Will this cooler work with my Q6600?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by focus2069, Jan 16, 2008.

1. focus2069

focus2069 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT
    Ok, so I just got this cooler from a compusa store closing sale.

Zalman CNPS7700-Cu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The box says it will work with socket 775, but in the fine print it says its for pentium 4's.

I just want to make sure this will work with my Socket 775 Q6600 on a Asus P5n32-e sli mobo.

Thanks!

2. surrealX

surrealX Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Just try it. The store is closing so you can't return it and it was probably really cheap. Who knows it might work really well.

3. i_am_vince

i_am_vince Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800Gts 320 OC (factory clocked
    it should work. but dont expect to reach the temp equivalent to zalman 9500/9700.
    but i think should work better than the stock cooler

4. dragonparadox

dragonparadox New Member

the all copper is cool.

I bought a Cooler Master GeminII .. with rebate it's only 25.00$ from newegg after you buy the 2 120mm fans. (15+10 for fans) wish it was all copper (would probably be too heavy for the mobo lol), but i don't think could find a better cooler for cooling not just your CPU but the mobo and mem sticks as well. (ideal for the north/south bridge heatsinks on the new mobo's) that is provided you can get it installed well. some have had problems, but I just got mine and I think they are sending better mounting brackets now. (..not sure yet, havn't installed but everything LOOKS good)

I think they are really on to something with design. can't say anything for execution yet, but design wise i think GeminII and with 2 120mm fans, probably has the potential of being more silent then any others as well.