RivaTuner 2.07 approaching

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 4, 2008.

1. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Yes it does.

2. jtrageser

jtrageser Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX260-216
    I didn't run into any issues with the Alpha version either Unwinder. I've been actively testing it since you've given it to me and trying every scenario possible, and so far, I haven't had any issues. Seems to be a pretty solid release, for my system anyway. I'd like to test the beta version for you as well, see if I run into any issues with that, but I just want you to know that I have been testing it, and if I were to find any problems, I would have definitely let you know. I can't seem to produce any problems with it on my system. Not at all. Everything seems to work without issues. I've set up scheduling, the launcher, overclocked, tweaked, etc... still no issues to this day since you gave it to me. I was just using it while playing a game. It does exactly what it's supposed to without any issues. Well, if you don't mind, I'd like to test the beta version for you also. Let me know :) Thanks mate :)

3. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Please do me a favor. Setup the OSD to launch via a hotkey and turn off via a hotkey. Start a game(s) (Crysis ?) and tell me if the game will minimize to the taskbar if you use your hotkeys.

Thanks !

4. Qwixt

Qwixt New Member

GPU:
    ATI 3870x2
    I am anxiously awaiting this version, so that I can use the fan portion to cool down my new 3870x2.

5. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    Too bad some so-called gurus can't be bothered to read instead of asking. :rolleyes:

Anyway, all I was waiting for was the support for the latest drivers. Good job as usual, Unwinder! Keep it up!

6. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    "some so called guru's" who you talking about mate?

7. r2rX

r2rX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 480
    This is good stuff, Unwinder...I am impressed and I appreciate RT alot. A true life saver. ;)

I did want to bring about a request if possible. Is there any chance of adding the ability to create hotkeys that increase, say Brightness, up and down real-time and progressive without necessarily having to create a hotkey for a "profile" (i.e. increase brightness and what ever it is set to, create a hotkey for those values specifically).

...something like: if you want to increase or decrease brightness, a user can hotkey Ctrl+Alt+B to increase the brightness progressively, and Ctrl+Shift+B to decrease the brightness progressively; can even set Ctrl+Alt+Shift+B to reset to default.....just for example. :) If this can be done with Brightness, Gamma, Contrast, Digital Vibrance etc. that'd rock out!

....if it can be done atm, then I have no idea how to do it. :)

But brilliant work, and keep it up!

r2rX :D

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  8. 3NF

3NF Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTS 512MB @ 780
    Thanks, looking forward to it :)

9. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    Will rt 2.07 support cat.8.2 when it's gonna be released on the 18feb.?

Cause cat. 8.2 will be out tomorrow...

tnx

10. eaa315

eaa315 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD2900 Pro 1-Gig
    Isn't that a bit optimistic?

Seems the 20th has been a more realistic date from months past...

11. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    Ok,but if they say crossfireX(cat8.3) is gonna released early march,then it's not optimistic if cat.8.2 is also gonna release earlier.

But we will see.

edit cat 8.2 is online
    http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx:thumbup:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  12. jtrageser

jtrageser Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX260-216
    I just tried it with several different menus of RivaTuner, and also other programs using the 'ctrl+whatever key' combination and it does minimize the games with no issue. I tried it with World Of Warcraft, Sauerbraten, and Battlefield 2 and they all minimize when I use the hotkeys to pop up rivatuner menus or other applications.

Does it not minimize for you with your hotkeys? If not, perhaps the game you are in or something else is using that hotkey combination. Perhaps try a different hotkey combination and see if that works.

If you need me to try anything else, please let me know. I have plenty of time on my hands right now.

13. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    Er, let's see... The ones who couldn't be bothered to read?

14. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I don't think we are on the same page. :)

Have hotkey setup to launch the OSD.
    Go into a game (Crysis preferrably) and press your OSD hotkey.

What happens? Either two things:
    1) Your OSD pops up fine in the game or
    2) The game will minimize to the taskbar.

If your not using Win XP, forget I asked.

Thanks a lot !

15. david91

david91 New Member

Question...

Was this bug in 2.06 fixed?... "Added ForceWare 167.xx and 169.xx drivers families support. Please take a note that 2D/3D performance levels switching is broken in currently broken in these drivers, so adjusting 2D performance level settings (e.g. 2D clocks) via RivaTuner will also change 3D performance level settings and vice versa."

16. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Can you read, mate? The relase notes you've quoted clearly says that 2D/3D clock switching is broken in ForceWare. How do you expect to see it fixed in RT?

17. dwax

dwax Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 7950 & VF90
    Unwinder, will v 2.07 support the 8800GS? I just got mine, XFX 8800GS and was just wondering. :)

18. Unwinder

Gentlemen,

2.07 release may be delayed for a week or so. Currently the reviewrs are reporting some mysterious things with 9600GT core clock monitoring and I'm not sure if I'll be able to ivnestigate it distantly during these weekends. So probably I'll need to wait for my own 9600GT sample arrival on the next week to clarify the situation and ensure that new version is 100% compatible with it.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  19. hogans

hogans New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Ati Radeon HD 3870-X2
    Unwinder,

Thanks for your great program!

Is the 2.07 version going to be compatible withe the new ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2's?

I didn't see anywhere that it said anything about it.............

20. Unwinder

Is it a joke? Don't be blind guys, it is not that hard to read the first posting of the thread you're posting to:

- Updated PCI DeviceID database for both ATI and NVIDIA graphics processors. Added PCI DeviceIDs for RADEON 2600XT AGP, RADEON 2900GT, RADEON HD 3870 X2 and GeForce 8800GTS 512 SKUs. Please take a note that RivaTuner doesn't provide official Crossfire support, so RADEON HD 3870 X2 support can be limited to single GPU functionality under certain conditions.