Vista SP1 on February 4!

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Whiplashwang, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Osuperman

Osuperman Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    I have a couple of questions for those running SP1:

1. Can you tell me if its possible to slipstream the Windows Vista Install CD with Service Pack 1? Or will we have to download and install it separately every time we need to re-install windows?

2. Has the Windows Experience Index upper limit rating of '5.9' been unlocked with SP1?

3. Do you notice any significant improvements? i.e. networking improvements, move/copy speeds, disk access/transfer & backup...

4. I'd also like to know if anyone here uses ReadyBoost, whether or not it has been improved or is it just a useless feature. :)

Thanks, would love to know!! I have never gotten Steam to run correctly with Vista for some reason, (Counter Strike matches are a no no, and despite owning the Orange Box I've yet to enjoy the thrills of TF2). So I am keen to find out if SP1 will help me out there too!!

2. GAR818

GAR818 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    Just installed SP1 for my Vista X64, the one game i noticed that had some benefit, was crysis, all games seem a bit smoother, things install quicker, overall i say vista SP1 is the best OS i have ever used.

3. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    lol this will shut up all vista haters. vista got better with sp1 and sp3 only bring some fix but not dx 10.

4. shadow70

shadow70 Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX470
    am going to re-install vista tomorrow on my pc and will download the SP now, from what you have been saying l am liking it.

5. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    well if you have a dx 10 card then vista is for you but since you have a 7 series card then you may want to stay with xp but again, if you want stable os then go to vista.

6. damafan

damafan Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Lightning III
    ok i just installed SP1 x64 and everything works very well. progs start up much faster now.

7. RBEJ

RBEJ Member Guru

Radeon 3850 512MB + Vista SP1 RTM = Aero Glass not available

8. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I'm not a vista hater.. the biggest issue I ever had with it was the memory usage while sitting on desktop...the power consumption is going to wrong way.

I could really care less about DX10 at this point even with Crysis the difference between XP high settings was 98% of that with DX10's high settings.

I took vista off my gaming machine back in May.. I might go back to it after SP1 is official but right now I don't have a need to since XP is running perfectly fine with the games and stuff I'm doing now.

9. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Reinstall your driver or wait for maybe another.
    I must say, lot of people here bashed me a lot, called me Vista hater but that's NOT true, i just point out that vista in it's most best shape gives XP performance and less, at some programmers much less and i don't see any benefit using Vista over XP, cause XP does what Vista does much better.
    Now i hoped that SP1 will change it, the question remains if that is the case or not, so if someone runs dual boot and can benchmark games, winrar and other software using Vista and XP that would be great, and should shut up "****ers" like me that hate vista.

10. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    can someone please post a solid link where i can get sp1 for vista home premium 32 bit thanks...................

11. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Windows XP SP3 RC2 Build 3300 in now on.

12. warrior

warrior Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 295GTX 1792
    SP installed and working flawless here as well, did the reg edit thing and SP was found during the update process...Vista runs perfect for me ....Great job Microsoft on a winning OS.....Vista Ultimate 64Bit, also noticed a new Dreamscene with the service pak and updates as well....

13. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    google + turn off superfetch !!!!

zomg that was hard wasn't it?

14. xSLIX

xSLIX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 WCSWIFTECH
    I Didnt Read This Whole Trhead But Theres Also A Cmd Hack To Get Vista Sp1 . I Just Got Done Doing It N Works. This From Nvnews Site Under Xp/vista In The Forums .all U Do Run Cmd N Type 3 Lines In To It N Hit Enter N Then Check For Vista Updates

15. GAR818

GAR818 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    I just installed SP1, and CRYSIS keeps freezing after about 15 minutes of gaming, before SP1, this would not happen, i have tried all new drivers, 169.25/28/32/38 and even the 171.16 drivers, all freeze with about 15-30 minutes into the game, setup was 100% stable before SP1, problems only occur in 3D, in crysis and NFS PS the ony 2 games i have tested so far, might be from SLI, might be from SP1, but can someone confirm this???? i have a dual 8800GTS G92 SLI, my sig is current............just load up crysis and play it for about an hour....thanks.

16. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    I know. I never thought of you as a Vista hater. I see you discussing things normally without the bashing, which is cool.

But there are always people who can only whine, like XPL.

17. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    when ever there are game issues after the service pack you must uninstall and reinstall those games. after that the problem should stop.

18. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    haha do u know what takes longer? to install vista or to install sp1? yes sp1 install takes longer than installing vista :D

19. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    SP3 lol, after all these years XP still needs fixes...thats really sad actually
    but considering how long it takes to install sp1 hard to say when i'll ever get to it. i rarely have 2 hours to spend on here a day much less waste it waiting

me expect? i could care less what you admins have to do, but apparantly there was a time when MS didnt think about it either, they used to mention alot during vistas initial realeas that there was never to be a service pack..but the crying changed thier minds

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  20. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    that doesn't knock it down fully to XP usage. It shouldn't be no more than what XP is or less with how the kernal is setup.