Do you floor the accelerator in your car often?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by UG_PL, Jan 29, 2008.

1. UG_PL

UG_PL Banned

GPU:
    Asus HD3850 512MB @ 770Mhz/925Mhz
    Do you floor the accelerator often? I do it all the time. Especially when I'm entering service road on to the highway :nerd:. I always do 0-65mph. I drive sometimes like an idiot. Today I have found fun in spinning wheels at the back of parking lot in my local shopping center(It was little bit wet..lol). Anyway ,yeahh.. I do it all the time. But I don't go 70mph in a 45mph zone. I always travel with the traffic flow or +3/5mph faster then the posted speed limit.

2. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    well im 17 ive had my lessons and completed my theory all thats left is my practical

lol i floor it through towns and country roads but when it comes to motorways etc. im slow as a tortoise guess im just scared of the lorries lol

3. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    waste of gas.. killing my air too so don't do it

4. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yep.. my car's my weekend toy, so it often gets driven enthusiastically. You've gotta have a bit of fun every now and then, but nothing silly. I do love wasting petrol.

5. surrealX

surrealX Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I'm 16 and just passed my license test a few days ago. Still waiting for the hard plastic card to come in. Like Sava700 said it wastes gas so I don't do it often.

6. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    let me guess surrealx you live in the U.S your lucky minimum age for driving here is 17 and fuel costs four times as much damn those import taxes

lol go Oomba for president hilary ohh man she seems a bit evil

7. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Never spun my tires in my life! Four wheel drive :p
    I don't do much foot-welded-to-the-floor driving, it's hard to find a good/safe opportunity around here. But it's always enjoyable!

8. wsskappa

wsskappa Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD 6870
    All the time. Its fun.

9. Sobek

Sobek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280
    No, that's what retards in their Holdens do. Stupid people-killers. "Duuur, I'm driving fast or doing a burnout! I'm so cool! duuuur!".

10. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    gas so high its not even funny
    so no, pointless, i do it on my dad's car when he lets me drive it :p
    its a 4 gallon so .. :dave:

11. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Don't get fools mixed up with people that enjoy driving.

Flooring it doesn't necessarily equate to wheel-spins or speeding where it's not safe.

For me what it really means is when faced with a nice twisty country road you open the throttle up a bit, corner a bit faster than usual, and generally have some fun without causing any danger.

It's the same for most other mature car enthusiasts.

12. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    .. of course I floor it.. If I didn't the thing wouldn't move.

Other people no-doubt call this "acceleration" or "getting up to speed in this century".

13. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO Crossfire+OC
    I love doing that. Believe it or not, there are some damn nice twisty country roads here in Canada, and every time I see an empty one I just got for it. Doesn't matter what I'm driving, it's always fun. Last time, I drove my dad's SUV, which handled surprisingly well. :)

I'll floor it on an empty road if I'm feeling bored, or if I'm driving my grandma's car, which is so freaking weak that you have to floor it to get it moving.

And I'm only 16, don't have my full license yet so I don't have my own car, meaning the more spirited driving is coming up.

14. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    after getting 3 speeding tickets the last 2 for 97 in a 55, and 78 in a 60 i learned my lessons. Going to the same "alive at 25" driving class 3 times forced by the judge I'm not going back so i drive the speed limits anywhere there are cops. But where my step dad and mom live way out in the county I love driving like im in a rally spinning out on gravel roads and fishtailing for half a mile of blinding curves. I even have this game i play that i can drive for about 8 miles without hitting the brakes on a windy black top county road in the Ozark Mountains, keeps me occupied during the 45min trip :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  15. Finny

Finny Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX260 core 216 soon
    Rarely do I do it, I'm 16 and have had my license for almost 2 years now. I got ****ed into a ticked once because of an icy road (wasn't even speeding or flooring it) because the cops here are pricks. So I pretty much need to drive 20 in a 25 and jazz because the fuzz have their pistols shoved up... nevermind.

16. chazly413

chazly413 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 970 4GB
    There's a difference between flooring it and speeding, I hope you all realize that. Flooring it up to the speed limit is one thing but going 75 in a 45 is another.

Of course I floor it every now and then. I have a freaking Impreza, it's manual, and it's all wheel drive. And yes, I run back roads at around 60mph sometimes :D

17. G-Man

G-Man Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 640MB
    where do you live to get your license when your 14?

on topic: i floor it in my car all the time because its a big heavy car with a piss-weak 1.8l engine so if i dont the car barely moves.

18. Finny

Finny Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX260 core 216 soon
    North Dakota, Permit 14th birthday, 6 months, license. Needs to be that way, so many farm kids that need to drive etc.

19. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    I only floor it when I feel it's safe enough, I have had some pretty close calls before - not when flooring it but just normal driving, but it gives me the indication of hour dangerous it can be if you are inexperienced. I have my Full Licence and I am 17.

20. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    No, I do not.