Cloverfield

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by vbetts, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Azt3c33

Azt3c33 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD/HD6950/2Gb

well you might go on and tell us, what you think is a good movie
    so we can go and check it out

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  2. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Quite honestly, I haven't had the opportunity to see one in a while. Here in San Jose, there are so many people, legal and illegal, that viewing a film in a theater is usually an unpleasant experience because these jagoffs have no respect for movie etiquette.

It's hard to tell Pablo to shut the hell up when Juan, Fernando, and Augustine are outnumbering you 4 to 1.

I did, however, love The 300 in HD, it seriously rocked. Personal preference obviously but you asked. :)

3. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    You didnt like blackhawk down? or serinty? or clerks 2??

You have wierd standards lol sorry.

4. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Dude, I LOVED those movies. Don't misinterpret my remarks. Are you under the influence of recreational pharmaceuticals? :)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    lol, i found some videos on net about the monster of cloverfield. so this is anotehr monster movie like GODZILLA which has elements of Blair Witch?. iam going to cinema sooner :)

6. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Well, enjoy blowing all the lira. I'll wait for HBO. :)

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Ahahha XD . liras for to blow! :nerd:. we dont have HBO here :\

8. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    You ain't missing much.

9. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    It would appear this forum isn't the only one with the majority say over 80% of people saying the movie was horrible..the jerky cam was making people sick etc.

I'll pass on this one and wait for it to maybe come out on HBO or whatever and then I'll be sure to keep a trash can handy or some motion sickness pills.

10. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Thats what i mean.

It caters towards the younger audience that dont care about the Shaky cam.

I thought it made it feel...more real. like you were there.

11. dmonk

dmonk Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    yeah but curiously the critics are taking it very well. This is kind of opposite of say, a movie like Transformers.

the somethingawful forums are taking it in well, generally speaking, and they are in the top 10 largest forums in the world(maybe not at very moment)

12. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    I'm going to see this tonight, and to be perfectly honest I don't really listen to forum chatter as advice on whether a movie is good or not so I'm going in with an open mind. From past movie threads on here I seem to remember most of you have terrible taste in movies anyway. :)

13. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    just my opinion, but I thought the movie was incredible! the shaky camera was easy to get used to and it made you feel like you were there. definitely one of the best cinematic adventures ive had in a while...seeing it in theaters probably does a lot for it too considering the sound was amazing!!!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  14. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    That the problem right there. I never... ever take a girl to a movie that I want to see. Because on a night out she is the centre of my attention. So I wouldn't enjoy the movie anyway. I am a bit of a movie buff and I like to give the film my entire, undivided attention so that I can base my opinion of the movie on the movie and not on the evening in which the movie happened to be watched. Not going to happen on a night out with a girl.

Granted you have already gotten your woman committed hook, line and sinker so a night out may be very different then what it is for me.

15. Azt3c33

Azt3c33 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD/HD6950/2Gb
    well if you live in the south, better get used to it:banana: and i was talking about some of the new releases, 300 is old news, maybe Rambo!!! lmao:wanker:jk, i guess this year there won't be so much to choose
    from.
    we'll see:puke2:

16. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    I'm so glad heaps of guys here bagged the movie because it lowered my expectations a lot. I was blown away. That was the most intense cinema experience I've had in as long as I can remember, right up there with having a bad trip in Transformers (and that had nothing to do with the movie being any good). It was edgy, intense, disorientating, scary, and just plain ****ing badass. Coming out of the film I had the same feeling you get coming off a wicked theme park ride. Straight out don't listen to the haters, this is definitely worth seeing, and absolutely has to be seen on the big screen. 4 stars from me, not for the plot or the dialogue etc, just for the raw primitive experience of feeling as if you are right in the action and uncomfortable as ****.

17. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    See told ya it was good :p

People must have To high standards :)

18. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    I really enjoyed it in parts of the movie I was tensing up. I like the camera work to be honest I don't think it would be nearly as effective with a proper crew filming it. The movie without the parasites would have been about as dull as it gets seriously this movie is about them and not the monster.

This movie obviously draws alot from the events on September 11th '01 , in fact it was the first thing I thought about when one of the buildings collapsed and a cloud of dust blew by and then just releasing "**** , something like that actually happened 6 years ago"

It's not preachy though and to be fair the first 20 minutes could be cut out for 20 more minutes of parasite activity. I didn't really see the need for 20 minutes of them trying to provide back story for the motivation of the main guy I think that could have been done much better whilst "on the run".

19. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Bah it doesn't come out till Feb 8th here.

20. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT

I believe your only giving a great review to follow up on your "don't hurt that movie with your bad words" post... This movie isn't worth seeing.. I can't believe anyone would say this is a great movie when not only do you have all the issues with the damn camera moving but you have over 95% of those that have watched it are saying it sucked.

Its ok if you want to tell the truth for a change..we understand.