't understand...it's like we have so many games that need very powerful video cards and we don't have the cards...when we only have problems with just a game(crysis), and the problems is that it doesn't run in 60fps in high details, just 30fps...wich is the same ****..

2. N00bst3r

N00bst3r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 OC
    gone

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  3. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    well that clearly is bs, seeing as it's over half a year old

4. N00bst3r

N00bst3r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 OC
    lol, my bad didnt see the date on it :( . Dont hurt me please

5. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    :whip: you love it really

tbh, I wish those rumours from way back when had just come out now, it would seem a lot more realistic for a gtx

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Jumps we saw with previous generation cards were due to architecture performance changes. The G82 had a completely redefined core architecture which is why it was so much faster. Unfortunately they hit a optimization cap, nvidia said when the 8800 came out that they were going to use the same arch for future generations. The only thing they can do now is improve in speed + number of SP's.

I would take any specs you see now with a grain of salt though, I've seen way to many different "versions" of the 9800GTX in the past year to even care what some site like VRzone has to say. And personally, a lot of you guys are a little immature in the way you feel nvidia "owes" us. They don't owe us anything, if you don't like their product then don't buy it.

7. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    about the 9800GTX pic, how long is a 8800GTX/Ultra? i know my GTS' are 9' long, and that the 9800GTX is "supposed" to be 10.5' :3eyes:

just trying to maybe gather some more evidence for that pic being afake, which im really beginging to think it is!

8. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    i agree only it can be a buy a 8 series play and then introduce a killer and everyone will try to upgrade to that

9. Somn Bizar

Somn Bizar Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 560 Ti
    Latest rumours
    http://en.expreview.com/2008/02/23/more-details-on-9800gtx/

The 9800 GTX has 512 mb of GDDR 3,clocks are:core 675,shader 1688,memory 1100MHz(times 2 so 2,2 Ghz).The manufacturing tech is still 65 nm cause it's a G92 core.Come on people if this is 8800 GTS(G92)on steroids it might even beat the HD 3870 x2.Think about it in many benchmarks the 8800 GTS even beats the HD 3870 x2 in lower resolutions.Let's see the benchmarks and then judge.Now if you ask me i'm dissapointed it doesn't have 1Gb GDDR4 and a 512 bit bus and 200+ SPUs.Still this looks better for 3 way Sli then a power hungry and very expensive 8800 Ultra....

10. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I wonder if there is some issue with the G92 and 512bit memory bus? I mean why wouldn't they use it on their new top dog card. If the GTS had a 512bit memory bus and 768mb of memory or 1Gb then it would make the 8800 Ultra cry. Why would they bottleneck the new high end card?

11. N00bst3r

N00bst3r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 OC
    Dont want to rain on your parade but if you look at the picture the GPU-Z says its an 8800GTS 512 ...... whats that i smell in the air.... oh its bull****

12. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Not to rain on your parade, but

I think I went about it a little more civil though.

13. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    even if they were drunk during the whole past yr they could have came up with somethin better :p, anyway i agree with aLEx_nv that there is nothin atm need much graphic horse power

14. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

It could just be that gpu-z doesn't recognise the new hardware and so just defaults to the 8800gts as it's a g92 core.

15. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    You've obviously never played Crysis or you don't have a monitor that supports high resolutions. Running at 1920x1200 x8AA x16AF is a rough task on a lot of new games for a lot of video cards.

16. Renzeko

Renzeko Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 570 1.2GB
    Well I currently have an X1950 Pro, so an upgrade to a 9800 GTX would be a good idea, but for those of you that currently have a 8800GTX or an Ultra, an upgrade to the 9 series would probably be pointless, unless your super rich!

But for me, I might upgrade to the GTX, or wait for the G100(if that is even true)

But I hate waiting, my friends 9600 GT runs CoH and FEAR at max setting with 4x antialisasing, 16x AS on his 19" widescreen (probly why) and it runs perfectly, my X1950 pro craps itself on dem :(

But other than that, this is totally fake, I dont believe any prerelease bull****!

17. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Oh come on people get a brain! Of course this is false information and some of you believe everything you read! First of all nvidia would sue this vendor/testor for leaking information without the approval of nvidia. This entire thread is pure rubish :) Now if you want a educated OPINION with a source inside nvidia the 9800 gtx will be g92 512bit bus 1gb memory 160 shaders and clock rates unknown. Again that is a educated opinion from a source that is a friend of mine.

18. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    dam i really dont know how im gonna buy this 9800 gtx , i made a world record of buing 2 vga in one yr (7950gx2 & 8800 gt) . im really gona look like a dork if a i buy a third vga card espacially that my father keep tellin me to make a better use of my money than playin video games :p

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  19. thejamppa

thejamppa Master Guru

GPU:
    eVga GTX 460 768mb SC
    Educated opinion of my friend says aliens build pyramid's... We'll see when things are released. But why should we believe your friend? Maybe your friend has been lying to you and these are real numbers?

20. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    [​IMG]

Anyone know what card is really ?

:3eyes: