I don't get why people like the XBOX 360...

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by HETT, Jan 25, 2008.

1. willvx

willvx Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX 640/1880
    Sarcasm aside, yes, games do not run in interlaced mode on PCs. Some monitors might display the game in interlaced mode, which would be a 1080i HDTV, but PC games run at a set resolution and are never upscaled from that setting. Meaning, 1920x1080 is exactly that, and 1680x1050 is exactly that, and so on and so forth.

2. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
  3. warrior

warrior Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 295GTX 1792
    :nerd:After taking advantage of the price reduction on the PS3 I could not be happier, I am a avid PC Gamer but find the PS3 equal to the task in gaming, and with its built in Blueray player my movie experience has been breathtaking..the controller took a while to get used to but I handled it nicely..the PS3 is simply a outstanding Home entertainment sytem...2008 promises to be a exciting year for PS3 owners.....I will still play my PC games as well as my PS3 ones ..I now enjoy the best of both worlds.....

4. Nafta

Nafta Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950/HD4000 MVP
    LOL, poor dude who has nothing better to do then search through pixels.

Seriously, those pictures looks almost way to picture perfect. If not, Insomniac are dev gods.

Insomniac has always posted real ingame shots. Still, I wait for ingame playing movie trailer or something. A lot can happen until september 18. It should be released then IIRC

5. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I agree with the notion that PC is a better way to go .vs consoles. One of my main reaons for preferring PC (aside from keyboard/mouse, and graphics) is the customization factor. People create their own maps, tweaks and mods that can often make a game more enjoyable in and replayable in the long run. I probably still wouldn't be playing UT2004 today, if it wasn't for the clever and fun map creations like giant bathrooms or parking garages that people designed.

Then again, the cost of a gaming PC is no picnic. The only benefit I can see to console gaming is, simplicity and cost for output. Other than that, im PC all the way.

6. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Agreed.

Its nice to just go into the living room, and play some super sweet games on the couch with my 65 Inch HD TV and 7.1 surround sound.

I also use my 360 as a media center also, streaming in HD movies etc. The family loves it and its great for parties. Long live the 360 baby!!!!

PS - Im also a Huge PC gamer too.. and have ports also to it.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
  7. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Didn't bother reading anymore than the first page, but the main benefits of a 360 over a PC are: the amazing graphics/price ratio, never having to worry about compatibility/drivers etc, having everything in your hands (no need to move to different keys like on a keyboard), ease of use, and finally, my favourite, being able to crash on my couch with my surround sound on, and playing a multiplayer game with all of my friends through a unified friends list, on my 32" HDTV.

It's all a toss up really. PC obviously has between marginally and much better graphics, room for modding and tweaking etc but consoles just provide a PC like experience in your living room. And for the money are amazing value.

Oh, and RTS games work extremely well on the 360 (IMO, the Wii pointer isn't accurate enough for RTS games, and even FPS games have horrid AutoAim), just look at Tiberium Wars (just finished the other day) and the LotR:BFME games.

At the end of the day, if you haven't got both a decent console (my vote goes to the 360 every time) and a kick ass PC, you are missing out.

8. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    At least somebody who's got common sense. Of course there are advantages and drawbacks with both kinds of platforms.

9. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    Now the problem with gaming on a PC is that you have to use your monitor at its native resolution to get a sharp image (That's only valid for LCD's, but not many people play on CRT's these days, do they?). However, the interpolation might not be that bad.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I go on Tiscali.cz daily and did see those pictures... BUT! Seriously, which pre-release screenshots aren't photoshoped? They all usually look a bit better than the final product, it's an old industry brainwashing technique.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ok, I'll have another dig at you. Go ahead, show me a £200 PC that can do this... [​IMG]

Can you see now why people like consoles? Will this stop you from posting in this thread ever again? Because every one of your attempts at being sensible failed.

12. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Well.... Crysis's early offering screenshots were touched up a bit..... but there's a difference. Crysis seems to have quite a bit of potential to be able to reach the detail of it's earlier offerings.

13. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
  14. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Skiddywinks: true.... on PC's, you have to worry about driver compatibility and such. but you also don't have to worry about a RROD causing you to not be able to use your system for possibly an unknown number of weeks.

Don't see what you mean though about having everything in your hands though. i mean yeah.... you have a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard.... but since when did you constantly have to move your hand back and forth over the keyboard to get different sets of keys or something that'd make it NOT in your hands? just about every FPS you could ever play on the PC only really requires your fingers to be around the W, A, S, and D keys, in that general area, and the other hand on the mouse.

Basically.... moving the mouse is like moving the control stick for looking around on the 360. the two mouse buttons are like the left and right trigger buttons. the scroll wheel is a replacement for the buttons on the 360 controller bound to changing weapons. spacebar replaces whatever button might be used for jumping. WASD keys replace control stick for movement. Then you have the several keys around WASD to assign to whatever you want.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Where's HETT gone now?

16. Ex4000

Ex4000 Master Guru

GPU:
    2600XT
    My friend (who was a harcore overclclocker/gamer) said yestaday he perfers consoles because he doesn't have the time for **** around with getting pc games to work and that consoles graphics are decent enough now

17. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    I love my 360 and I'll be getting a PS3 once MGS4 hits,i've been raised on both PC's and consoles heck my first ever console was an Amiga 600 which was a Hybrid PC/Console thing.

So asking myself which platform i prefer is difficult as they both have their ups and downs.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Amiga was way more advanced than any PC when it hit the market... It could actually multi task with ease...

19. stefansg

stefansg Master Guru

GPU:
    Point of View 8800GTX
    And the Amiga wasnt/isnt a console.

20. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    But it had the heart of a console,alot of the games barring sonic and Mario i played on the Amiga were also on consoles at the time,the Amiga had very few exclusive to be distinctive compared to the other platforms.

Speaking of which,i wish i didn't sell mine.