New beta version discussion

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qfly

qfly New Member

Ray, I have been a big fan of your tray tools for some time now" thanks!

Currently, I am not using ATT but rather the CCC with 7.12 drivers coupled with a X1950XTX 512 variant

Questions..

1. Is there a way to force AA in the CCC or do I need to re-install ATT to do so. I am trying to run HDR+AA in Oblivion.

2. When I would auto populate the fan speeds using ATT (I never overclock) the fan speed would go crazy. Does your ATT work with 7.12 drivers when auto populating the fan speeds?

CCC drives me nuts with its overbloated crapola and I would love to use ATT again. However, I wanted to make sure everything was compatible with the drivers I am currently running.

Respectfully,

Qfly

2. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    Having a tough time a see, best to luck. I'm still using drivers from Visiontek for my 3850. I dont wanna switch to 7.12s cause they wouldnt even work on a fresh install of windows for me.

Ill certianly start using some modded driver + ATT once you get the dynamic fan settings settled.

3. qfly

qfly New Member

Sir, no tough times here.. The 7.12's work just fine with no complaints.

I am not using ATT because there is no need to. However, I am inquiring about the ability to force AA with HDR. If the CCC will not allow me to force AA, then I might need to look into ATT to force it.

There are no problems with the 7.12's unless I want to create them for myself by taking the chance on installing a piece of software that may or may not work. Only then, will I create issues..

Cheers.....

4. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    Ahh do you even have my vid card o_O.

5. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Heya Ray. Just wondering what your current progress is with the tool as I'm very anxious to see what's coming next. What are your priorities when it comes to adding features and fixing bugs?

This leads to my question, will we see IQ settings for the HD2xxx/HD3xxx series? By this I mean the 2x, 4x, and 8x antialiasing modes with an option to select a custom filter, i.e. Box Filter, Narrow Tent filter, Wide Tent filter or Edge detect filter. I'm in sore need of a good game profiler for my ATi card, and in the past ATT has worked well.

6. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    At this moment I'm waiting the price to be as low as possible in my country for new video boards so I will be able to buy one.

7. Pidel

Pidel Member

Which driver uses you?

8. Dwarden

Dwarden Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2048MB
    still shocked noone donate to You at least one HD38xx one HD36xx and one HD34xx

9. dev_akm

dev_akm New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 512Mb GDDR3 256-bit
    OMG! None of the vendors will send you a card? That's really shocking. :chainsaw:

ATT seems like such an essential tool.

I'm using ATT (beta 1.3.6.1067) with Overdrive on my 3850 with 8.1 drivers and it works fine (other than 0 clock display). The only thing that bugs me is it takes forever to start ATT.

Is this a card detection issue? (i.e., it waits for a response that never comes when trying to get the clock speeds?)

If so, is there a way to tell ATT not to bother trying to get a response from the card? Seems like this would at least let it start a lot faster.

Thanks for this great tool, man. :banana:

10. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Actually, that's a good point. If a tool like ATiTrayTools could be used with the HD series of cards it would give a higher desireability for people to buy the cards, especially in the enthusiast sector.

11. dev_akm

dev_akm New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 512Mb GDDR3 256-bit
    Exactly. I mean, they send cards to reviewers and other developers -- really anyone they think will influence buying decisions -- so why not send one to Ray? (assuming he has asked)

12. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I never asked about it. Don't like to do this. I've received one board from HIS a few years ago , but they send me this card because asked me to write software for their product line of Radeon video boards. And this is only company how sent something. And he didn't ask me to send it back when they decided to use other software developer to write their software.
    I've wrote software for another company , but they didn't send me any hardware i've asked.
    So right now I don't want to act like poor vagabond and say "Please, give me something! I didn't eat last two days! Bla bla...". :) :)

Right now I have a lot of problems in my real life. Thats why I unable to spend a lot of times for ATT. I just need a few more times to solve it. :)

13. Dwarden

Dwarden Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2048MB
    Ray i hope You solve all soon and all goes well ...

swiss knife named "Ati tray tool" needs sharpening lol

14. Dwarden

Dwarden Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2048MB
    even more problem i experiencing with 1067 and previous builds ...

seems like it colide with new C2D/C2Q (startup takes like 30s with 100% load on one core)

btw. would be possible sometime in future version to implement instance check ?

somehow i managed to get two ATT running at once

15. WerderFan

WerderFan Member

GPU:
    Club3D HD5770 OC
    I´m not sure, means this, that support for 38xx will never coming or only not coming in the nearest future?

Sorry, I don´t want to waste your time, Ray, but I´m very interested to use ATT with full support for my 3850.

Thanks a lot for help:) and I hope, that you can solve your problems.

WerderFan

16. Bhairava

Bhairava Guest

GPU:
    2x 5850
    Dear Ray,

can we do something to help you in solving your problems?!?

Maybe it's a stupid question....but the Ati-users around the world love you.

17. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    No. :) This is my own problems , but thanks :)

18. deviantchild

deviantchild New Member

GPU:
    Hercules 9800XT Classic 256MB
    sorry to bother you with this

i'm getting "error setting rotation mode!"

i've tried re/installing the 1042 and 1067 versions of ati tray tools and used various tools to clean the registry in between
    out of desperation i even tried temporarily enabling the ati hotkey poller service
    i've tried reinstalling my uli agp driver
    i've also reinstalled my graphics driver [since doing so already last night to solve another issue listed below - also having tried the nov 2007 redist and dxwebsetup for directx]
    the rotation allows for the choice of 180 degrees only, although when it brings up the confirmation dialogue the screen hasn't actually been flipped at all !?!
    also, i seem to have a thing whereby windows seems to occasionally keep choosing random resolutions upon reboot: 800x600x16 or 1024x768x32. may have something to do with the aquaria demo i've been playing but neither of those are resolutions i have used from the available choices - 1280x960 is the closest to my native 1280x1024

some details:
    i am running xp pro with a beta of sp3 installed - which already broke several things, including my opengl support until i reinstalled my drivers last night [ooh! let's see if we can make xp unreliable like our latest o/s :(]
    i am using the display driver alone from the 8.1 version 2 (8.2 beta) pack for xp 32
    i have an old hercules 9800xt 256mb agp, still going strong on an asrock motherboard that has real support for both agp and pcie, not just an agp slot running in pci mode

ps. i have only necessary services running and no crippling resident processes excepting a few that i consider either necessary or lightweight: intellimouse driver, wacom tablet driver, comodo firewall, diskeeper, ati tray tools and soundcard tray icons

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  19. totya

totya Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH4850 512MB
    Hi!

ATT crash problem is stay.

Neverwinter Nights 2 loading screen (under loading saved game) is always flickering if ATT show FPS.

20. totya

totya Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH4850 512MB
    ... if AA enabled in game settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.