how do you dress? what are your styles?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Used_condom, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodmasterfox

Woodmasterfox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    Thats actually a good point. I don't really worry too much about what I wear, but I think confidence is important enough that if you gain it from knowing that you look great fashion wise then you might as well dress it up.

Look, caring about what you wear doesn't make you a pretty boy. I care about what I wear, but I just have different priorities than all you guys. I care about what has utility to me. What can I wear to work that won't rip and I won't care if I get grease on it? What can I wear camping that I won't care if I get mud on it? I don't wear nice clothes because (well other than I can't afford them) I would ruin them in a matter of days! But no, I get jumped on just because I don't wear blazers with jeans.

The lifestyle that I live just doesn't lend itself well to clothes like that. I don't even ever go anywhere that would be acceptable for me to wear clothes like that. Are you going to wear clothes like those to the beach? To the pool? The mountains to camp? Basically the only place I would wear those clothes are a nightclub and thats somewhere I never go.

2. Xelz

Xelz Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7560
    This is totally bull****, since when are men who care about how they look and don't wanna look like some homeless fellow gay?

Anyway, I always wear jeans (Tommy, Replay or other reliabe brands) and a sweater, nothing over done just comfortable and fashionable.

3. gunman127

gunman127 Guest

GPU:
    980Ti 6GB 960 2GB
    Always the same, I have a superhero wardrobe.

That is, I have multiple sets of identical clothes.

So 6 black shirts, six black trousers. Loads of black socks. My black bandanna, to hold my hair out of my eyes.
    I have a FEAR t-shirt I wear under the plain black shirt on really cold days.

I have a leather belt with fake 44-40 bullets on it, and a Punisher buckle.

Only one black leather trenchcoat, but thats all you need, plus black leather gloves.

And my GSG9 combat boots, I love them.

Mug shot

4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ...LOLZ

anyway i usually wear a pullover hoody and denim jeans - twisted Levi's ownz , and some "oldschool" pumas to go with that :D

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I like wearing this more than anything else...

[​IMG]

EDIT: Oh, and to the OP... Miami Vice FTW!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  6. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    some weird people around here.

7. cgr3786

cgr3786 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 7950 GT 512MB
    LMAO sorry but its true,looks a lil on the fruity side.

8. Used_condom

Used_condom Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC
    again, i give props to those guys who are into fashion and actually care about how they look......

I feel sorry for those scubs because when i walk pass his GF, she'll be checking me out.......I'm positive most girls do not want scrubs......

again, looks do matter......everything in life revolves around looks, really... it you say, it doesnt, you might as well go marry a fAT, smelly, fugly chick with a nice personality...

no harm intended...just the truth..

oh btw,

I went shopping today for some clothes and bought some super nice ass dress pants from old navy and this awesome low raise boot cut jean from GAP.... :banana:

9. WCASD

WCASD Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
    Wth are you talking about...

10. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    First impression, general cleanliness, and personality mater - to name maybe the top three (that's certainly depatable and varies from woman to woman).

What you wear is certainly a major part of first impression, but looking like that (picture of OP), I think a girl is going to think you are just a player, if not a little gay (again no offense). Because you are clean, as a result of how you are dressing, you at least got #2 on what maters. So if you have personality, you're going to get laid.

You just need 2 out of 3 after all...

Ok, just kidding... But probably some truth to it.

Either way, I get laid wearing anything I want, because I shower and (I think) I have a good personality most of the time. I am not affraid of women - but I used to be I guess long ago, particularly really hot women. But now, if I just talk to a woman I am set, unless she's married, or seeing someone else (although this doesn't usually stop me from talking/flirting to her). If a woman is married, then I am strictly friends with her if we get along well.

Ok whatever, I've had a few and going on and on... lol

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008

11. Woodmasterfox

Woodmasterfox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    Hahaha, and what are you going to do with that guys girlfriend bro? Take her shopping? I'm sorry, this whole thing is just so silly. You are completely clueless, and your youth shows with your views on women. Fact, looks are everything. Its true. People will always judge you by how you look. Being in shape is probably one of the most important things in the world, its been proven that people react more positively to those who aren't overweight.

But do you have to dress like the OP? Hell no. Your entire attitude is completely ridiculous, and guys like you have absolutely nothing to offer after the first impression. Why? Because your shallow and really don't have any skills that matter other than looking good (granted I'm generalizing and talking about "pretty boys" in general). I mean seriously, I've known pretty boys that had to have their dates put on the spare when their tire blew out...thats quite pathetic. Its survival of the fittest out there man and 9 times out of 10 girls are going to choose a man thats capable rather than pretty. Being pretty is a girls job.

What does this all mean for you? That guys like me can please women at deeper levels than you can possibly imagine. I know your going to scoff and laugh at my post, but thats quite alright because I don't have to convince you that I'm right. My life is affirmation enough of that, and quiet confidence is my style.

12. iLovPieNCake

iLovPieNCake Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 285
    I don't care much for clothing I just have nice stuff. I think I am in the middle, nice stuff but don't care. Of course my hair is always spiked some way. Just at random.

13. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    I am not that picky about clothes but i do care on what i wear depending on the occasion. I have the usual style as everyone when it comes down to everyday activity. Jeans+t-Shirt+Hoodie+Leather Jacket.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  14. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    I wear whatever is least crumpled LOL..seriously

a typical outfit for me would be me in a shirt (w or w/o collar), jeans and crocs sandals

lol those crocs are ugly but they sure are comfortable..after trying them, i refuse to wear shoes unless necessary (ie formal occasion etc)

15. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    I usually wear combat pants and a t shirt for clubbing,baggy jeans and usually a band top for everything else.

To be honest i'm pretty much libral when it comes to clothing as long as its not sport clothes/Chav gear.

16. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    One person in this thread said it best..

a fashion thread is lost on some of the people on this board who clearly have no sense of fashion at all. I can understand not having a fashion sense, but actually calling someone who DOES have that sense gay is really embarassing.. for them!

And for the record, you can wear clothing that is more durable at work and on jobs that still looks good. Seems like lots of people are just too lazy or take the easy way out when clothes shopping.. as if its a chore.

Doesn't bother me none, clothes tell alot about a person, and if you think otherwise you're purely in denial.

17. t0ny

t0ny New Member

skater. rugish wavy hair=p

18. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i wear whatever i can grab from my pile of clothes on the floor. i have 2 piles mainly, clean and dirty. but sometimes the clean ones scatter to mini-piles.

mostly consisting of hoodies/neutral,dark color t-shirts/cargo type pants of nuetral to dark colors.
    i could care less whta the trends are, maybe cargo's are out or something i dunno nor care

19. Used_condom

Used_condom Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC
    hahahaha i'm laughing.... no.. i wont take her shopping.. i'll fawk her...lol!

hmmmm.. i remember replacing/repairing the internal parts of my engine...now i'm gonna replace the clutch.... And i remember, my guys and I almost got into a fight @ the club...

and i just looked in the mirror, i'm pretty in shape.... and my personality isn't off the hook either...LOL!

i'm a dirty pretty boy...

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  20. Used_condom

Used_condom Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC

some girls r just dumb that's why.....i would never call a HOT chick a player because she is HOT... :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.