FarCry 2 for 360 and PS3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Rodman, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    Great, now the game will end up a watered down piece of crap with no DX10 support made with consoles in mind. To make matters worse the developer made the 'FarCrys' for consoles and the games sucked IMO. I have no real reason to upgrade this year since every game I'm interested in is made for consoles in mind and PCs last. That means all I really need to play all the games this year is with what I have now.

2. racofer

racofer Guest

GPU:
    HD6950 2GB Twin Frozr III
    Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

3. CCchips

CCchips Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5970 2048Mb
    Umm, just so you know: DX10 is almost exactly like DX9. There's almost no discernable difference.

Besides, people who usually play console games are those who cannot afford to upgrade their computer every few years to play the latest games - that or they don't think it's worth it. PC's offer the best of everything, provided you have the money! If you go for a 7th-gen console, expect excellent framerates and good graphics, but I wouldn't expect the creme of the crop found in PC gaming.

4. Curtimus

Curtimus Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD4870 790/4400
    Judging by your system specs you have NO reason to upgrade anyway! (I'm jealous!) Far Cry 2 will look and play better on the PC. It has been under developement for the PC and will be "watered down" for the consoles. Look at Gears of War- much improved on the PC. If a game is offered cross-platform it always looks best on my PC. They just jumped the gun on DX10 and pushed it out too fast.

5. grimsanta

grimsanta Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640MB @ 575/1750
    Call of Juarez and World in Conflict look a whole lot better in dx10, no offense. You are correct if you mean that a lot of games run a seperate code path that uses features that dx9 could have done, but some games really have used dx10 potential.

6. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    Is call of juarez fun?

7. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    the game will support dx10 features...this was said by ubisoft..

8. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    I have a bad feeling about this....

9. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    I thought it was boring in my opinion but that's just me :banana:

10. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yes, it's a great western FPS with an interesting storyline, in my opinion. The graphics are great too. Definitely worth checking out.

11. bug77

bug77 Banned

GPU:
    Palit 8800GT
    Well, for the performance hit they take from DX10, the devs could have just emulated the extra eye-candy in software and only use DX9 ;)

12. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Farcry Instinct was one of the best game on Xbox. It will rock on PS3/360, that's it. And dude, it's made by Ubisoft Montreal, they only give us quality stuff. I can't wait to play this thing on my PS3.

13. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Weren't Ubisoft Montreal responsible for SC: DA?

That was the buggiest piece of crap to ever grace my hard drive, save for Boiling Point!

14. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750

Yes but i wonder what their thinking now? I hope they stick with it. Sure we really don't need DX10 with current hardware but by spring we should have the guns to do so. Yet I don't see much coming that makes me say "damb, this game is going to be killer with my 9800GTX:3eyes:

15. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The main difference between COJ DX9 and DX10 is the DX10 version had better textures, you're not seeing any real DX10 in it.

16. Grymn

Grymn Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 512 750/2100 SLI
    That's true, and the European DX10 patch has finally been released. I really enjoyed the preacher missions in this game, and the last two levels were pretty good.

17. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    As sad as this sounds I never played through it. I started the game in XP and about half way through I went to Vista. For whatever reason I could not get Vsync to work anymore no matter what so I said the hell with it.

18. nas711

nas711 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Dell 30" BFG 8800gtx OC + PhySEX
    seriously....I bought my 8800gtx for DX10...has it done any good? NOPE. Dx10 hasn't given any significant leaps and bounds over dx9. The only game i'm runnin dx10 is crysis and for only the fact i couldnt be bothered messing round with cfg's to get it running as pretty as dx10. I couldn't care if the next 20 big games are dx9.....just make them play good and not a slideshow aka crysis. Developers, build games for NOW, because if you do like crytek has done and build them for future tech, by the time its upgrade time, everyone has forgotten about your game. By the time a 9800gtx or whatever comes out, im sure there will be nice looking games that run better than crysis did.

19. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    With that said, EA should have waited for Nvidia or ATI to get hardware out that could run the game well before they released it. Meanwile Crytek could have polished and added more content to the PC version and start work on the 360 version for Xmas of 08, lol.

20. Kaitoe

Kaitoe Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    The PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 versions were developed by Ubisoft Shanghai, while Montreal developed the PS2 and Xbox versions (which were much, much better), and the first and third Splinter Cell as well.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008