Rumor: Assassin's Creed PC requirements finalized

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by NvidiaFreak, Jan 17, 2008.

1. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    Minimum System Requirements:

* Windows XP or Vista
    * 2 GB RAM
    * Dual core processor (Intel Pentium D or better)
    * 256MB Direct3D 10 compatible video card, or Direct3D 9 card compatible with Shader Model 3.0 or higher
    * DirectX compatible driver
    * DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
    * 16 GB free hard disk space
    * DirectX libraries (included)
    * Vista compatible sound card
    * Keyboard, Mouse
    * Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller (optional)

Recommended System Requirements:

* Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo, or better processor
    * 3 GB System RAM
    * ATI HD2900 series, Nvidia GeForce 8800 series, or better video card
    * 5.1 sound card
    * Microsoft Xbox 360 controller

Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:

* DirectX10 compatible cards, recommended ATI HD2900 series, Nvidia GeForce 8800 series
    * Direct3D 9 card compatible with Shader Model 3.0 or higher

source : http://exophase.com/pc/rumor-assassins-creed-pc-system-requirements-3054.htm

2. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

looks higher than crysis...

3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Looks like high end port game to me, too high requirments not sure how many PC can handle it.

4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    3 Gigs of RAM!...LOL....

5. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Agreed, smells like a steaming pile of port to me... :(

6. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Be positive, there's a high chance that they're being honest with their recommendations :D

7. bug77

bug77 Banned

GPU:
    Palit 8800GT
    3GB RAM and 2900/8800 video card? Afaik, consoles have none of these and can still run the game.

8. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    3gb of ram!!!! never ever....cpu and video looks normal but the ram...neahhhh...

9. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Ugh no way that looks right.

10. easy2007

easy2007 Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX470 4GB
    wow 3GB's of Ram ouch wot did they do make the game so i doesnt need to ever load.

11. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    at least it didn't say that a 7800GTX can run it. then when the game came out, even the ultra is struggling with it on max.

12. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    thats usually in ubisofts minimum requirements, a 7800GTX or ATI 1300 lol

13. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    and Epic games UTIII recently, lol.
    I just saw the 3GB Ram, i mean it's a big great lol out there, sure memory is very cheap i don't see problem buying even 4GB, but it's not necessary and won't be necessary for games until end of 2009 or half 2009, i think that Assassin's Creed will be just bad port or too high end port that will prevent from any PC out there to enjoy the game on full glory, i'm pretty sure that if this requirement will be true, then the 8800 will not handle the game on highest settings, probably not even on high.
    Another example of too high end game that focus greatly on graphics and not so enjoyable, it's Crysis which also selling very poor especially compared to COD4 that has all what a real FPS game should be, rather than making it too high end and unplayable.

14. tyxeros

tyxeros Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080
    I have 8Gb ram on Winxp64. I am using a G15 keyboard and i am watching the memory utilization. In Desktop enviroment i have 11% usage. Playing Crysis with patch for VeryHigh mode, 64bit, no AA i am getting max 40% memory usage.

15. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    I agree, look again at the minimum requirements;

'Vista compatible sound card'
    'Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller'
    'Direct3d 10 card or Direct3d 9 card'

Why would these be put in as minimum requirements when the game works on XP and not just Vista, doesn't require an X360 gamepad, and why even mention DirectX 10 hardware?

16. Grymn

Grymn Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 512 750/2100 SLI
    From what I've seen graphics wise this game doesn't really warrent such high specifications? I hope this isn't a bad port.

Then again my most anticipated game has changed from Assassins Creed to this :

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22923.html?type=

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  17. Frohman0905

Frohman0905 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX680 2GB OC @ 1202/7000
    I'm not surprised. I still "remember" the days when battlefield 2 came out and everyone was so mad because you needed 2 gigs of ram to run it maxed out. Now's the time that games need 3 gigs of ram. That's how things go

18. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    lol, ahh yeah forgot about UT3 :)

Im not buying any ubisoft games whatsoever anymore after RB6 Vegas, not until i read a review that gives it a great score for the PC and ive checked how disgruntled gamers are on the official forum for a while after release. They make the absolute worst unoptimised pile of crap ports, they have to be the worst publisher for this. Vegas was stunningly horrible, the requirements tool would bomb out if you had a Core 2 that was under 3Ghz( because it was expecting a P4 ) while even on 8800GTX's the game crawled. Vegas is a great fun game, the support and port sucked bigtime though, hell it never got proper widescreen support, only support for console widescreen resolutions, i mean who needs 1680x1050? lol

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i ordered PS3 version week ago and still waiting. if there wont be extra features i wont buy this but i can TEST the game somehow ;)

20. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    That's right man, they had very crap ports along side with Codemasters, remember Dirt and Overlord?? they've got same requirements and they worked very poor considering the gameplay and graphic, moreover i had a friend with 8800GT and E6750 that came to my house so i can solve him issues with his PC(that friend is buried under heavy casket and his PC gave away to charity :)
    we tried RS Vegas on 1680*1050 and it worked on 15-20FPS at beginning, lol i mean that game is using UTIII engine at very first stages and works soo bad? if there are two companies that can screw ANY GAME that would be EA Games And Ubisoft.