Need 7600 GS help!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Fif3, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Fif3

Fif3 New Member

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce 7600 GS 512mb
    Ok, here's the deal. My graphics card does not seem like it wants to cooperate with my system at all, I never really had an inssue until I tried to update my drivers for my 7600 GS 512mb.

The problem only happens when I install the driver, it will work fine without the driver but of course I can't play games with no drivers. The screen will black out for a few seconds then come back on while the entire time my mouse seems to have "artifacts" on it.

I remember my graphics card working at some point but because I was using vista, it auto-downloaded and installed the latest driver, and that just screwed my system up. I tried to uninstall, and clean my sytem of the drivers, then reinstall some of the older drivers, and still nothing seemed to work.

I resorted back to install Windows XP Pro x32 and the problem still occured with ANY driver I installed. Even installing Windows XP Pro x64(the OS I'm currently on) does the same exact thing! I have no idea what to do now...

Here are a quick view of my specs:
    [​IMG]

I also have a 650 watt power supply, if that helps.

PS I'm still a beginner when it comes to this technical stuff, so be detailed if you give me instructions...

Thanks to anyone who can help me!!!!

2. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    for the power 650 is more tan enough for your config...
    there is 2 option in your case:
    -1st option go back to your original drivers (on your CD)
    -2nd option remove any video driver from NVidia and then do a fresh install (latest driver on this site, donload section).

in the case of none work... perhaps you got one of those GPU from Nvidia 7 serie who have a bug... think about getting a 8 serie (much more done for vista btw)

3. Fif3

Fif3 New Member

GPU:
    The drivers I've been using are from the original CD, but even those make watching movies, playing games, to browsing the web just horrid.

After my PC udated automatically, I can't seem to get any of the drivers to work right...

I was hoping that I didn't get one of the buggy nvidia cards, I just didn't think it was a possibility because at one point my card worked great, but I guess I should consider upgrading anyways, with all the new games coming out...

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should get that would work with my system?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  4. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    to work and play a bit: 8600gts
    to play: 8800GT 512 or 8800GTS 512 (the new GTS) better tan GTX when OC
    if you got money: 8800Ultra

old 8800GTS or 8800GTX are good also but are not competitive in price/performance ratio... exept in used

ATI are just behind 8800GT even the biggest card but they are not expensive.

But before invest try your PC with another GPU from Nvidia to check if i am right (any friend to borrow you a GPU card?)

5. Fif3

Fif3 New Member

GPU:
    Ya I think I'm gonna go with the 8800GT 512 for now, seems like the most bang for your buck out of the 8 series. Then when I get some more money I'll get another and SLI them.

6. biglonglenthman

biglonglenthman Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Extreme 8800GTX 621/2160
    ^^ Sounds like a good plan, you may want to OC your AMD a bit if your going to be gaming in the lower Res as that will hold you back a little bit. . . its not going to be significant unless its Crysis or World In Conflict which is all heavy duty CPU action.

7. Fif3

Fif3 New Member

GPU:
    I've been meaning to upgrade my CPU for a while now, I just didn't expect my graphics card to up and die, else I would be upgrading that first.

I think I may upgrade my motherboard and cpu at the same time when that happens; I'm thinking one of Intels quad-cores... although I'm not really sure yet.

8. biglonglenthman

biglonglenthman Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Extreme 8800GTX 621/2160
    Well the Q6600 is around the cheapest Quad around and you can get a half decent SKT775 mobo to couple the Q6 onto.

9. jbgoode

jbgoode Master Guru

GPU:
    275GTX /GTX580
    NV 8800GT 512 and Core2 8500 and some DDR2 1066, that's my best config for gaming.
    If you wanna desktop speed get a quad, but for games I want full thrust myself. I don't usually rip movies, or Mp3 converting during my gameplay.
    Good luck!!!