Aliens Vs Predator 2 (possible film spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by damien666, Jan 30, 2008.

1. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi people ive just seen this film and i thought it was OK not GREAT, i just dint get why they only decided to send in one Predator after the Aliens when by now if that was real the Predator would shurly know that they bread in mass amounts,

i would like to know ur thoughts if u seen this as i thought it could have been so much better and more of a battle scene between the coast guard and the aliens, also it would have been great if at least one human teamed up with the Predator like the older movie as that made a great ending

2. tyxeros

tyxeros Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080
    It simple. Preadators are the "ultimate" hunters of the universe. He takes his spaceship and he goes for hunting. Like we say , I take my shotgun to hunt some wildboars. On the first part the predators were too noobs thats why they killed so easy and they were so many. On part 2 the Predator is exactly as he was suppose to be. Uber.

3. Luvabud

Luvabud Guest

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    I said the same walking out, afew more predators and alot more aliens, as in the whole town got over run, I wanted to see war and chaos, but no, one predator and afew aliens here and there, the alien predator hybrid was cool.
    They'll never do a horror/scifi better than the original alien film.

4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Alien\Aliens remains the best horror\scifi horror film, no other can come close to it.
    I'll never forgot how scary and creepy was that to see the scence of Ripley meets the Alien Queen hoo it's scary even the deadman would say that.
    AVP2 was good movie, but disappointing cause i also wanted to see more Aliens and more war, more chaos, more panic well half of it not existed.

5. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    It wasn't the Coast guard rofl.

It was the National Guard.

And it was stupid when Predator helped the woman in AVP 1, Predator should slaughter everyone.

6. Ex4000

Ex4000 Master Guru

GPU:
    2600XT
    Predators arn't supose to be in groups there should only be ONE pred, i hope the next film is with marines in space AND i hope they already know about aliens and preds can't stand the whole "what are those things?!" crap

7. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I hope there's no Humans at all in the next film, and its on the predator home world.

8. QuadCannons

QuadCannons Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 210
    I thought you all would've gotten the idea not to watch this movie after watching the first one. Or at least don't pay money to watch it...;)

9. Ex4000

Ex4000 Master Guru

GPU:
    2600XT
    its a good film just could be farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr better

10. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    How could they screw up such an easy movie? I mean just throw a bunch of Aliens fighting Predators and bam..great movie. Instead they come up with these stupid plots. Nobody goes to see AVP for a plot, 80% of the movie should be non stop action/fighting.

11. Incognito5000

Incognito5000 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290
    Not enough baby eating (if Pred-Alien had eaten the babies it woulda elevated the movie to a special awesomeness for me...) but the rest of the movie was really good though (no, not the greatest movie ever and not better than the other Aliens movies or Predator movies...but it sure was better than AVP1.

12. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    I was so terribly unimpressed with the film.

****MAJOR SPOILERS****

There are so many issues that the directors have brought up. And so many little things that really get to me.

Like that blue acid stuff that can magically dissolve parts of things it hasn't even touched, or the fact the Predator's blades don't melt when he uses them on Aliens (funny how they melted in the first one though). The Predator's new equipment was pretty cool, but as if he's going to miss the Aliens THAT many times when he is shooting off the dual Shoulder cannons.

Then the fact the very first Pred's self destruct doesn't go off because he gets some blood on it, the fact NO ONE hears the ****ing spaceship crash landing. And then the Predator brings a whopping great big bomb, easily 4 or 5 times bigger than the hand held self destructs, and the thing does less damage than a human nuclear warhead that is half its size!

How hard is it too understand? Throw some Aliens against some Predators and have them fight to the death. Throw some marines in (the space variety, not this Earthling crap. I want to hear a pulse rifle and smart gun god damn it!) that are really only there to get slaughtered, and **** the story right up the ass! IT DOESN'T NEED ONE. At least not a major one. No love interests, no brother reunited crap etc. Just some marines in space getting ****ed for nothing more than being in the middle of a fight.

And don't get me started on the Predalien. Although it was undoubtably cool, the whole infesting women thing was bollocks. I could have let it off a bit more if he didn't just go for women (everyone has a stomach and a chest). But what REALLY got me was the fact that he could lay eggs anyway. Since when does that happen? The Aliens follow a fairly familiar hierarchical structure; Queen > Eggs > Facehuggers > Host. And then the Alien that comes out of the host takes on some of it's traits. By haivng the Predalien all of a sudden be able to lay eggs like a Facehugger, I feel the directors have taken it too far, and should stick to the source material. It's not hard really.

13. The Chosen 1

The Chosen 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 6870 MSI TwinFrozer II
    I kind of liked the first one but the second just sucks... what a waste of money...

14. The_AC

The_AC Guest

GPU:
    R9 390X
    AvP2 was WAAAYYY better than AvP1. Hopefully they'll make the third one take place in the future, where the humans know what the aliens are.

The perfect one would be basically Alien2, but with a predator thrown in.

15. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    Alien was great, the bit where they are having dinner and the alien bursts out the guys chest completely freaked me out at the time. I think though Aliens was a better movie, more aliens, more marines and huge ****in queen.

I do think though Predator gives the Alien movies a run for their money when it comes to sci-fi horror. The jungle made it really claustrophobic and you had the most elite US soldiers being picked off one at a time by an enemy they could't even see. The skinned bodies and removing of skull and spine were particularly grotesque. Just a pity that Predator 2 sucked.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008

16. Ex4000

Ex4000 Master Guru

GPU:
    2600XT
    i got an f in english and to be honest i could come up with a way better plot, of course set in space where humans KNOW about aliens and preds, christ i'm SICK of the finding out crap

17. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    This. Aliens was without a doubt the best Alien film, and the first Predator was the best Predator film, at least in my opinion.

Mix them up, an you have an instant win. Anyone here play the games of AVP? I think a film based on ships in space and on an alien forested world would be the best. Chuck some seriously unlucky marines running around screaming, dying, and NOT developing their love life, and you have a winner.

I would like to see a bit more of theat Alien Vs Predator action from the first film (all the throwing and really brutal looking attacks etc) as well. I mean, the tech is cool as hell, but there must be something in these Predators that urges them to just kick the **** out of the Aliens with their bare hands :p

18. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I would like to see also Aliens use their shadow stealth abilities better, as well as communicate better like in Aliens, i never forget the moment that i saw the Alien Queen at Aliens, that was so creepy while impressive, they should do something with that queen.

19. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I thought they were both ****e, and this is coming from a lover of the Novels and so forth. In the defense of the second movie, at least the Predator in it was seemingly "supposed" to be an elder and of import. At least from what I gathered.

The potrayal of him? Bollocks, just like the first movie was overall.

20. cette

cette Active Member

GPU:
    This movie was bad. There's two many things in the movie to mention why it was crap. Avp movies could be cool, but they have blown it.