What do you gain using omega drivers?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by bodean, Jan 26, 2008.

1. bodean

bodean Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    I noticed they are based on older forceware drivers.
    What would I gain with the vista 64 ones, over the 169.28 forceware betas?
    Also. do they work with rivatuner 2.06?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  2. zodden

zodden Guest

For all the years I used his drivers with my ATI cards I found that his drivers improved IQ for me compared to the official drivers. This is the first one of his that I used with Vista 64 and I have found a slight FPS improvement and as usual an increase in IQ.

3. r2rX

r2rX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 480
    Increase in IQ? I'm not entirely sure what that means/refers to.

And even then, isn't Omega just mix and matching files over from several driver releases?

r2rX :)

4. Grimbal

Grimbal Member

GPU:
    8800gts 320mb
    CS:S and many of my games now run much better with stable fps and better iq no dips with the latest set

5. masterman

masterman Banned

GPU:
    VisionTek 1950pro 635/790 Omega7.10
    Most ati AGP cards work with these drivers

6. Malonn

Malonn Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Xtrme
    He means they increase the image quality of games compared to the stock drivers. And no, he doesn't mix and match driver files. He just adds entries to the registry that correspond to settings coded into the driver by nvidia or ATI. For the most part. He may also do some miscellaneous stuff like remove unused files and such. I don't know for sure. But the "business end" of what he does is simply add entries to the registry.

7. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Guest

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    omege drivers

I cant say for sure what he does when he does it, but i think he does a good job, he invests his time and effort and really tries to enhance yours, and my gamming experience.
    All for free. so what ever it is he does we should all applaude his efforts, and thank him for all his great body of work low these many years.
    I personnaly will always D\L an Omega Driver anytime it arrives , as i know it to be worth my time to try it out.
    Thank you whoever you are Omegaman,err people?

8. Smellybumlove

Smellybumlove Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD4830x2 crossfire
    i remember when the omega's first came out, i swear he had a website with some biblical stuff, so i tend to call them jesus drivers :)
    i never noticed a performance increase but image quality is better, but you can always set that manually anyway.

9. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i have omega 169.25...is it the latest for vista x64 or is there a newer version out? i could search for his site but i'm lazy right now.
    overeall they appear nice drivers, stable and work, i never noticed IQ in any driver or modified one for that matter...i'm sure side by side pics i could but just plyaing a game i cant tell.

10. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    All i have to say is WOW, the omega 64 vista 169.25 are phenominal. Increased visual quality and fps + you can actually use the force AA and AF in the control panel

11. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    I have tried many of the omega drivers and honestly I can't tell any difference. And as fast as ati/nvidia make new drivers it is kind of pointless to mess with them. I all goodness they try to opt the graphical settings but they do not have the source code and can't do more than ne1 useing wordpad lol. Anyways I would not use them if I was you.

12. madasa777

madasa777 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS 475/425 PCIE
    they actually do make a difference. better stability and better fps on my 7600gs. I would recommend them only to experienced users of nvidia drivers

13. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    how are you gonna use 2high power cards in sli on a processor that can barely hold up with it =p hell my processor cant even handle 1 8800gts

14. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    You kidding the fx 60 at 3.2 ghz is still today a fast processor. I would compare it to a duel core intel at 2.8 ghz which is not considered slow. I am waiting for the 9x intel series before I upgrade with ddr3 8gb vista 64bit etc. Heck I get 16k on 3dmark 06 it's not bad at all :) Also of note don't get drawn into this card needs this much cpu horsepower to run full speed etc. The bottom line is if you play at 1920x1200 or higher with aa/af your cpu speed becomes a small factor and the gpu is the major factor. Now if you want to play at 1024x768 then ya cpu power all the way!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  15. Malonn

Malonn Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Xtrme
    He does mix and match files. I don't know if that's a good idea or not...

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    hey guys play nice now:3eyes:

17. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    I was a virgin to the omega drivers until latsnight. And all i can say is Omega+Nhancer=the best gameing experience i have ever had. Don't think i will go back to forceware for a long time.

Added donation to the site lets just hope he keeps them coming.Anybody who can take old drivers and make them better than the new betas we are seeing has got my vote. Keep it up and i cannot wait to try the next ones.

18. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    im still using the omega driver for xp it is stable fast has good iq it is awsome. i hope they come out with a new driver for xp

19. Redwire

Redwire Member

I've used Omega drivers for quite a while on my ATI cards, and they are beast! IQ increase and performance from changing ati tray tools advanced tweak settings. Using the Omega's for Nvidia increased game compatibility with my old Nvidia PC.

20. AVR512

AVR512 Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForceFX 5200 128MB DDR
    Omega drivers are the best i've experienced on my FX5200...nice IQ with even better performance and much higher stability too.