I don't get why people like the XBOX 360...

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by HETT, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    Haha... I know many prefer PC over console but it depends on individual. Of course PC have graphics advantage but console games are more popular. Instead of saying PC has all games that console has. I think it is other way round :p The next time I do my exams well :O I will get a PS3. I know PS2 is dated now but I still play it sometimes :banana:

PS: I agree if 360 or any console for that matter dies then that is just not acceptable :mad:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  2. Nafta

Nafta Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950/HD4000 MVP
    I like my ps3 better than PC/Mac for gaming. I prefer to sit or lay down on my sofa when playing, not wave arms and jump around like a freak. I would have bought the Wii if they hadn't gone with ****ty SD graphics :puke2:

3. HETT

HETT Member Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256MB
    Sorry bro but my 380w antec could run your whole system... and throw in a HD3850 for 160$ and you have a 500$ gaming system. That's twice as good as the 360 graphically..

no i dont come here to argue, im just wondering seems like the trolls are defensive.

4. Nafta

Nafta Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950/HD4000 MVP
    Yes I agree that the Antec 380W PSU is strong. I had one that came with Antec Sonata Case.

I ran 4 HDD, 2 DVD stations, 6800GT and amd 3500+ ,fans etc. and watercooling. It still works in another computer. I'm not really into PC hardware anymore but aren't they supposed to be more energy efficient nowadays? It's going downhill if your PC requires 1KW of power. With these energy prices it's insane.

5. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    It just seems like your trying for flame bait, the HD3850 is a good card but there are loads of nice looking 360 games that are not on the PC thats why people like the 360, just because you dont like it doesnt mean its crap.

6. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Actually, I know that's pure BS. If you'd like to prove it I'd be happy if you'd come over here and test it out on my rig. It might run a stock computer, but I've got mine heavily OCed, with watercooling.

7. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    To answer his actual question, its because of preference, choice of games and how much money you have.

I had a 360, have a pc and ps3. If i had more money i'd buy a 360 again. But you wont catch me buying a Wii!

8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    If you want a fast computer, it'll be more than a 360 at launch. But here's my thoughts on the whole situation. Get ready for this, gonna blow your mind with the paragraphs and paragraphs of thoughts of mine!!!!

To each his own. There, done. I lied a bit, not even one paragraph.

9. HETT

HETT Member Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256MB
    I just think the 360 was made crap I don't think it's crap. Your running a puny 7950 and 1GB of RAM idc how much you OC and with your OC water-cooling is useless IMO.

edit: I also OC my rig... I upped my RAM timings and I also run 900mhz clock and 1200mhz memory. I also did a little OC'ing to my CPU... all on stock cooling with perfect tempatures...

So BLAh!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  10. bodean

bodean Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    Is the 360 arcade a waste of money?
    Should one buy a premium?

11. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    everyone has preferences..what a stupid topic
    dont like it, dont use it. just be glad it exists

12. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    While I agree with you about the 360 for the most part, i dont about the PS3. You realise RB6 for PS3 was a port??? It wasnt even optimized for the PS3. I own a PS3 and let me tell you games look far better on it than 360 with a few exceptions. True HD resolutions such as 1080i and 1080p no tricks needed unlike the 360. Blu-Ray Format...etc all for 399 now. I paid 499 which i thought was cheap for that box of power. PS3 is still more powerful than our PC's. Maybe the next round of CPU's and GPU's will outdo the PS3, more than probable.

And what i mean by the next round is G100's and w/e ATI has out to compare R800???

I played Assassins Creed On PS3 and 360 on my Vizio HDLCD at 1080i and lemme tell you PS3 was way better looking. No its not a night and day difference but its there. Sharper images for sure. DMC4 demo i Dl'd for both consoles...PS3's version is a tad faster and clearer than 360's. I wish i there was a PC demo..would definately like to see that one...

13. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Well, my 7950gt isn't much, but I used to have a 7900GT with a 1.55v volt mod on it, a 3700+ @ 2.9Ghz, and my RAM is at 3.6v. Using the eXtreme PSU Calulator you'd barely be able to run my setup at stock speeds, says 361w. That probably wouldn't last very long either.

Yea, my water cooling isn't very useful ATM, but I planned on keeping it a long time, and I've had it for well over a year already. It's seen plenty of use, and will likely see plenty more use for several years to come.

You must like to start flame wars because it's obvious that you don't know crap. The more you talk the stupider you look.

14. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    my antec 400 couldnt handle my system it blew up so na :p lol what does the arcade not have over the premuim one? My friend has the elite one and it does look slick but makes alot of nice when running unlike my ps3.

15. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    1080i is not true HD its an upscaled version of 720p hence 1080p is the best quality you can get at the moment, unless im miss enformed.........again :p

16. HETT

HETT Member Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256MB
    Is stupider a word? I don't believe so... You're just angry I have valid responses for a proclaimed "fanboy." Like I said I owned 360 and older consoles experience a good amount of time on the Wii and PS3 if people could read the topic title im asking a question and stating opinion, I don't believe anything I said in my first comment could be labeled FACT. So get off my ass with your high horse bull.

17. Ex4000

Ex4000 Master Guru

GPU:
    2600XT
    i miss good consoles which didn't have pre-game menus and were just simple

18. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Hett: it was quite idiotic to say his water cooling is useless with his overclock. I mean.... it's still cooling his hardware quite nicely..... more than likely a lot better than air cooling. It's also more than likely much quieter than it would be on air.

And yeah.... [sarcasm] who needs an 8800. i mean.... they suck. the X38xx cards are SOOOOO much better than any 8800 [/sarcasm]

19. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    How long did you wait after writing the title before you wrote that intro sentence?

Same price? Not in my experience.

Honestly, The kind of games I play on PC/Xbox/Wii are totally different, and offer experiences I can't get on the other platforms.

Sounds like you just buy crappy games. Everyone knows Red Steel sucked, that doesn't mean Wii sucks.
    If you stick to AAA titles, you can't really have a bad experience.

20. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    I would say the same but haven't really been interested in consoles since the original Playstation, so there we go.... started off a Mac gamer really and moved to Playstation then we got a PC and it went from there to now....

I don't really see a point in getting back into consoles when I've been PC gaming for a considerable number of years, it just annoys me when fanboys start saying to me how their 360 or PS3 owns all PC's etc.... really annoys me.